PDA

View Full Version : Carroll's ban upheld

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
04-02-2014, 05:24 PM
He's simply tweeted 'DISGRACEFUL', but it does mean he'll miss the game against Saints making the Spammers that little bit easier to beat. He was quite effective against us last season.

Dirtyweasel
04-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I ****ing hate pikeys.

PapaLazarou
04-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Good - it's the correct decision.

rathnewsaint
04-02-2014, 06:26 PM
He's simply tweeted 'DISGRACEFUL', but it does mean he'll miss the game against Saints making the Spammers that little bit easier to beat. He was quite effective against us last season.

looks like BFS will have to park the bus and play
19th century football ;D

CostaBaz
04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
IMO, had his arm stopped, as soon as it came into contact, with the Swansea player's head, I would have been prepared to accept it was an accident.

But his arm seemed to accelerate, through his head, much as a golf club accelerates through the golf ball.

Also, I might be mistaken, but I got the impression, from one camera angle, that Carroll was actually watching the ref, as he did it, which probably explains why his follow through was so short - he realised he'd been seen.

harvey_7
04-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Agree with Papa, there was clear intent from the lanky pr1ck don't do the crime if you can't do the time!

Grannie64
04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Chico Flores reaction was disgraceful,but agree there was a lot of intent with that arm swing. If Flores had straighten faster it would have caught him full in the face. Carroll expression when he sees how close Webb is like a schoolboy caught with his hand in the sweet jar. Shame had my neck brace ready for my visit to the Boleyn Ground.

ShottermillSaint
04-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Well that is rather good for us isn't it
Whatever you think of Andy Carroll he caused us all sorts of problems at St Marys last season

PapaLazarou
05-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Whatever you think of Andy Carroll he caused us all sorts of problems at St Marys last season

His style of play causes problems whoever he plays against..

I'm certainly not shedding any tears that he'll be absent from the Saints game, that's for sure..

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 08:03 PM
If I remember correctly players have been sent off for a tackle because the intent was there, regardless of whether they made contact, so how is swinging an arm any different?