PDA

View Full Version : Morgan the man !

greystone16
04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Once again we have witnessed what a total mess clubs get into when they get involved with foreign owners. Leeds are in total disarray and Birmingham City's owner is in court this week I believe on an alleged fraud charge. Even Southampton have their troubles. OK you can point to Chelsea ,Man City, Man U and a few others who have bought success but overall I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole so although some c*ckups were made thank goodness we have Steve Morgan. I'll wait for the brick bats.

dunstablewolf
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Once again we have witnessed what a total mess clubs get into when they get involved with foreign owners. Leeds are in total disarray and Birmingham City's owner is in court this week I believe on an alleged fraud charge. Even Southampton have their troubles. OK you can point to Chelsea ,Man City, Man U and a few others who have bought success but overall I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole so although some c*ckups were made thank goodness we have Steve Morgan. I'll wait for the brick bats.

Before this year. Steve has stuck his nose into football matter.s. Ie. walking into Micks changing room after the Liverpool game.

Now he is keeping his nose out of football and his wallet open, I like him far more.

nortonwolf
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM

Before this year. Steve has stuck his nose into football matter.s. Ie. walking into Micks changing room after the Liverpool game.

Now he is keeping his nose out of football and his wallet open, I like him far more.[/quote]

Greystone while I agree we would be worse off, Mr Morgan has hardly covered himself in glory the last three years... he has made some appalling choices. While the Ken

wolves71
04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
The old saying of "be careful what you wish for" springs to mind. Wolves haven't ended up going down the route of Portsmouth, Leeds or Birmingham City. Mistakes have been made, ie sacking of managers, replacing one with his side kick. Wolves then went down the foreign route and tried their luck with Solbakken, that one didn't last long and neither did his replacement Saunders. It has taken two relegations to be a wake up call. Wolves under Kenny Jackett are nicely placed for an instant return to the championship.

Off the field, Morgan has stepped back, allowed Moxey and Thelwell to do their homework and getting Jackett in. Jackett has been backed in the two transfer windows, but also played homegrown players. I want the best for Wolves and sometimes instead of continually looking back, it's time to look forward.

Evewolf65
04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't think I'll ever fully forgive Steve Morgan for where Wolverhampton Wanderers are now, back in 1985 there was a reason for our demise consistent poor financial decisions in a time when Football's public profile was at it's lowest ebb in this country, coupled with some baffling Managerial appointments meant we were Bankrupt!
In 2012 we were the most solvent we have been for decades and look what happened!
If I didn't know already that this bloke built up one of the countries biggest Building firms Redrow and someone had told me after his turbulent first half a dozen years in charge, I would of thought they were taking the P1$$
Still probably better the Devil you know now eh!

Woking88
04-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Norton, why do you have reservations about KJ managing above League 1 level? the best managers in the Prem weren't born there. What Kenny is doing for Wolves is top drawer management - what basis is there to assume that he can't carry that forward?

Just asking like! ;)

ariesismale
04-02-2014, 08:23 PM
morgan out moxey out ,still don't trust them I just hope we go up ,and see if morgan does back kj in the summer transfer window then I might change my mind .hope everyone is keeping ok and well .

Evewolf65
04-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Norton, why do you have reservations about KJ managing above League 1 level? the best managers in the Prem weren't born there. What Kenny is doing for Wolves is top drawer management - what basis is there to assume that he can't carry that forward?

Just asking like! ;)

I also have my reservations about KJ as a Championship Manager Wokes to the extent I'll say now, in my opinion I don't think he's got what it takes to get us back into the Premier league, In actual fact I still don't know whether he'll get out of this God forsaken Division time will tell.;)

nortonwolf
05-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Wokes, Eve sums it up pretty nicely above. I'm not saying he wont succeed I just suspect this is his level just as Mick Mccarthy's is the championship. Don't get me wrong though I'm more than content with what he's achieved to date, he does appear to be the medicine we needed.

Woking88
05-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Just asking like! ;)

I also have my reservations about KJ as a Championship Manager Wokes to the extent I'll say now, in my opinion I don't think he's got what it takes to get us back into the Premier league, In actual fact I still don't know whether he'll get out of this God forsaken Division time will tell.;)[/quote]

let's hope that we have the chance to find out about his Championship abilities next season, Eve! :)

dunstablewolf
05-02-2014, 10:24 AM

Now he is keeping his nose out of football and his wallet open, I like him far more.[/quote]

Greystone while I agree we would be worse off, Mr Morgan has hardly covered himself in glory the last three years... h

greystone16
05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I agree with much that has been said particularly the fact that he and the Board got the choice of managers drastically wrong
especially the TC episode.Nevertheless I think he has atoned so far and looking to the future he is preparing the club for better days,you only have to look at the expansion at the training ground, it is enormous and this will help new player targets probably favour us when making a decision as to who to sign for plus the eventual enlarged Molineux whenever that may happen.So in my book Morgans the man,not camel riders,eastern European con men,US baseball owners,Indian chicken farmers or Far Eastern gamblers.

Woking88
05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm on your side with this one, Greystone. I also think a lot of Cardiff City fans would be as well- 'Bluebirds' for more than 100 years and now 'Redbirds', because he thinks red is a more marketable colour.

I'll bet Abramovich doesn't agree with him and that is the answer, if Cardiff were setting the world alight, the fans wouldn't be too bothered about the colour, but they aren't and that makes it even more pathetic! :/

MichiganWolf
05-02-2014, 05:36 PM
He did a dreadful job from May 23, 2011 to the day before he fired Dean Saunders. But since then, I can't complain with how it's been handled. It's just sad that it took two consecutive relegations to get it right. But I believe that his decisions are made with the good intentions, however poorly they may end up. Whereas I can't say that about many other owners throughout footy, who have misguided intentions.