PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Smith

beardyarab
04-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Young lad went to school with him said he was quality in a kick aboot and that.

any thoughts on him?

Mr_Refhater
05-02-2014, 12:55 AM
He really impressed in the Monday night friendlies at Gayfield, but bewilderingly hasn't even made the subs bench???

smokie_bacon_crisps
05-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I was told he was injured but made a come back in the last Under 19 League game of the season two weeks ago and scored twice.

He scored a hat-trick in about 20 minutes against Arbroath Vics in the Urquart Cup and then came on against Dundee North End as a sub and scored twice.

SassenachSteve10
05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
The way I see it we have strikers who are scoring for fun albeit in the U19s. Dayle Robertson and Chris Scott took part and scored in the only game we have won this year, unheard of since, now Pat Smith scoring. We need to sort the DEFENCE out instead of signing on lone non-goal scoring so called strikers. What does SP do by the way ?

smokie_bacon_crisps
05-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I think that's highly unfair.

Lee Erwin got 8 goals in 11 starts.
Steven Doris got a goal on his debut then was injured early in the second game of his loan.
Leighton McIntosh scored on his debut on Saturday and looks a really good acquisition for the rest of the season.

It's not the loan strikers who need to find their shooting boots, it's our midfield.

The way the Under 19 team works is that they are all last seasons Under 17 team, so they are still learning, but have shown they are good enough when called upon.

SassenachSteve10
05-02-2014, 05:47 PM
And out of those games when those goals were being scored how many did we win ? We are bottom because we have let in more than anyone else. DEFENCE

AFC1320
05-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Totally agree s_b_c the loan strikers have done well and our youngsters need to be blended into our team, i.e. on the bench coming on for the last 20 mins etc and playing in friendlies as it is all a learning process, yes they done great against Stenny but in the main unfair to throw them into a struggling team like the game up at the Hedgetrimmers.
There is a huge leap from U'19's (bearing in mind most are only 16/17 years old) to the first team hence playing the friendlies on the Monday night is a good thing.
So bring them through with 1st team experience time here and there and don't thrust them in when we are struggling in case they loose their confidence.

SassenachSteve10
05-02-2014, 06:13 PM
If you're good enough you're old enough