PDA

View Full Version : South Yorks football / South Yorks summary!

vespabri
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
I"ll try to sum all this nasty/lighthearted banter up..i may fail..i may not.

I"m a Rotherham fan, always have been since 76" alays will be.
Rotherham as a place has its rough parts but also has some nice areas.
Rotherham United are an improving side both on and off the pitch.

Now Sheffield, Sheffield has some rough parts yet some nice areas.
I beleive Wednesday will stay up, also think Sheff utd will stay up.

Now Barnsley, Barnsley has some rough parts,and also some nice parts.
I think Barnsley will go down.

Now Donny,(yes youve guessed it) Donny has some nice parts,yet some rough parts.
I reckon Donny will survive.

As for the respective fans..There are some nasty vile Millers fans..LIKE ALL CLUBS!!
There are EQUALLY some cracking Millers fans who are the salt of the earth.
SAME GOES FOR WEDS,BLADES,DONNY,BARNSLEY!!

As for the boring,long in the tooth arguement regarding who are the biggest club inbetween Blades/Weds..i reckon a comparison of Weds/Leeds would be a closer choice

braggyowl
07-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Nice post Bri but if you had posted it on your board it would have read...

As for the respective fans..There are some nasty vile Millers fans...LIKE ALL CLUBS!!
There are EQUALLY some cracking millers fans who are the salt of the earth.
SAME GOES FOR PIGS, BLADES, DONNY AND BARNSLEY!!

That's the difference!

Rotherhamowl10
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
I still think Barnsley may go on a bit of a run, impressed me at Hillsborough to be honest. I would prefer them to stay up as well - obviously not at our expense!

We should be safe, although I am fearing a heavy defeat against Reading due to us having no defenders :( I am sure Alf will get a couple and we shall see an influx of millers on here on Saturday...still, he's no Chris O'Grady!

Rotherham will make the play-offs, possibly get to the final and lose to whoever finishes 3rd. Again, wouldn't mind them joining us as I prefer a Yorkshire derby to Millwall away on a Tuesday night.

Doncaster - not sure, think Billy Sharp might just keep them up.

Finally, the pigs, would be absolutely hilarious if they went down and back to where they belong in the old fourth division under their billionaire owner...I think they will pull away though and be safe.

hmmm I would say Leeds are the bigger fan base due to them being a one team city and the size of the catchment area they have. They shoul

hirstyboywonder
07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]I still think Barnsley may go on a bit of a run, impressed me at Hillsborough to be honest. I would prefer them to stay up as well - obviously not at our expense!

We should be safe, although I am fearing a heavy defeat against Reading due to us having no defenders :( I am sure Alf will get a couple and we shall see an influx of millers on here on Saturday...still, he's no Chris O'Grady!

Rotherham will make the play-offs, possibly get to the final and lose to whoever finishes 3rd. Again, wouldn't mind them joining us as I prefer a Yorkshire derby to Millwall away on a Tuesday night.

Finally, the pigs, would be absolutely hilarious if they went down and back to where they belong in the old fourth division under their billionaire owner...I think they will pull away though and be safe.

hmmm I would say Leeds are the bigger fan base due to them being a one team city and

vespabri
07-02-2014, 08:24 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]I still think Barnsley may go on a bit of a run, impressed me at Hillsborough to be honest. I would prefer them to stay up as well - obviously not at our expense!

hmmm I would say Leeds are the bigger fan base due to them being a one team city and

aussieowl
07-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Fair enough OP.

Leeds are bigger than Wednesday though, with a larger fanbase, a bit like us they can pull in the big crowds when needed but overall they're a larger outfit, I can't see us getting regular 39,000 gates, not even in the prem, odd game here & there against the likes of Man Utd sure but I doubt the average would be anywhere near it.

We're bigger than the Blades BUT, not by much, maybe it's down to the fact we're older than them, I don't know & I really don't care, having a couple more thousand fans isn't and hasn't made any difference to the fortunes of Sheffield's clubs.

The thing that annoys me most about Rotherham fans, is the big noise they make about Rotherham Owls, without even knowing the background as to why a person might be an Owl from Rotherham they give em sh1t...it's a free country, people support who they want, let them get on with it.

mahatmafoot
11-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Aussie , you have always had a better record financially and honours wise than us, and a higher profile. Don't forget the last time we had a semi final win was 1935/36. This may make you think you're a bigger club. You're right, you'll never be a 40k club, and not really a 30k regular club.
Always remember Atkinson saying how the ground would be packed when you got promoted. Look what happened.
All I say is and most fans will agree that we are by far the loyalist fans in Sheffield. as for the Toytown fan, it's doubtful we would get 40k crowds in a ground that holds 32000. don't forget though we had a 98.5 5 capacity in our last relegation season.
Can remember as a kid being envious of your ground, team, and spending power, but there was never anyway I would ever support you.
Come on Mcnumpty, bannpig and the Pigsday, let's have some comment. ( or preferably phuck off.)

vespabri
11-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Hit a nerve have i smaller deedah??
Mind the gap and enjoy DagenhamXD XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Aussie , you have always had a better record financially and honours wise than us, and a higher profile. Don't forget the last time we had a semi final win was 1935/36. This may make you think you're a bigger club. You're right, you'll never be a 40k club, and not really a 30k regular club.
Always remember Atkinson saying how the ground would be packed when you got promoted. Look what happened.
All I say is and most fans will agree that we are by far the loyalist fans in Sheffield. as for the Toytown fan, it's doubtful we would get 40k crowds in a ground that holds 32000. don't forget though we had a 98.5 5 capacity in our last relegation season.
Can remember as a kid being envious of your ground, team, and spending power, but there was never anyway I would ever support you.
Come on Mcnumpty, bannpig and the Pigsday, let's have some comment. ( or preferably phuck off.)

Not sure how you can claim the tag of loyalist fans. Surely

helmut_rooster
11-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Loyal XD

£10 a ticket to a play off semi-final 201

braggyowl
11-02-2014, 02:26 PM
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
Get yer tin hat on now helmut when the piglet comes back with yet another bobar reply...XD XD

PeteWaller
12-02-2014, 06:30 PM

banno
12-02-2014, 08:55 PM
south yorkshire football = SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

PeteWaller
13-02-2014, 10:15 PM
south yorkshire football = SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Was but not now Banno, move over and make space for the new Massive