PDA

View Full Version : Laudrup sacked

Les_bradds_lad
04-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Never saw this coming

Swansea City have sacked boss Michael Laudrup and put club captain Garry Monk in charge for Saturday's clash with arch-rivals Cardiff City.
The news came a day after chairman Huw Jenkins dismissed rumours that they had discussed Laudrup's future.
"It is a decision we have taken reluctantly," Jenkins told the club's website.
"But it's a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City football club and our supporters."
Rumours had been circulating about Laudrup's future since the Swans lost 2-0 at West Ham on Saturday.
Michael Laudrup factfile
Michael Laudrup
Born: 15 June 1964 in Frederiksberg, Denmark
International honours: 104 caps & 37 goals for Denmark
Managerial career: Denmark (assistant manager), Brondby, Getafe, Spartak Moscow, Real Mallorca, Swansea City
Playing career: KB, Brondby, Juventus, Lazio (loan), Barcelona, Real Madrid, Vissel Kobe, Ajax
Individual honours: Best foreign player in Spanish football the last 25 years (1999), Denmark's best pla

sammons_right_foot
04-02-2014, 09:32 PM
not too bothered, I dont know about anybody else but couldnt care less about him or Swans.

jocklatic
04-02-2014, 09:41 PM
WTF - Seems no manager is safe these days with ruthless chairmen abound. They're 12th in the league & still in Europe - admittedly 1 win , 3 draws & 6 loses in the last 10 games hasn't helped but he was the dogs b@llocks according to the media last season. Build them up to see them come crashing down springs to mind.
Could they possibly jump in for Brian McDermott if Leeds don't sort themselves out ???????

Les_bradds_lad
04-02-2014, 09:43 PM
I find it strange meself the way it's happened and it being the South Wales derby saturday as well

jocklatic
04-02-2014, 09:51 PM
I find it strange meself the way it's happened and it being the South Wales derby saturday as well

Sumats up Les , these chairman as ruthless as they may tend to always have something else brewing ;D ;D - a big enough brown bag n Harry 'deputy dawg' Redknapp would snap his hand off.;D

grumpster
04-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Sumats up Les , these chairman as ruthless as they may tend to always have something else brewing ;D ;D - a big enough brown bag n Harry 'deputy dawg' Redknapp would snap his hand off.;D[/quote]

mewer like thowd 'eggy pump' brewing XD

Les_bradds_lad
04-02-2014, 09:59 PM
They might employ Malkky Mackay the noo ex Cardiff boss that would upset both camps B)

WhoRYa
04-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Things haven't been good there since the back end of last season when Laudrup was making threats to leave via the media unless they backed him in the transfer market which they said they weren't gonna do but did in the end.
It obviously strained relations & things haven't gone great this season which have resulted in the board asking him to change his coaching team. He's refused so they've sacked him
Always seems to fall out with his bosses after a good initial start

Les_bradds_lad
04-02-2014, 10:10 PM
He will not be unemployed for to long I don't think

asb
05-02-2014, 10:57 AM
It was reported in the Daily Mail yesterday that they, the Swansea board want Graham Jones our man who was Roberto's number two at Swansea, Latics and now Everton.:D

BenandDad
05-02-2014, 12:18 PM
They wanted him last time round .If Jonesy was happy before he will be even happier now !
Great money very little hassle and no risk , whats the worst that can happen , if Roberto went on a shocking run he would probably get the job anyway .
Swansea not a chance .

(Probably appointed in the morning):D

WhoRYa
05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
I read that artilce in the Mirror yesterday & it didn't say that Jones' had turned them down last time coz he wa happy but that he'd turned them down because he didn't feel ready to take the step up.
Their insider had told them that Jones' had now said that he is ready