PDA

View Full Version : National stadium relocation

rubic
07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Aye, when are the nations governing bodies and National stadium going to locate to it's rightfull home in Edinburgh.
The idea that Glasgow is our footballing centre is quite laughable. Considering the two biggest teams in Scotland are based there along with their baggage is embarrassing !!!!!
any thoughts for and against?

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 09:28 PM
What a strange and grammatically challenged post.

happytim
07-02-2014, 09:33 PM
ever tried to get a bite to eat in edinburgh city centre on a saturday afternoon.

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Aye, it's easy. Go into a place that sells food, order the food and then eat it.

Avoid Rose Street and all the other tourist hell-holes though.

rubic
07-02-2014, 09:47 PM
ever tried to get a bite to eat in edinburgh city centre on a saturday afternoon.

without being funny whats that got to do with it?

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Rev likes a bite to eat before a cup final, apparently.

:D

happytim
07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
was in edinburgh last november one saturday afternoon and couldnt find anywhere to get a bite to eat and drink.

every where was fekin chocca.

that situation would be a nightmare for football fans pre cupfinal.

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
That's because you're a f*cking idiot.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Edinburgh is a rugby city - anyone who has worked there will know that. The lawyers and accountants follow rugby, the oics follow Hibs and Hearts.

No place for a football national stadium.

happytim
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
edinburgh is full of weirdos.

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Says rev. :D

rubic
07-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Edinburgh is a rugby city - anyone who has worked there will know that. The lawyers and accountants follow rugby, the oics follow Hibs and Hearts.

Probably is, but it is the country capital and I would guess that hearts and hibs attract larger crowds than the local rugby club.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-02-2014, 11:11 PM

Probably is, but it is the country capital and I would guess that hearts and hibs attract larger crowds than the local rugby club.[/quote]

Not all countries play their home matches in the country's capital.

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 11:11 PM
No way, the rugby clubs here in Edinburgh get 15,000+ crowds at every home match.

happytim
07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
bet thier all starving during the game.

BertrandRussell
07-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Bet they arenae. Cos they dinnae go to obvious places to eat, like f*cking Tim muppets.

rubic
07-02-2014, 11:35 PM
15k + didn't think it would be anywhere near that. Clubs plural!
that's it then. Perth it is then X-D

CB_1874
08-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Instead of spending millions on polishing a shyte like Hampden, the new national stadium should have been built in Stirling.

Dullard
08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
was in edinburgh last november one saturday afternoon and couldnt find anywhere to get a bite to eat and drink.

every where was fekin chocca.

that situation would be a nightmare for football fans pre cupfinal.

67,000 expected at Murrayfield ramorra.

In light of your eggsperience I have decided to stay up all night making sandwiches to hand out in the city centre in a one man mission to put an end to this folk no finding anything to eat thing.

I do this not for personal gain but because I feel it is a noble and just cause.

Must dash :D

Rangersmandownunder
08-02-2014, 05:16 AM

Probably is, but it is the country capital and I would guess that hearts and hibs attract larger crowds than the local rugby club.[/quote]

It may well be the capital in, but Glasgow is renowned worldwide as Scotland's first and most important city, I know some of you may not like this but dems da facts.

Alternative_Poster
08-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Instead of spending millions on polishing a shyte like Hampden, the new national stadium should have been built in Stirling.

This.

hamster_hade
08-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Stirling for me, easily accessible from the six major cities and other areas. Slap bang in the middle of the country too.

Archiebaird
08-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Stirling is a great idea.

tartanscone1314
08-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Round about Linwood area was was going to be the first choice of a new Stadium .

CB_1874
08-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Round about Linwood area was was going to be the first choice of a new Stadium .

And Celtic's. Then it was Cambuslang.

rubic
08-02-2014, 09:34 AM

It may well be the capital in, but Glasgow is renowned worldwide as Scotland's first and most important city, I know some of you may not like this but dems da facts.[/quote]

Glasgow was and still is important but there is very little industry left now. Banking and financial services are our new shipbuilding and heavy engineering. (I'm not saying they are completely dead and it may come back round again in centuries to come)
Stirling is a good call, as long as they build a couple places for H

herewego10inarow
08-02-2014, 10:15 AM

It may well be the capital in, but Glasgow is renowned worldwide as Scotland's first and most important city, I know some of you may not like this but dems da facts.[/quote]

yeah you love Glasgow so much you fuvvked off to Australia XD XD

pwlp
08-02-2014, 11:11 AM

This.[/quote]

Correct. Hampden has one of the worst views in Scottish fitba and a crap atmosphere too. It's also entirely the wrong size. It's either too big or too small (an OF final would easily sell 100k, as would a massive Scotland game, an Aberdeen / St.Johnstone semi would't sell more than 30k absolute max).

They should either have got together with Scottish Rugby and built a joint facility at Stirling, with two (or more) tiers, so the top ones could be closed for smaller games and had all the sports science facilities etc, with it, or, not bothered, knock down old Hampden and use all the cash to build loads of all-weather facilities around the country so that our grassroots game gets a huge boost.

Rangersmandownunder
08-02-2014, 11:51 AM

yeah you love Glasgow so much you fuvvked off to Australia XD XD[/quote]

Where did I say I loved Glasgow?

manofsteel
08-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Aye move the national stadium 30 miles north to a footballing backwater, that'll make the game more attractive, Hampden is and always will be a special place.

CB_1874
08-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Aye move the national stadium 30 miles north to a footballing backwater, that'll make the game more attractive, Hampden is and always will be a special place.

Romantic bollox. It's not fit for purpose and doing it up was a complete waste of money.

mitherzundhand
08-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Stirling is a great idea.

Great idea. Right next to the Wallace monument. Then we can all shout FREEDOMMMMMMMM every time Scotland go on the attack.

BertrandRussell
08-02-2014, 05:12 PM
The main problem I have with Hampden is the comparison to the English, Welsh & Irish national stadiums. They should've knocked it down and started from scratch instead of trying to use the old bowl.