PDA

View Full Version : KP...

lovedeanblue
04-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Has been informed that he is no longer in England's plans for the future. "The time is right to rebuild not only the team but also the team ethic" said Paul Downton the new ECB managing director. KP says "I will continue to play but deeply regret that it won't be for England"

kendaldaz
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
nothing better than seeing kp in full flight,dismissing top bowlers with some unbelievable shots only he could pull off,always been a fan of his,but all good things come to an end

lovedeanblue
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I agree with that. Bob Willis said he has disrupted every dressing room he has played in, apart from Surrey who he has hardly played for so far. Surrey meanwhile will be hoping the Oval is full come the t20s this summer. It will be interesting to see who we do pick come the Tests :O

pompeygun
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Will the bloodletting continue? Just a feeling but IMO this isn't over with regard to this tour. Gooch's place as batting coach must be in severe doubt as must the army of anaylists. Then there are still some players who may or may not call time or not be chosen.
Something went very badly wrong down under & it will come out eventually. Prior has already admitted the players didn't show Cook enough respect. I'm amazed that senior pro's like prior allowed that to happen tbh.

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
I just get the feeling that the latest tour was one too many for a lot of players who had achieved all they really wanted to in the game. They had all won in Australia before, they had beaten them in the summer too. England's best performer was Broad because he is still young, had not played a major part in the previous win down under and was getting a heap of abuse from the Aussies.

Yes KP has been a managerial headache, but so many players of his talent are. You find a way to manage them, play to their egos if need be but get the best out of them. The Aussies did that brilliantly with Warne.

Sad to see him go, he was a player who emptied bars and we have precious few of those in our history. However, all he really wants to do now (and perhaps all his body will really let him to be honest) is play for an assortment of T20 franchises. He'll enjoy himself.

Thanks for some fantastic memories Kev. The flamingo through mid wicket or the switch hit, shots that will always be you.

Southerndown
05-02-2014, 10:09 AM
...and perhaps all his body will really let him to be honest...

It's cricket you're talking about not rugby or boxing - a cucumber sandwich, a cup of tea and the occasional run up and down the wicket is hardly going to bring him to a standstill.
And he's only 33 years old btw, not exactly a battered old has been.

lovedeanblue
05-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Been thinking of paying good money for a couple of days at the Indian Test match over in the SO post code, Think I'll save it for my NSL ST next season instead, whatever league we are in :blue:

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Been thinking of paying good money for a couple of days at the Indian Test match over in the SO post code, Think I'll save it for my NSL ST next season instead, whatever league we are in :blue:

I have a ticket to the Friday of the Trent Bridge Test. I really don't fancy it now to be honest.

Club Championship for me the following day, I'm going to concentrate on that instead.

nonsuchmike
05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Doesn't KP live virtually next to the Oval nowadays?

If you look at the teams he has played for they have enjoyed a renaissance after he has left: Notts, Hants and now perhaps England, to but three.

Yes, he is a prodigious talent, but for every diva you effectively lose out on several potential masterpieces. Hampshire, with their competitive cricket nursery have encouraged far more players though the system in the last ten to fif**** years than I remember in the previous forty five.

Money can buy success if used wisely. The days of one cricketer making all the difference as it used to years ago have gone. The emphasis is now on team work and playing your part within the team and contributing something in every match, whether with the ball, in the field, behind the stumps or batting on the pitch.

Hampshire look to have a good mix; another year has passed, so there are few rookies, and those who have arrived from elsewhere are made to feel welcome and not inferior. Altogether go