PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham U21s - any comments?

AlexLeicester
04-02-2014, 09:33 AM
I see on here that sacrewebleu was planning to go yesterday. The OS 'report' is useless and I was hoping that we might have a few comments on how the second string, which included Phillips, Ikpeazu, Mellor, performed.
Just interested.

Adester
04-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Well I see Uche scored AGAIN, so I am at a loss as to why he doesn't start a game!

It seems to me that with this lad its just a matter of time before he puts it in the net!

He's scored 28 in 28, he has also scored in both U21 games for us so 2 in 2, you cant expect him to score with 4-5 minuets to go in a senior game but I would put money on him scoring in his first full start for the Alex!

alexmick
04-02-2014, 11:16 AM
To be fair to Steve Davis and the lads who have performed so admirably in the last two home outings, it is difficult for room to be made to accommodate the new lad just yet. The only player I would perhaps leave out would be Ajay, simply because of his lack of physical presence when it comes to dealing with the big defenders and his apparent lack of goals in his game. Having said that, it is always down to horses for courses. The new lad will get his chance. Both he and the fans will just have to be patient in the meantime.

sacrewebleu
04-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Remiss of me not to contribute. Won 1.0, as reported a early second half goal from UChe after being in on goal after sublime outside of the foot pass from Dugdale played him in. Keeper brought him him down when going round him. No booking or sending off, in fairness this is a development league so I think they try to keep them on the pitch.

Conditions reminded me of the opening scenes of a Dickensian novel, cold, sorry very very cold, windy and in one direction so we played with it in the first half and against in the second. Our over age players were Dugdale, Byron (wasnt counting but say 65 mins), Turton and Phillips.
Game of two halves and we deserved the win overall. First half we played very well, controllong much of the midfield, nolan the calmest lad on the pitch keeping it simple and posession and Turton a little rusty as youd expect but also did well, particualrly as the game went on. Byron at times looks leagues ahead when he wants to be. one of the standouts for me, all o

somersetcrewe
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
but a big mention for the right back who I think i read impressed in the youth cup. He has an engine fresh out of Rolls Royce, up and down and in the second half when we were into the wind and chasing down he had several wingers in his pocket and at times pushing their left back at the other end. Definately one for the not too distant future.

If it was the one from the Youth Cup game, then that's James Baillie, my MOM on that night. Good to hear he's maintaining a level of consistency!!

AlexLeicester
04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Many thanks Sacrewebleu :-D
That was a lot better than I'd hoped. Puts a bit of pressure on me and Fevver-tox when we go to Derby for the Development Squad later this month.