PDA

View Full Version : A Lot of Positives From Last Night's Match

Romanis
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
This post may seem an anomaly. Some moaned that Forest did not perform to expectations, some even suggested it was a poor performance. And all seem to agree the better team lost.

I may lean towards the latter conclusion, but at the end of the day football is a game about goals, and the team that scores (or scores more) always wins. That's the bottom-line.

For all their possession, they only really got going around the hour mark. Then only did they really make our keeper work and forced us into a defensive bind. Yes they were unlucky, they hit the post, forced saves, had goal-line clearances and perhaps should have gotten a penalty.

But let's not forget an important point, had they scored they would not have necessarily gone on to win, they would only have drawn level, maybe with some momentum in their favour.

The onus was always on them to equalise and throughout we had the ace card. With a makeshift team, we decided to hold onto what we had away from home, and that's never a b

Trickytreesreds
06-02-2014, 09:57 AM
[
If we show the confidence and team spirit like we did yesterday, there's no reason why we can't bring our unbeaten run to 15 or 16 games[/quote]

Not unfair, though I still think you're being a tad too generous.

My concern, is that we have more patients than BUPA and cannot hold down a regular team.
It shows as well.

A good hiding is around the corner soon, unless 2 good loans come in.

Romanis
06-02-2014, 10:19 AM
[
If we show the confidence and team spirit like we did yesterday, there's no reason why we can't bring our unbeaten run to 15 or 16 games

Not unfair, though I still think you're being a tad too generous.

My concern, is that we have more patients than BUPA and cannot hold down a regular team.
It shows as well.

A good hiding is around the corner soon, unless 2 good loans come in.[/quote]

For sure we'll lose our unbeaten run eventually maybe even sooner, but we can and must go to Blackpool with the belief we can get a result. From yesterday's determination and team spirit, why not? They are not better than us overall.

dam617
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Lascelles had a months worth of defensive education from Kevin Davies last night.
He won't come up against an octopus in boots very often but he did well against one last night and should've learnt something.

nffc_lad_92
06-02-2014, 12:38 PM
the thing is there in league 1 and they made us look daft

moussi , harding are simply not good enough , they are liabilities
halford didnt look interested last night

the better team did lose, credit to the hard work but if that side comes out on saturday we will lose

dam617
06-02-2014, 01:05 PM
the thing is there in league 1 and they made us look daft

moussi , harding are simply not good enough , they are liabilities
halford didnt look interested last night

the better team did lose, credit to the hard work but if that side comes out on saturday we will lose

That side will not come out on Saturday.
With injuries, ineligible players and resting key members that was the best we could come up with and we won.
We had no attacking midfielders who were able to link defence with attack and had to defend and shut up shop.
Who looks daft? The team in the 5th round or the team who are out - whose manager is moaning about 'daylight robbery' despite us having a perfectly good goal disallowed and Preston lucky not to have been playing with ten men for most of the game?

ruddyforest
06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Would agree with most of what you said here, but personally I only thought Halford did ok - he lost his marker a few times and got beaten by their winger Holmes on a few occasions.

I think that Cox looked bright and deserved a goal - one of the times he was given offside was the wrong decision by the lino. He was level and scored and it should have counted.

Thought De Vries, Collins and Harding all did reasonable jobs and Lascelles was immense winning every header against Davies as they bombarded our goal with high balls in.

at the end of the day will the game be remembered for prestons hard work huffing and puffing or Graysons whingeing about decisions going against them. The record books will simply say :-

PNE 0-2 Forest and that will do me.

Bring on the Blunts!

ruddyforest
06-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Spot on dam617. very well said! :D