PDA

View Full Version : lucas neill

jordan12rhodes
04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
maybe given a contract. can`t question his on field attitude, would set a good example to the younger players i reckon. would be a bit of a `salgado` gamble that could be worth it..

MillHillRover
04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
maybe given a contract. can`t question his on field attitude, would set a good example to the younger players i reckon. would be a bit of a `salgado` gamble that could be worth it..

So who do ya drop to accommodate him ?

Howie5o
04-02-2014, 08:50 PM

So who do ya drop to accommodate him ?[/quote]

Im presuming no one MH ..Neill would surely only be used if required ..ie suspension/injury ..GB brought in Kilgallon in as back up to Dann/Hanley who were first choice ..surely same would apply to Neill ..

MillHillRover
04-02-2014, 09:09 PM

Im presuming no one MH ..Neill would surely only be used if required ..ie suspension/injury ..GB brought in Kilgallon in as back up to Dann/Hanley who were first choice ..surely same would apply to Neill ..[/quote]

personally I'd sooner blood a young lad Howie unless we definitely have a chance of the playoffs

Howie5o
04-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Im presuming no one MH ..Neill would surely only be used if required ..ie suspension/injury ..GB brought in Kilgallon in as back up to Dann/Hanley who were first choice ..surely same would apply to Neill ..[/quote]

personally I'd sooner blood a young lad Howie unless we definitely have a chance of the playoffs[/quote]

So would i ..Neill 35 ? ..out of favour with his National side by all acounts ..?..the guy couldnt hold a place down with sides in the Middle East and no takers in the Australian league ..says it all really ..surely if he isnt getting game

DanRrr
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
unless we definitely have a chance of the playoffs

I'd guess we'd have a better chance of seeing games out with Neill if he's 50% the player that left Milly. Coupled with his experience to organise and give good advice on the pitch. But I agree that if this didn't lead to a play off spot, it would have been a total waste of time, that sets another player's career back.

Decisions eh?

AucklandRover
04-02-2014, 11:32 PM
I see that Tommy Spurr has sometimes played at centre-back in his career (and he's 1.86m./6'1"). I'd have thought we could consider using him in an emergency, rather than signing yet another past-his-best, former "star".
I'm with MHR on this, anyway; I'd rather see a youngster in the squad as cover, or Songo'o. Why add to the wage-bill for someone who's unlikely to be used, and probably turns like an oil-tanker by now?

joinerpat
05-02-2014, 10:00 AM
What have we got to lose by giving him a short term pay per play contract till end of season, we have some tough games ahead and could benefit from his experience, he knows it is his last chance to make the world cup,so therefor will be eager to impress, it would shove him right int shop window if he helped us reach play-offs.

DanRrr
05-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Ye, I think that's what I was trying to say Pat. It's possible he could deliver and be useful in the short term. But only as a mercenary. It will take away someone else's chance.

Possible pro's and definate cons from a footballing perspective.

But it's up to GB in the end. (I'm so glad I can type that last bit. Not up so Shabby, Agnew, SEM or any other parasites :) )

thairover
05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Will probably hinge on whether we can snare McCarthy from CPFC on loan or not.
Second choice back up I suppose on a 'I'll pay you to play' deal would be fine I guess. :)

blue_bruce
07-02-2014, 04:10 PM
What have we got to lose by giving him a short term pay per play contract till end of season, we have some tough games ahead and could benefit from his experience, he knows it is his last chance to make the world cup,so therefor will be eager to impress, it would shove him right int shop window if he helped us reach play-offs.

Our dignity, and the rare chance to blood youngsters. We supposedly have a couple of very promising young centre halves. Neill on the other hand is, by all accounts I've heard, well past it and seems very unlikely to offer us anything these youngsters can't. Bleat about experience if you want, but this is a player who was prone to red cards and conceding penalties at his prime. Now he is much slower he will only do it more.

I would sooner punch Neill than watch him play for us again. And I know that probably wouldn't end well for me!

Howie5o
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Our dignity, and the rare chance to blood youngsters. We supposedly have a couple of very promising young centre halves. Neill on the other hand is, by all accounts I've heard, well past it and seems very unlikely to offer us anything these youngsters can't. Bleat about experience if you want, but this is a player who was prone to red cards and conceding penalties at his prime. Now he is much slower he will only do it more.

I would sooner punch Neill than watch him play for us again. And I know that probably wouldn't end well for me![/quote]

XD XD XD...like i

champs95
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM

I would sooner punch Neill than watch him play for us again. And I know that probably wouldn't end well for me![/quote]

Maybe, maybe not

blue_bruce
08-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Brill, between the three of us we'd beat the crap outta him XD

bigmoon
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I would definitely give him a Chinese burn.

AucklandRover
09-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Bigmoon - I honestly read that as "Chinese bum". (It's an old eyes thing. :blue: )
I spent several minutes trying to picture what kind of torture this could be!

seventwo
09-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Bigmoon - I honestly read that as "Chinese bum". (It's an old eyes thing. :blue: )
I spent several minutes trying to picture what kind of torture this could be![/quote]

Yes, I was deep in fantasy land too.

Juninho
12-02-2014, 11:15 PM
he must be on cheap that why GB wants him.

Juninho
18-02-2014, 04:01 PM
he will not longer be signing for the club.

champs95
18-02-2014, 05:29 PM

Cheers. Just out of interest...when exactly is Holloway becoming Rovers manager? Im getting a bit cold now. Ive been sat outside Ewood for 5 months now waiting, as you told us all about your source (or was it sauce?) who told you he was without doubt he was our next manager. He was even seen at our training ground according to you.
All I want is to wish our new manager well. But like I say, its been a long 5months.

Hows Goody.getting on at Pool? Match made in heaven?

AucklandRover
19-02-2014, 05:51 AM

Bigmoon's Chinese bum torture was too much for him.

bigmoon
19-02-2014, 08:47 AM

Bigmoon's Chinese bum torture was too much for him.[/quote]

*Insert stereotypical Chinese related joke here...

bigmoon
19-02-2014, 08:48 AM

Cheers. Just out of interest...when exactly is Holloway becoming Rovers manager? Im getting a bit cold now. Ive been sat outside Ewood for 5 months now waiting, as you told us all about your source (or was it sauce?) who told you he was without doubt he was our next manager. He was even seen at our training ground according to you.
All I want is to wish our new manager well. But like I say, its been a long 5months.

Hows Goody.getting on at Pool? Match made in heaven?[/quote]

What Champs says Juninho, you fecking massive whopper! ;D

joinerpat
25-02-2014, 12:13 PM
So be it, Lucas is now bound for Watford, all of thee three that wanted to burn/bum him or give him a punch up the ooter will be doing cartwheels and revelling in joy.

But bear in mind we play Watford on the Tuesday night of March 25th, maybe we might have saved a few bob by not buying his expertise, Personally I hope he is shoite, but I hope he is not the nail in the coffin, in stopping us getting a play off slot.

I just hope Howie is right about him being too slow and past it, and he is the weakest link.

champs95
25-02-2014, 01:25 PM
So be it, Lucas is now bound for Watford, all of thee three that wanted to burn/bum him or give him a punch up the ooter will be doing cartwheels and revelling in joy.

But bear in mind we play Watford on the Tuesday night of March 25th, maybe we might have saved a few bob by not buying his expertise, Personally I hope he is shoite, but I hope he is not the nail in the coffin, in stopping us getting a play off slot.

I just hope Howie is right about him being too slow and past it, and he is the weakest link.

All this is good and well, and it's meaning young Hanley is flying under the radar. That's a few games and no goals conceded since he was made captain. Kilgalon is looking decent alongside him. If we did get an injury we can play Spurr at CB or maybe even the returning Corey Evans. We didn't Neil at all.

fylderover
25-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Lucas was a decent player for us but left under a cloud (as many do) so I'm glad we have not got him.

He would only ever have been cover & Hanley/Kilgallon look good to me.