PDA

View Full Version : Our year for the Cup,?????

clactonred
06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Played off the park last night and won 2-0.It reminds me of the year we won the Cup in 1959 Tooting and Mitchem winning 2-0 and we were saved by an og and a penalty.Do any old boys remember this game?

RedOno
06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Basie would but he's banned on here now. It seems that the long-standing Forest fans are not tolerated on here anymore.:/

Trickytreesreds
06-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Basie would but he's banned on here now. It seems that the long-standing Forest fans are not tolerated on here anymore.:/

http://i60.tinypic.com/ie02dt.gif

Give it a rest you sad ******* XD XD XD

Elite_Pie
06-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Just when you think Basie can't make himself look any more sad and pathetic, up he pops to prove you wrong.

Polish_ForestMad
06-02-2014, 07:41 PM
anyone would of thought he got banned for being old rather than a Muppet.
Are you good mates with basie?you seem to know how he feels and what he thinks?twins/brothers or are you imaginary friends?I think the later.

Elite_Pie
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM
The sad thing is that Basie could be a really good poster on here from your point of view. He's obviously a keen Forest fan of many years standing who is perfectly capable of making interesting and relevant posts about his and your club. Instead he always chooses to make himself the centre of attention. It doesn't matter if you agree with him or not, as long as it's about him. A sad person who should be pitied rather than vilified.

RedOno
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
And you and Tricky don't. I'd better shut up before the gruesome twosome engineer me off this board, which hopefully will become a decent site again.:s

Romanis
06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I don't know who's year it's gonna be, but basically you can't go far wrong from 1 of the big 4 left - Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea. In fact you have to go all the way back to that remarkable year - 1980, when a lower tier team actually won the competition, but back then the gap between 2nd and first tiers weren't so big.

I'm just happy we're in the 5th round after 6 years and would be elated if make the quarters for the first time in 18 years!

ruddyforest
06-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Whilst I agree that you can't look too much futher than Chelsea/Man City and Arsenal/Liverpool but lets not forget that as they all play each other, 2 of these WON'T make it to the quarters.

It only takes the winners of these 2 games to meet in the quarters and the path to wembley really would open up.

Like you Romanis, pleased to be in 5th round for first time since 2005 and lets see if we can get past the Blunts and reach a quarter final for the first time in ages.

Fawaz deserves some big prize money/tv money that we make in this campaign to reward him for his investments since he took over!!! :D

dazzared60
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Always enjoyed a good FA cup run. Its one of those competitions that can throw up the unexpected.
If we are to go out hopefully it will be against one of the big teams.

Our ultimate goal has to be promotion to the Premiership anything else is a bonus.

rodred
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
And if it is a big club that we play, let's hope we go for it rather than using the tactics that Calderwood used away to Chelsea a few years ago - scared to cross the half way line !!

Trickytreesreds
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
And if it is a big club that we play, let's hope we go for it rather than using the tactics that Calderwood used away to Chelsea a few years ago - scared to cross the half way line !!

Would some of this do? ;D - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcjED0JVxo)