PDA

View Full Version : West Ham & Carroll

harvey_7
07-02-2014, 08:45 AM
FFS hosw desperate are they, it shows how sh1t their squad really is now that they're going throught the courts to get Carroll's red card rescinded.

Is it just me or did he blatantly swing his arm in Chico's face - there's no case IMO!!

PapaLazarou
07-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Not just hoofers, hoofers who are completely and utterly reliant on one big lump up front.. :s

Is it just me or did he blatantly swing his arm in Chico's face..

It's not just you, Harv - it's many others, not least of all those who upheld the red card.

It was decided that Carroll showed intent by lashing out. The fact that he didn't land the blow was found to be irrelevant - violent conduct remains violent conduct..

Rather like assault doesn't need any physical contact whatsoever, contrary to the vehement assertions and whinings of some on here..

chief_wiggam
07-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Well I'd be pretty p!ssed off if Lambo or J.Rod was sent off for what Carroll did.

The cheating Spanish tw@t should have gone instead imo.

chiswickmart
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm with you Chief, it wasn't worthy of a red card. Webb just making sure he ticks all his boxes for Blatter & Co before embarking on a quest for another World Cup Final.

Having said that, once the Committee upheld the decision that should be that. Sets a nasty precedent. West Ham need to just get on with it, I fancy they'd do better in the next 3 games if they forgot about it instead of creating this farce.

BlueAdder
07-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Thought the red card was extremely harsh and was certainly worthy of an appeal. However if appeal fails that should be that. Going to court ridiculous!

Joffyw
07-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Got to say that i'm in the yellow card camp on this one but will certainly afford a snigger at West Hams expense.

By yelloe card card i actually mean for both players, Flores was all over Carroll but if yu watch this clip i think you'll see him also lash his arm back at Carroll at the same time... - view external link (http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/02/chico-flores-posts-his-own-video-defence-on-twitter-after-andy-carroll-red-card-row-4287329/)

chiswickmart
07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
This just gets more farcical. West Ham have removed the threat of legal action but the FA have said they'll refer it to yet another panel.

Lets hope they make the correct decision this time. About time Webb was made to look like the tit he really is.

K5054
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Thought the red card was extremely harsh and was certainly worthy of an appeal. However if appeal fails that should be that. Going to court ridiculous!

My thoughts exactly. The Spaniard made a real meal of it too.

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 09:10 PM
To paraphrase The Moose ...

If my wife gave me 10 pounds for lunch I wouldn't buy one sandwich, I would buy 10 sandwiches, but West Ham bought one sandwich and now he can't play.

XD