PDA

View Full Version : wee Rovers cup dream rolls on.

skippy91
08-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Stevie Kirk`s midas touch in the Scottish Cup continues... Well done (we certainly were) to the Wee Rovers... it should have been us..ffs it still hurts to even think about it.. >:( :blue:

sieb1886
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Should not have been us - we were rank against the Wee Rovers. And, to be honest, I wish them all the best ...

Wellup4it
09-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Outside of our European games, Rovers put up possibly the best defensive display against us that I've witnessed in many, many years. It was an absolute masterclass in how to protect your goalie against a far superior team on paper. They left nothing to chance and their keeper was given total and full protection at all times.

That said, we were very poor and were unlucky with injuries.

skippy91
09-02-2014, 09:33 AM
"Should have been us" was said tongue in cheek. Your right, on the day we got exactly what we deserved..SFA. prior to the match it should have been a formality...bye into the next round ..going over all ground again here, but be it down to team selection, tactics, players attitudes on the day,etc but we should have swept-a-side a team of Rover`s quality..It should still have been us in the cup, no excuses. Still greetin boohoo. Aye wish Albion Rovers all the best in the draw, hope they get a cracker.. maybe they will give us a loan if they get a plum tie.

Wellup4it
09-02-2014, 09:39 AM
We could learn so much from their game plan and it would make defending leads a lot easier.

One fast guy playing just inside his own half, a bank of 4/5 midfielders supported by one of 4/5 defenders, strung out across the park. Big defenders. No opposition players in possession allowed within 40 yards of goal; no silly free kicks; and no avoidable corners conceded.

firparkloony
09-02-2014, 02:50 PM
[quote="skippy91" was said tongue in cheek. Your right, on the day we got exactly what we deserved..SFA. prior to the match it should have been a formality...bye into the next round ..going over all ground again here, but be it down to team selection, tactics, players attitudes on the day,etc but we should have swept-a-side a team of Rover`s quality..It should still have been us in the cup, no excuses. Still greetin boohoo. Aye wish Albion Rovers all the best in the draw, hope they get a cracker.. maybe they will give us a loan if they get a plum tie.[/quote]

The BNB's from ibrox...is that plumb enough?

steviex
09-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Outside of our European games, Rovers put up possibly the best defensive display against us that I've witnessed in many, many years. It was an absolute masterclass in how to protect your goalie against a far superior team on paper. They left nothing to chance and their keeper was given total and full protection at all times.

That said, we were very poor and were unlucky with injuries.

You must be taking the p1ss I've lost count the number of teams over the years who come to Fir Park put every man behind the ball and we haven't got a clue how to deal with it. Rovers employed a tactic that many teams have used against us to great effect.

Rovers did nothing special we were just completely inept. Take nowt away from them they had us in the bag 20 mins in. We failed to beat Rovers through our shortcomings more than anything else.

Wellup4it
10-02-2014, 07:37 AM
You must be taking the p1ss I've lost count the number of teams over the years who come to Fir Park put every man behind the ball and we haven't got a clue how to deal with it. Rovers employed a tactic that many teams have used against us to great effect.

Rovers did nothing special we were just completely inept. Take nowt away from them they had us in the bag 20 mins in. We failed to beat Rovers through our shortcomings more than anything else.

I beg to differ. Yes, we were inept, and yes we've struggled against teams who defend in depth but it was the manner of the defeat that was so demoralising.

Unlike when we try to defend, Rovers defended high up the park and we struggled to get within 40 yards of their goal before we were closed down. Their keeper had virtually nothing to do. We rarely got free kicks or corners and any time we had the ball and looked like threatening we were immediately closed down.

When we try to d

steviex
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM

I beg to differ. Yes, we were inept, and yes we've struggled against teams who defend in depth but it was the manner of the defeat that was so demoralising.

Unlike when we try to defend, Rovers defended high up the park and we struggled to get within 40 yards of their goal before we were closed down. Their keeper had virtually nothing to do. We rarely got free kicks or corners and any time we had the ball and looked like threatening we we