PDA

View Full Version : QOS v Falkirk

aloreburn
04-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Really looking forward to the game this weekend against the leaders although it'll probably be one of our hardest fixture yet . They're unbeaten in 11 games & will not want their unbeaten to end .

Queens will again be without Russell & Higgins who are still suspended . Barring anymore injuries we'll most probably start with the same starting 11 as last week .

jardi
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Looking forward to this game immensely.

Ironically the forecast is suggesting very strong winds again, - the very reason the game was abandoned in the first place.

Moniaive_QOS
04-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Aye, very much looking forward to it. Hopefully Falkirk bring down a big loud away support and we can get a bit of atmosphere going!

BlueHair
04-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Its going to be a cracker.
A real pivotal point in our season.

The next three games will have a big effect on our season I think.

Come on the Queens get stuck in...

JRSLEFTPEG
04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Right lads, bearing in mind who is out , what way should we line up ?

Lefty3
04-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Watched the highlights of Falkirk v Morton, they weren't very impressive, Ton got right in about them and certainly deserved the draw.Queens mid-field seems to be playing better, and we have a relatively settled defence, and we have plenty players capable of scoring.I would start with this eleven if they're fit to play.

ATKINSON

MITCHELL DURNAN DOWIE HOLT

PATON MC KENNA BURNS CARMICHAEL

REILLY MC HUGH

The reason i would start Carmichael is to try and stop Duffie bombing forward at will. Up the Queeeens!

jardi
05-02-2014, 08:38 AM
JR, it's not so much the line up per se, although I think this medium has proved that 4-4-2 is the best format as 2 strikers stretches the opposition giving the midfield more time and the ability to saturate that part of the field.

What I would like to see is Queens keeping the ball on the deck as they did against Falkirk in the abandoned match. Falkirk couldn't cope with that strategy and Queens would have won that match at a canter.

aloreburn
05-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Most football clubs will play the ball on the deck in circumstances like they were that day

aloreburn
05-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Noticed Derek Young played for the reserves last night . Maybe he'll be on the bench on Sat ??

jardi
05-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Why didn't Falkirk play the ball on the deck then?
They were lie fish out of water and Queens had the beating of them albeit in terrible conditions.

aloreburn
05-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Why didn't Falkirk play the ball on the deck then?
They were lie fish out of water and Queens had the beating of them albeit in terrible conditions.

Why are Falkirk unbeaten in 11 and top of the league ...?

JRSLEFTPEG
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Jardi , let me correct myself . I was meaning who should start rather than what formation . Am I right in saying we have a couple suspended ?

jardi
06-02-2014, 09:22 AM
JR I know exactly what you mean, and you know exactly what I mean too!

Palmyman
07-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Falkirk were like a fish out of water and Queens had the beating of them. You come away with some crazy statements Jardi but that one tops the lot. The game lasted 26 minutes in horrendous conditions before being abandoned with both teams unable to play any football :?

palmylad
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
More rain & strong winds forecast for tomorrow but hopefully not as bad as last time .

Difficult game for Queens but there's no reason why we can't win it despite the loss of Higgins & Russell through suspension . Paton was receiving treatment on an injury picked up last weekend against Livingston but should make it

http://i57.tinypic.com/n5jxxe.jpg

topfitter
07-02-2014, 06:39 PM
The half-time entertainment at the Queen of the South FC versus Falkirk FC will be a PENALTY SHOOT-OUT between Terregles FC Under 17s and Greystone Rovers Under 17s.

Please offer your support as normal and enjoy. - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/?p=234)

deek5trans
07-02-2014, 09:56 PM
If we have a real go at them i reckon we have a chance. Sit back and defend and it could be a long afternoon. They looked decent in attack but no great shakes in defense.

JRSLEFTPEG
07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
If we have a real go at them i reckon we have a chance. Sit back and defend and it could be a long afternoon. They looked decent in attack but no great shakes in defense. Deek , this is the exact opposite of what their fans on P and B are saying . They say they have far more bother with teams sitting in against them than attacking them.

qosdreamer
07-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I now have a desperate need of some decent football after watching the BBCs tie of the round at Ibrox tonight.
Will be the first look at McHugh for the home crowd so a chance for him to shine.Maybe a chance for Danny to come back in.A stern test but we must try and win our home games.Come on Queens.