PDA

View Full Version : The team next year

Crewe313
06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
I know this is a little early but I am intrigued with who we will be left with in our squad and who we will bring in because I think there will be big change.

Players staying for definite: Garratt, Tootle (if no offer comes in), Davis, Guthrie, Ray, Inman, Osman, Turton, Pogba, Coco,

Players that may or may not: Mellor,Grant (high earner and early season problems), Philips (No regular football), Oliver (Has he done enough), Ellis, Dugdale,Clayton (his injury may mean that he has no better offers), Evans (may prefer a second season?)

Players who likely will leave (Nothing is ever definite and this is my opinion)- AJ, Moore, Aneke (won't want to do another season at this level is my hunch),

I think my point is there is likely to be a lot of upheaval and we tend not to bring in to many players. It will definitely be an interesting summer!!!

alexmick
06-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I reckon it all depends upon which league we are playing in. Drastic cuts will surely follow if we go down. At least they cannot put up admission prices following this season's showing, which ever league we are playing in. Can they?

DGFG
06-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I know this is a little early but I am intrigued with who we will be left with in our squad and who we will bring in because I think there will be big change.

Players staying for definite: Garratt, Tootle (if no offer comes in), Davis, Guthrie, Ray, Inman, Osman, Turton, Pogba, Coco,

Players that may or may not: Mellor,Grant (high earner and early season problems), Philips (No regular football), Oliver (Has he done enough), Ellis, Dugdale,Clayton (his injury may mean that he has no better offers), Evans (may prefer a second season?)

Players who likely will leave (Nothing is ever definite and this is my opinion)- AJ, Moore, Aneke (won't want to do another season at this level is my hunch),

I think my point is there is likely to be a lot of upheaval and we tend not to bring in to many players. It will definitely be an interesting summer!!!

See it completely differently I'm afraid:

Turton, Ray, Guthrie and Osman are all out of c

somersetcrewe
06-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Yeah, when you consider the likes of Audel, Oliver and Molyneaux compared to the likes of Inman (last year on loan), Aneke and Evans (and who knows, maybe Ikpeazu!), I'm inclined to think we are far better off continuing with our own Academy boys and we supplement them with season-long loans. Add to those the few that have been signed on and have actually done well, (Inman and now Grant), far more cost-effective I think for a club our size and on our budget.

Not a fan of loans in general but the way we used it last season with Inman and Aneke, and this season with Aneke, Evans and now Ikpeazu, these players have a much greater chance of becoming integrated into the Crewe way and allows for greater continuity.

Hoping that Waters, Nolan and Ray can really come to the fore next season because I believe all 3 are good enough from what I have seen.

ShropshireAlex
06-02-2014, 02:32 PM

See it completely differently I'm afraid:

Turto

Crewe313
06-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I think it is clear that who does go and stay, there will be a big upheavel. Will he bring in other players after the disappointment of the signings this year? Will we rely on loans? Relying on loan signings is risky. Fortunately the last two years we seem to have got it right, but many clubs have struggled and when the player knows that he will be returning to his own club come what may, it may mean some players attitude may not be as strong as our own.

As a Crewe fan I am always hopeful the young lads can step up but it is a lot of responsibility and it is important we have 3 or 4 strong senior players (who play week in week out) around them. I don't see that at the moment with our best player likely to not be with us next year.

I think next season come what may we will have a new look team.

DGFG
06-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Both Molyneaux and Audel signed for two years last summer, Shropshire.

Tend to agree that the most likely scenario currently is that they'll be paid up in the summer, however - Steve seems like he's often prepared to offer a player a second chance so that could change.

alexmick
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Both Molyneaux and Audel signed for two years last summer, Shropshire.

Tend to agree that the most likely scenario currently is that they'll be paid up in the summer, however - Steve seems like he's often prepared to offer a player a second chance so that could change.

Molyneaux did sign a two year agreement, although he was insistent that it was just a one year deal that he wanted. Obviously had ideas above his station and thought he would use the one year at the Alex as a springboard to better things. Pity that Steve Davis did not give him his wish, because if no-one wants this man in the summer, it will end up costing us to cancel his contract.

Fifty_Year_Fan
06-02-2014, 09:22 PM
For what its worth here is who I think will be here next season:

Definites-
Garrett, Phillips.
Davies, Ray, Dugdale,
Inman, Grant
Pogba, Oliver, Colclough

Probable new contracts-
Mellor, Guthrie, Ellis, Nolan, Waters (+ 3 or 4 accademy graduates)

Probably released-
Osman, Turton, and AJ.

Probably signed by other club-
Toots, Moore, Audel, Clayton, Molyneux, Evans, Aneke and Ikpeazu