PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Thompson

DerryJungle
07-02-2014, 01:33 PM
It cannot be overstated enough, just how much this man and his family have done for our club.

His contribution and importance to Dundee United Football Club is on a par with Jim McLean, Jerry Kerr and his own father. I hope that in years to come, he'll be just as well thought of, and celebrated as these other great men, who've carried the torch for our great club are.

In a time where charlatans like Vladimir Romanov, Vincent Tan and many others take over football clubs purely for their own gain, we truly are lucky as feck to be blessed with someone as selfless and committed to the Club as Stephen Thompson.

Thanks ST.

arabian_ian
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Mr Thompson, I Thank You Sir.

Bald_Eagle
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
It cannot be overstated enough, just how much this man and his family have done for our club.

His contribution and importance to Dundee United Football Club is on a par with Jim McLean, Jerry Kerr and his own father. I hope that in years to come, he'll be just as well thought of, and celebrated as these other great men, who've carried the torch for our great club are.

In a time where charlatans like Vladimir Romanov, Vincent Tan and many others take over football clubs purely for their own gain, we truly are lucky as feck to be blessed with someone as selfless and committed to the Club as Stephen Thompson.

Thanks ST.

Eez auld man wid be pwoud, awfy awfy pwoud.

Brian_Laws
07-02-2014, 01:57 PM

Thanks ST.

Eez auld man wid be pwoud, awfy awfy pwoud.[/quote]

Agree with above but also feel Derek Robertson and the other board members should be applauded for their role in this...a team effort nae doubt

arabian_knight
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
He's a nice bloke ana. When I came oot the United shop this mornin, he was gettin oot his car. Even though Eh was dressed like a tinky, he still spoke and said "Good mornin".

blackandtangerine
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Mind thon poster dogma. Always slating Thompson on his gaming laptop lol. Wonder what he says about him now.

TangerineDream
07-02-2014, 05:28 PM
We have been very fortunate to have Steven Thompson as our chairman. He has done an excellent job in what have been difficult times for Scottish Fitba.

Cheers to him and his family. As stated above Eddie would be so proud of his son.

Hamishs_Tash
07-02-2014, 09:31 PM
We have been very fortunate to have Steven Thompson as our chairman. He has done an excellent job in what have been difficult times for Scottish Fitba.

Cheers to him and his family. As stated above Eddie would be so proud of his son.

You could at least get Stephen's right eh? :P

I'd go as far as saying he's the 2nd most important custodian of our club after Wee Jum, and it's a fecking close 2nd at that.
Brilliant effort that man and i hope that you get a big fat cheque at some point when the club sell a few players and you get some of the family money back.

NAREYETAL
07-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Thank you Stephen ; thats another pint im due you ;D

FACT

marradonna
07-02-2014, 10:03 PM
seeing as the like button doesn't seem to be working any more

smiler76
08-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Great news :D
A lot of hard work been going on in the background by the looks of it.
The work done by the chairman and the board, and the Thompson family since they took over the club can never be underestimated.
Eddie started the ball rolling and was a favourite with the fans, but credit where it is due.
Mr Stephen Thompson take a bow, job well done and I for one have the up most respect for yourself and what you have done for our beloved football club.

Thank you ;)

billymorgan
26-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Oyf ;)

RAM1971
26-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Oyf ;)

William, it's a small step from the limo to the gutter!

shedka
26-07-2018, 10:31 AM
This one is faf

I certainly don't forget the good that was done prior to Feb 2015

No time for revisionism

shedboy71
26-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Had to reread the dates as it fooled me lol!

What is a funster doing dredging that back up.

Happy days though

shedka
26-07-2018, 12:18 PM
That's true, he is bumping threads from a time we were
of a consistent level his club has never been in his or any of our
lifetimes and are a world away from right now

pleasing

_JohnGotti_
26-07-2018, 12:35 PM
They’ll be few embarrassed posters reading this
Bit like when they decided MR Motherwell was a bigger legend than Jim
Wonder if the mods will delete this thread to save the posters looking a bit silly like the one eh asked why MR Motherwell and no wee jim
Prolly get banned ana beh the tormented
Smert team smert fans

billymorgan
26-07-2018, 02:38 PM
That's true, he is bumping threads from a time we were
of a consistent level his club has never been in his or any of our
lifetimes and are a world away from right now

pleasing

Here's another belter which you partake in
Ho Ho Ho :D

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=36860425

Jim_Jam
26-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Just proves fans can be positive when they see good decisions and progression.
However when they see the opposite it is obvious they are going to b moaning.
ST has tried successfully to recoup his family's investment and has reduced our proud club to be worse than Dundee FC for the first time in 50 years.

shedka
26-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Here's another belter which you partake in
Ho Ho Ho :D

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=36860425

Love my answers then, exactly how I'd answer now

Pleasing that you'll never see your team at the levels we were during those years!

shedka
26-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Just proves fans can be positive when they see good decisions and progression.
However when they see the opposite it is obvious they are going to b moaning.
ST has tried successfully to recoup his family's investment and has reduced our proud club to be worse than Dundee FC for the first time in 50 years.

Makes it worse that the fun aren't any better, still shyte as per normal, just a bit less shyte than us

shedboy71
26-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Love my answers then, exactly how I'd answer now

Pleasing that you'll never see your team at the levels we were during those years!

Lol! Thats the spirit 2nd top of league or pish in the diddy league at least we are consistent

GUNBOAT
26-07-2018, 11:31 PM
I'm sure there are great read's next door on the wonderful years under the Marrs and Melville however i couldna be ersed sifting through years and years of shyte to find them.

cybershed
27-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Strange that even though we are in the worst state we have been in living memory. Yet, we can still attract more punters than the fun.

Mind you, probably a lot of masochists attracted to us right now. Hey, they're absolute shieght, and they even charge you money to watch them. Get me a season ticket quick. And punch me repeatedly in the pus please.

pertharab
27-07-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm sure there are great read's next door on the wonderful years under the Marrs and Melville however i couldna be ersed sifting through years and years of shyte to find them.

Exactly my thoughts. If a topic is not on the first page it is old news to me. I once tried to find a post only weeks old and quickly got fed up looking and forgot about it. They obviously have too much time on their hands.

Charlie arab
27-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Exactly my thoughts. If a topic is not on the first page it is old news to me. I once tried to find a post only weeks old and quickly got fed up looking and forgot about it. They obviously have too much time on their hands.

The difference is they are totally obsessed with Utd. It's that simple.

JamesMcClean
27-07-2018, 09:49 AM
The difference is they are totally obsessed with Utd. It's that simple.

Exactly. It's nothing to do about their own team and EVERYTHING to do about United.

offshore_arab83
27-07-2018, 11:37 AM

This, summer time, weathers tremendous and this dick is trawling back to 2014 ha ha, each to their own but deary me ha ha