PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

dosser1
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
We were offered a player on loan till end of the season only for the agent to be told that we couldn't afford the wages even if they were only A?500 a week sign of hard times ahead I fear and even worse for next season .Also wondering if anybody is thinking along the same lines as myself that Shellic are only using Scottish football as a cash cow ,every season guaranteed champions league millions so the gulf gets bigger now dominating where cup finals will be played and taking cash for that .Maybe time the wee clubs grew a set off baws and kicked them oot the league

meister1991
08-02-2014, 02:29 PM
removing Celtic from the league would generate even less money. There wouldn't be more cash to go around only less. There would be less money pumped in to support our league, no question about it.

Additionally the clubs in Scotland would lose the regular opportunity to play against bigger clubs, bigger stadiums. So if ever in Europe etc the teams are even more likely to get pumped.

There certainly wouldn't be champions league positions, more likely a series of qualifiers.

All in all I can''t say the league would be any better.

Im not sure the gulf has got bigger, it's always been there. There has been a shocking decline since the early 80s and sadly I don't think theres an obvious way to improve.

numpty13
08-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Can't imagine why this would come as a surprise to anyone, to be honest, unless you've always thought the club was just kidding on whenever they say there's no more money for players.

And what else exactly do you expect Celtic to do? They can only beat what's put in front of them, if nobody else can compete there's not much they can do about that short of giving away some of their own money.

steviex
08-02-2014, 04:05 PM
removing Celtic from the league would generate even less money. There wouldn't be more cash to go around only less. There would be less money pumped in to support our league, no question about it.

Additionally the clubs in Scotland would lose the regular opportunity to play against bigger clubs, bigger stadiums. So if ever in Europe etc the teams are even more likely to get pumped.

There certainly wouldn't be champions league positions, more likely a series of qualifiers.

Im not sure the gulf has got bigger, it's always been there. There has been a shocking decline since the early 80s and sadly I don't think theres an obvious way to improve.

Why would anyone bother about CL positions with the OF in the league. All they'd ever see is getting papped out in qualifiers so where is the difference in a League with Celtic and a League without. Of course there would be less m

firparkloony
08-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Why would anyone bother about CL positions with the OF in the league. All they'd ever see is getting papped out in qualifiers so where is the difference in a League with Celtic and a Le

steviex
08-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Why would anyone bother about CL positions with the OF in the league. All they'd ever see is getting papped out in qualifiers so where

Wellup4it
08-02-2014, 09:32 PM
We were offered a player on loan till end of the season only for the agent to be told that we couldn't afford the wages even if they were only A?500 a week sign of hard times ahead I fear and even worse for next season.

To be honest I have no problem with this approach. Would you rather that we adopted the approach of clubs like Kilmarnock and Ross County who are spending money they don't have?

steviex
09-02-2014, 10:47 PM
We were offered a player on loan till end of the season only for the agent to be told that we couldn't afford the wages even if they were only A?500 a week sign of hard times ahead I fear and even worse for next season.

To be honest I have no problem with this approach. Would you rather that we adopted the approach of clubs like Kilmarnock and Ross County who are spending money they don't have?[/quote]

Yes if we were in the same position as RC or Killie they have to spend to avoid the drop and that cost will be cheaper than the financial ruin of the championship.

As we have a nothing season left we shouldnt spend buugger all.