PDA

View Full Version : Ban the drums petition...

Pompey_Gezz
05-02-2014, 05:34 PM
There is an online petition running on this subject , be good if everyone who wants them gone voted. - view external link (http://www.petitiononline.com/bandrums/petition.html)

BileysThere
05-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah ban em and everyone will start singing again.
Ban Westie too as it's his fault the atmosphere has been ruined.
How old are you? Do you not remember the late 80s or the 90s when he would never stop singing, blowing his out of tune trumpet, ringing that bell?
When others gave up he and his little crew got louder.
JPFCW :star:

philfridge
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Well we had quite an atmosphere prior to Westwoods lot in the 70's ...id be happy to sign the petition but you have to be a facebook member and i have no desire to be.

rossendaleareaclaret
05-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I suppose you've nothing worth singing about nowadays so drums for now folks

ForeverPompey
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
poor old Westie :( perhaps we could get him a loan transfer to Saints to the end of the season to see how we get on without him >;)

BileysThere
05-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Well we had quite an atmosphere prior to Westwoods lot in the 70's ...id be happy to sign the petition but you have to be a facebook member and i have no desire to be.

It pisses me off when younger ones think the passionate atmosphere started with the drum so you are right there phil. Facebook should be called Ar$ebook.

bluechimes
05-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Resurrecting this old chestnut then:D

Must be a Scully Silent South Stand led one

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Looks way out of date btw as reading the wording it seems to be referring to about 6 seasons ago when Westy & Co were indeed exiled to what became known as the Punch & Judy Hut in the corner of the Milton End.

What new songs btw ? :? :? :? :? .

I never hear any even when there is an opportunity for those who claim to want to start them and most of the younger element don't know the words of old ones that aren't sung anymore.

I seem to recall a couple of seasons ago Micah Hall and Dan Brett tried organizing a competition for those would be lyricists to come up with original words. Most examples ran to 3 verses with no chance of fans joining in

They then had a get together at the Victory Lounge for 'Choir Practice@ all 12 of them . It wasn't repeated such was the demand.

Anyway most fans of clubs who sing use the same songs with slightly different words i.e Red Army G

Pentridge
05-02-2014, 07:58 PM
So basically you're saying the atmosphere at fp is **** nowadays BC?

Cheers for confirming what we all thought.

ForeverPompey
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
i'd ban that woman that plays the trumpet ;D ;D ;D

BileysThere
05-02-2014, 08:01 PM
So basically you're saying the atmosphere at fp is **** nowadays BC?

Cheers for confirming what we all thought.

Come on pents you have to look on other teams boards to find atmosphere.

tamarblue
05-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Maybe we should remove the skins from the drums and give them a CD player Walkman thing and headphones with a cd of them drumming. They could then get the benefit of hearing themselves playing while drumming away on silent drums. We could also install headphones in the away end and insist that all away fans listen to the drumming during the match. We could also sell a copy of the cd to st fairies for them to play over the pa during matches to give the stadium at least a bit of atmosphere.

Pompey_Gezz
06-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Yeah ban em and everyone will start singing again.
Ban Westie too as it's his fault the atmosphere has been ruined.
How old are you? Do you not remember the late 80s or the 90s when he would never stop singing, blowing his out of tune trumpet, ringing that bell?
When others gave up he and his little crew got louder.
JPFCW :star:Been going since before Westwood was born, there was a terrific atmosphere long before he turned up, he and his little band of followers now dictate what's sung so ner ner ner bang bang bang it is.
If you're happy with that fair play to you.

Pompey_Gezz
06-02-2014, 07:58 AM

You don't need to be on facebook to sign it, that's just an option.
Agree about your sentiment though.

EnfieldBlue
06-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I fecking hate the drums. Irritating noise that is tantamount to saying we can't generate any volume without them. Grrr.

I don't mind Westwood's bugle and bell so much - there's a bit of idiosyncratic tradition there, innit? :D

bluechimes
09-02-2014, 07:53 PM

I agree :D :D XD XD XD

BC

:heart:

BileysThere
09-02-2014, 08:13 PM

I agree :D :D XD XD XD

BC

:heart:[/quote]

Banning anyone who shows more passion for the club than players would be a wrong.
Strumpets,bugles,bells and drums are all okay in my book.

BlueAdder
09-02-2014, 09:06 PM
So 130 fans have signed the petition. With regular gates of 15000 I'm sure the club will react to the pressure. Not. :D
Live with it. B)

Keith31
09-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Tell me Blueadder why should I live with it.

BlueAdder
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Seems to me you can
a) live with it
b) don't live with it
c) collect more signatures
d) anything else you can think of

Really your choice. :D

Are you taking all this sort of seriously? :? :?

bluekriss66
10-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't mind the drums,but sometimes they take over the singing.I'm all for them adding to the atmosphere but not hammering them to death to drown us out. Is it possible to do a half and half?...First half with second half without..then see what difference it makes.

Keith31
10-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Yes I do take it seriously and so do many others, only kids who have been supporters for the last 10 years want them. So why should I pay for a ticket to see my team play and have it ruined by some idiot bashing hell out of a drum for 90 minutes.

BlueAdder
11-02-2014, 08:46 AM
What I am saying (perhaps badly) is that if you can only attract 130 signatures from around 15000 fans then it would appear that the banners are in a minority. Maybe it is not, only youngsters that like it, but rather that only grumpy old gits like me that don't like it.
Whatever, but it is unlikely that the club will pay too much attention to a petition of 130 signatures. Being democratic I guess you need in excess of 7500 signatures, and I won't be holding my breath.
Just for the record I signed the petition, :blue: