PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing Another Step Closer

ellafella
07-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Seems it's a runner with most Clubs. :s - view external link (http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=2927/title=football+league+clubs+say+yes+to+safe+standi ng)

triz
07-02-2014, 03:37 PM
hope the sports minister is sensible and allows this too happen

AngryRam
08-02-2014, 08:00 AM

As much as I would love this to happen the Hillsboro families won't support it and that alone will make it impossible to implement..
Too much of a political hot potato I'm afraid.
They just don't understand the technology has moved on and it is safer than the standing we have now..:blue:
>:(

southernram22
08-02-2014, 11:56 AM
well said angry I was going to reply Hillsborough but you have said my views.

Rob_the_Ram
08-02-2014, 01:26 PM
The only issue I see with Safe Standing as I see it is fairness to kids and shorter adults.

When I used to take my youngster to the Baseball Ground, we would deliberately go to the front so she could get a decent view. You paid to get in and could stand anywhere.
People could migrate to areas they were happy to get a balance between the atmosphere and their view of the action.

As I understand it, with Safe Standing, you still are actually allocated a rail seat and not in control therefore of who is in front of you. I always seem to get a giant!

Maybe I'm wrong and entry will be to unreserved areas - could anyone enlighten me?

As for the Hillsborough families opposing a move from all seater stadia, I can fully understand their views.
I do think however that based on the vast difference between old terraces and safe standing rail seats, their views should not prevent it happening.

I know of a family whose son died riding a moped. There sad experience leads them to believe mopeds sho

southernram22
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
I used to stand at baseball ground and not once did I feel in danger at any age.

AngryRam
08-02-2014, 04:27 PM
[quote="Rob_the_Ram"]The only issue I see with Safe Standing as I see it is fairness to kids and shorter adults.

When I used to take my youngster to the Baseball Ground, we would deliberately go to the front so she could get a decent view. You paid to get in and could stand anywhere.
People could migrate to areas they were happy to get a balance between the atmosphere and their view of the action.

As I understand it, with Safe Standing, you still are actually allocated a rail seat and not in control therefore of who is in front of you. I always seem to get a giant!

Maybe I'm wrong and entry will be to unreserved areas - could anyone enlighten me?

As for the Hillsborough families opposing a move from all seater stadia, I can fully understand their views.
I do think however that based on the vast difference between old terraces and safe standing rail seats, their views should not prevent it happening.

I know of a family whose son died riding a moped. Ther

Rob_the_Ram
08-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm good Angry. Hope you and Dan are too.

From what you say, seems like safe standing is basically being allocated a standing space allowing stewarding / policing to control any issues. What could be the objection to that.

Just seen Forest have conceded late - my Saturday has just become that little bit sweeter!

UpTheRams1884
08-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Just seen Forest have conceded late - my Saturday has just become that little bit sweeter! Same here. :D

swaledale
08-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Seeing as there is "safe" stabding at most grounds, especially in the away ends at the majority of prem and championship matches, one does wonder what the problem would be in allowing this - all seated may be the official line but go to game sor watch them on TV and its bloody obvious thats not the case!

triz
09-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Seeing as though in the places that they will be putting safe standing everyone will most likely be stood anyway so it's even safer standing. The retractable seats make it a much safer place to be when everyone is stood so this cuts the risk of any disasters. Hopefully this can be explained to the families

Rapid
10-02-2014, 12:53 PM

As much as I would love this to happen the Hillsboro families won't support it and that alone will make it impossible to implement..
Too much of a political hot potato I'm afraid.
They just don't understand the technology has moved on and it is safer than the standing we have now..:blue:
>:([/quote]

I wouldn't go as far as saying impossible angry.

I think first of all it's the football league making a lot of the progress. obviously the Hillsborough families' opinion will be heard but Liverpool as a club probably won't be able to muscle their stance into a football league issue like they would if it were the premier league.

with all due respect to the families, times change. we live in a world of political correctness and health & safety. people are paid a lot of money to figure out what's safe and what's not. big mistakes w