PDA

View Full Version : Sleepwalking into relegation?

Fargone
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Has our Board and management been complacent? Cowdenbeath, in a similar but much better position in the league above, have been more active over the past month - raising funds and bringing in new players. Are we meekly sleepwalking to relegation? - view external link (www.arbroath-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/sleepwalking_into_relegation_823811/index.shtml)

Brizaldo
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
ID SAY YES.Our committees a joke

fatwull
06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
I think the chairman's been there too long, wish we could attract rich business people to get involved but maybe we are not attractive enough to lure a money man.
My opinion, bring on the insults...:P

ectolichtie
06-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I think the chairman's been there too long, wish we could attract rich business people to get involved but maybe we are not attractive enough to lure a money man.
My opinion, bring on the insults...:P

There are plenty of wealthy people in our area and none of them have shown any interest in investing in Arbroath FC in the past and you can take that right back to the time when we had a wealthy man as chairman and a wealthy man as vice-chairman, does not matter who is in charge it is unlikely that anyone is going to roll up with a truck load of money, we are what we are

Nonsmokingsmokie
09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
If you read the articles, the Cowden board took the initiative but tried to raise funds among the ordinary fans rather than some mythical local benefactor.

I think the management's been rather complacent. We only heard mention of difficulties a month or so back yet it's been clear that
- the combination of leakiest defence in the league
- the loss of Lee Erwin
- our inability to get a result from games against our relegation rivals

meant we've been in a relegation struggle since at least November.

Opportunities missed but haven't given up hope