PDA

View Full Version : Wes Fogden's Position

EnfieldBlue
06-02-2014, 03:44 PM
RB says he doesn't see him as a central midfielder, more of a winger. That sounds faintly ludicrous to me - he only looks like a central midfielder to me!

Maybe I need to see him play a bit more, but a winger? Can't see it.

He would certainly have brought some energy to the centre in Saturday's game. Where we were dire.

Thoughts anyone?

bluekite
06-02-2014, 06:13 PM
A quote lifted from a poster on the News website... not my quote I hasten to add as I am not certain of the accuracy. It was in response to the headline "Wes is not a central midfield option" RB sees him as a wide player

"Fogden, played for Bournemouth CM, played for H&W at CM, played for Brighton CM.

Says it all."

The poster was, needless to say. largely unimpressed with RB's tactical nouse !

I was puzzled why with his energy he didn't start on Saturday...RB said that he needed a break as he had run himself into the ground at Wycombe !!!!!(Only 3 full days rest!) I thought RB has said earlier he needed players who could play all games, and Wes appears to fit that particular bill.

midhurstblue
07-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I think he is best at CM.

Jim
07-02-2014, 06:36 PM
A Bournemouth fan tells me that Fogden rarely played in the centre for them and did his best work on the flanks cutting inside and providing crosses.

I expect Fogden may come back into the team tomorrow but out wide as Barker has hinted that Racon will partner Shorey in the centre tomorrow.

EnfieldBlue
08-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I read a couple of comments from the man himself that he played out wide and also right back for previous clubs. Surprising, as I just don't see him as the type of winger to take on a defender one-on-one. Mind you, Beckham couldn't do that either and he was a useful crosser of a ball! :D

I just think that at the moment, we could do with his energy centrally - whether as part of a 3-man centre midfield or off the front man.