PDA

View Full Version : Would Jamie MacDonald be good for season 2014-15 ?

Sup3rw3ll
04-02-2014, 04:45 PM
His contract ends this season and current team looking like they will be in the lower league next season. Possible replacement for a number 1 spot ?

steviex
04-02-2014, 05:27 PM
His contract ends this season and current team looking like they will be in the lower league next season. Possible replacement for a number 1 spot ?

In view of the losses we are incurring and the fact our policy is now to employ on contracts of 2 years and most of the team on such contracts I would suggest we forget about transfer activity as we cannot afford what we have. Other than shipping guys out that we cannot afford, McFadden , McManus and Hutchtison I don't see much else happening. No doubt the sh1teheap of a pitch will require more summer money shovelled at it.

Yazz
04-02-2014, 10:13 PM
ts ... No doubt the sh1teheap of a pitch will require more summer money shovelled at it.
And the annual maintenance on the POD Stand.

wellowell
05-02-2014, 11:42 AM
FFS all we do on this site is moan moan moan the pitch is not that bad these days we have had more rain last couple of months than we normally get in a year and all pitches are suffering even in the premiership in England and maybe you don't know this but grass dosnt grow this time of year so if a sodden pitch cuts we have to get on with it but yea lets do the usual slag our pitch and forget about the bad weather that caused it

wellowell
05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Yes I think he can be a possibility as unfortunately we are stuck with Nielsen for another year but hollis is out of contract so we could have Nielsen as no 2 and get a new no 1 in although would not be surprised if we get dan back as hes out of contract as well and has a good record with us played 5 won 5 and did do well when on loan

steviex
05-02-2014, 04:55 PM
FFS all we do on this site is moan moan moan the pitch is not that bad these days we have had more rain last couple of months than we normally get in a year and all pitches are suffering even in the premiership in England and maybe you don't know this but grass dosnt grow this time of year so if a sodden pitch cuts we have to get on with it but yea lets do the usual slag our pitch and forget about the bad weather that caused it

No blooody wonder... all we hear from the club is how fpucked up financially we are yet we shovel money at that pitch every blooody year. Im sure society members will be well chuffed if their nest egg for the club has to be wasted on a blooody pitch that never sustains an improvement for more than 16 months ...

"the grass doesn't grow this time of year"

No kidding sherlock. None of the other pitches in the spfl have had over a million quid thrown at them in the last 3 years so they should be sh1teheaps.

sieb1886
06-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Just spoke to my old mukka (Mr Alan Titchmarsh); claims he's advised MFC for years they should change to astroturf due to the concentration of clay, and impervious soil in the Fir Park area. Got to say though, I did ask "what da fekk do you know about plants"? He wasn't amused.

wellowell
06-02-2014, 04:59 PM
I know im partly guilty for responding but only a question about whether we should consider a certain goalkeeper for next season immediately goes on to a moan about our pitch

Sup3rw3ll
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
OK... so i'll take that as 'undecided' ;D

sailorhuntersghost
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
On the goalie debate id be dlighted with either Twardzik or McDonald.

Handsome_Devil
06-02-2014, 07:22 PM
He'd be an improvement on what we have now so I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. I'd rather we took a gamble from England though.

firparkloony
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
He'd be an improvement on what we have now so I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. I'd rather we took a gamble from England though.

Anyone in particular in mind ...or just anybody in England?

wellin
06-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Maybe sieb 1886 could persuade his old mate titchmarsh to sign on the dotted line.

Handsome_Devil
06-02-2014, 09:50 PM

Anyone in particular in mind ...or just anybody in England?[/quote]

Absolutely no idea, it's just a gamble in the Ruddy or Randolph mould gives us the chance of getting a season-changing 'keeper, MacDonald is good (above average for sure imho) but he's not all that. I'd throw the dice...

sieb1886
06-02-2014, 10:17 PM
He's busy massaging sesame seeds into McD's burger rolls these days; that's as close to gardening as he gets now.
No 'green shoots' of recovery for him I'm afraid !

elf
07-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Jack Butland is available on loan from Stoke. Mark Hughes wants him to get game time.
Maybe should have a wee word with Ruddy to find out what a great club we are, and how it helped him to get a move to the EPL and for England.
Only problem is we couldn't afford to pay any part of his wage, so would have to hope they're feeling generous!!!!!!!!