PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread v Blackpool (A)

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Daviess an attacking line-up for a change:

Darlow

Fox, Hobbs, Halford, Lascelles

Jara, Reid, Mackie, Moussi

Cox, Djebbour

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Some options on the bench too - Hendo, Pato, Derbyshire and Majewski. Defense - Collins, Harding.

Taking a bit of a risk might well pay off for Davies.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:07 PM
In the early games, Liverpool run riot thrashing Arsenal 5-1 while Leeds despite their off field issues secure a 2-1 win at Yowvil!

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Blackpool are adopting a somewhat strange formation 3-5-1-1. They believe packing the midfield will curtail our 4-4-2 formation.

Unfortunately there appears no streams or rivers today, so I guess I'll be camping here amusing myself! XD XD

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Elsewhere the leaders are a goal down to Watford whilst struggling Barnsley are ahead in their match with Dipswitch.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:35 PM
6th placed Reading are also behind to Weds. The Tangerines are shading possession at this stage.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Watford again take a 2 goal lead, but Leicester pull 1 back quickly. Still 1-1 at Burnley, Barnsley leading Ipswich 1-0 and Weds lead by the same score over Reading

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes, on the stroke of half-time, Lascelles scores.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 03:55 PM
1 nil up at HT. Elsewhere Burnley also get a goal they are 2-1 ahead, while Leicester, Ipswich and Reading all trail.

Come on Billy urge the guys to go for it and kill them off. They obviously have to abandon their stifling tactics now that they trail, that could open a way in for us to get another.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
An hour gone and we still lead, as do Burnley while Leicester and Reading trail.

Chelsea cruising over Newcastle but City are still unable to break Norwich down.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Mackie and Djebbour off with Hendo and Pato replacing them. Davies is refusing to defend to the death, a novel approach by his standards.

Romanis
08-02-2014, 04:40 PM
12 to go. Leicester still behind while Reading and Ipswich trail by 2. Burnley look comfortable.

In the Prem, Norwich are still holding City, but Pullis is working his magic at Palace as they now lead WBA 3-1

Romanis
08-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Debyshire on for Cox with 10 to play, come on Matt score a screamer!

Romanis
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Keogh pops up to equalise late on, while Leicester also grab an equaliser. Although at start of play I would have been satisfied with a point, this result means the gap between us and 2nd place is once again 5 points.

Of course it's still very possible but seriously we should be focused on picking up as many points to secure the play-off spot and take it from there.

Obviously if we can win at Huddersfield it will negate the 2 dropped points here, but that remains an IF.

Bourne1865
08-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Absolutely rubbish. 1 shot at goal in the 2nd half. What is going on? Lets hope Abdoun ain't out for too long, because without Lansbury we are gonna struggle big time. If we can't get the ball to our strikers, what hope have we got. We should have done Blackpool easy. The last match Against PNE was a sign of what's to come and we've continued it today. We need a new midfielder fast on the last two showing. I'm so pi**ed off now. Conceding like we did with minutes to go isn't good enough!

45red
08-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Absolutely rubbish. 1 shot at goal in the 2nd half. What is going on? Lets hope Abdoun ain't out for too long, because without Lansbury we are gonna struggle big time. If we can't get the ball to our strikers, what hope have we got. We should have done Blackpool easy. The last match Against PNE was a sign of what's to come and we've continued it today. We need a new midfielder fast on the last two showing. I'm so pi**ed off now. Conceding like we did with minutes to go isn't good enough!

Prat

Romanis
08-02-2014, 05:14 PM

I think the problem is the way we're set up. we just refuse to shoot on sight preferring to take an extra touch or cross in order to be in an even better position.

I think he needs to have either Pato or Abdoun on or both, although Abdoun wasn't available today. Reid cannot be expected to create everything on his own. Having Pato's pace and Abdoun's trickery allows Mackie to be more penetrating.

Still with Reading and Ipswich losing, our play-o

Romanis
08-02-2014, 05:24 PM
They always seem to be a team with the Indian Sign over us. For some reason we just seem to have a hard time beating them in recent years, although we did get 1 in 2011, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

Let's just hope we don't have to play them next season.

Sma11ytheRam
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM

I doubt Blackpool will get relegated. They're 10 points clear!

Trickytreesreds
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM

I doubt Blackpool will get relegated. They're 10 points clear![/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sarcasm, :O

We'll see if you're so jovial next Monday, >;)

Romanis
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM

I doubt Blackpool will get relegated. They're 10 points clear![/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sarcasm, :O

We'll see if you're so jovial next Monday, >;)[/quote]

If he finds an unattended ewe anywhere or by the side of the road, he'd be jovial the whole month, no matter how many the Hoops score! >;) >;) XD

Bourne1865
08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
No, 45Red you are. That means you haven't got a clue what you're saying!You happy drawing are you? I'm entitled to be passionate about my club. Stick your thoughts up your Blackpool!.

45red
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
No, 45Red you are. That means you haven't got a clue what you're saying!You happy drawing are you? I'm entitled to be passionate about my club. Stick your thoughts up your Blackpool!.

Define your passion ?

Your a prat.

Trickytreesreds
08-02-2014, 11:15 PM

Define your passion ?

Your a prat.[/quote]

You're* >>>>>>>>>>>>> running

Romanis
08-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Come Tricky, you need to explain in detail what true passion is really all about!:D

Bourne1865
08-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Define your passion ?

Your a prat.[/quote]

Again you've just proved you are. It's a shame we have fans like you supporting our great club. To come out with a comment like that without even being adult about my original post, just shows that you are the very thing you claim I am when I'm not. To resort to being rude and obnoxious is what makes you the prat in all honesty. When you've grown up come back and see me, otherwise go back to the rock you crawled out from under!