PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool sold out

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Liverpool tickets snapped up a month before the match. Could have sold at least 10,000 more for this one. The demand for the final home game v Man United is going to be massive.

kernow
04-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Didn't even know they were on sale !!?? :?
Disappointed to miss this one ! :( :/ :blue:

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:14 PM

All tickets and hospitality sold out in a day.

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:15 PM

All tickets and hospitality sold out in a day. They could probably sell 50,000 tickets for the Man United game. Those tickets are going to be like gold dust.

You can get some idea of the size of the fan base from the fact that the club has 185,000 followers on Twitter and many fans are not even on Twitter.

kernow
04-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Single seats only left. Just bought one !! :D

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Well, lucky you. The club was saying an hour ago that there were none left:

Southampton FC [!]8207;@SouthamptonFC 1h

All standard tickets and hospitality packages for the visit of @LFC next month have now SOLD OUT. Thanks for the superb support! #saintsfc

chiswickmart
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
All tickets and hospitality sold out in a day. They could probably sell 50,000 tickets for the Man United game. Those tickets are going to be like gold dust.

You can get some idea of the size of the fan base from the fact that the club has 185,000 followers on Twitter and many fans are not even on Twitter.

Of the 4 people I follow on twitter who also follow Scum FC, 2 are Scum and 2 are journalists.

An impressive number though Fiddley, but sure there's a large amount who follow for information purposes.

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
For comparison, Pompey has 37,000 followers on Twitter. I'm assuming some of those are for journalistic purposes too.

chiswickmart
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised by both numbers to be honest. The Pompey account is relatively new, but I'm still surprised to see that many.

I'm not knocking this, just trying to work out how you get to 185k when as you say, plenty of fans won't even be on twitter.

I'm wondering how many are the serious Fantasy League players sourcing injury info etc. Are there many foreigners on there too?

OhWell
04-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised by both numbers to be honest. The Pompey account is relatively new, but I'm still surprised to see that many.

I'm not knocking this, just trying to work out how you get to 185k when as you say, plenty of fans won't even be on twitter.

I'm wondering how many are the serious Fantasy League players sourcing injury info etc. Are there many foreigners on there too?

I didn't 'work it out'. It's a simple fact that Southampton FC has 185,000 registered followers while Portsmouth FC has 36,700. You simply have to go to their Twitter pages to see that.

Brockley_Jack
04-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Missed the boat, myself. Just logged on to find they're all gone. >:(

chiswickmart
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM

I didn't 'work it out'. It's a simple fact that Southampton FC has 185,000 registered followers while Portsmouth FC has 36,700. You simply have to go to their Twitter pages to see that.[/quote]

I know you didn't work it out Fiddley, I can see those numbers myself. I'm just surprised at the size. I doubt there are more than 25,000 Scum followers based on the South Coast.

PS At least with your new account you can post on FF!! Welcome back.

OhWell
04-02-2014, 03:04 PM
186,000 now.

harvey_7
04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Brilliant to see how fast they've gone, but shame I haven't got one.

It's on TV though so it's all good.

chiswickmart
04-02-2014, 03:52 PM
186,000 now.

I'm impressed with how quickly you create new twitter accounts.

Pentridge
04-02-2014, 04:00 PM
OhWell isn't PF Mart but I have figured out who he is though.

Good to see you posting again OW.

chiswickmart
04-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Does he appear on the top 15 table?

Dirtyweasel
04-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm surprised Stoke hasn't been as popular :P

I'm looking forward to a Brazilianesque display from the footballing purists. There'll be no parking of buses or hoofball on display this weekend XD XD XD

kernow
05-02-2014, 06:32 AM

Anothersaint ?

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 08:35 AM

Anothersaint ?[/quote]

Anus wouldn't allow himself to **** up a quote like the one above. That's what led me to Fiddley. I still think it might be, although I'm intrigued by the newest user listed below and when he is going to post.

I also want to know if the 'Ohwell' has a Fleetwood Mac connotation?

BileysThere
06-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Anothersaint ?[/quote]

Anus wouldn't allow himself to **** up a quote like the one above. That's what led me to Fiddley. I still think it might be, although I'm intrigued by the newest user listed below and when he is going to post.

I also want to know if the 'Ohwell' has a Fleetwood Mac connotation?[/quote]

I thought Ozzy was pony, :? Oh Well must be Tumbles. Doesn't really matter as they have anus licked anyway.

BilltheCat
06-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I thought Ozzy was pony, :? Oh Well must be Tumbles. Doesn't really matter as they have anus licked anyway.

Realistically this is a Board full of multi-posters.

I estimate there's only 4 or 5 actual scummers on Scum Mad.

It's the Internet equivalent of playing crowd noise over the PA at The New Skip to create some atmosphere.

Dirtyweasel
06-02-2014, 08:05 PM

That's a nice portsmyth. However, my gormless little charity thief, most of us have actually met each other so as nice as your theory is, like you, it's just plain wrong.

BileysThere
06-02-2014, 08:50 PM

That's a nice portsmyth. However, my gormless little charity thief, most of us have actually met each other so as nice as your theory is, like you, it's just plain wrong.[/quote]

Whats wrong is how you never clear up the debris your meetings make before the council move you on.

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Well done Kernow. Getting tricky now for any of the top games and away games are near impossible.

ForeverPompey
08-02-2014, 06:42 AM
i had a dream last night,that Liverpool won this game 8-0! can't wait for Grannie to put up the prediction thread :D didn't dream the time and scorer of the first goal though :/

proclaimer
08-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Dreaming about Saints eh! B)

ozsaint1976
11-02-2014, 09:43 AM
i had a dream last night,that Liverpool won this game 8-0! can't wait for Grannie to put up the prediction thread :D didn't dream the time and scorer of the first goal though :/

You're obviously not good enough to dream of players who are premier league standard. The 8-0 was not a dream but a nightmare, a prediction of Chesterfield on the same weekend! :blue:

Please come to terms with the fact we are playing Liverpool in the Premier League and you are playing Chesterpool in division four. FFS you don't even deserve to be on this board!

kernow
11-02-2014, 10:16 AM
... FFS you don't even deserve to be on this board!

Arguably. But he's welcome anyway.

BileysThere
11-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Arguably. But he's welcome anyway.[/quote]

Selling out against Stoke would have proved a "bigger" point don't you all think?

Grannie64
12-02-2014, 06:02 AM

Arguably. But he's welcome anyway.[/quote]

Selling out against Stoke would have proved a "bigger" point don't you all think?[/quote]

Why would it?