PDA

View Full Version : The All new On The day Other, Other, OIther Matches Thread

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Started this ready for tomorrow to get away from that damn "cannot reply" bullcrap. We can start a new one every day as needed.

wolves71
08-02-2014, 08:47 PM
The two games tomorrow, Spurs v Everton and Man.Utd v Fulham should see a few goals, i hope so anyway :)

Woking88
08-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Woody, you could play them at their own game and just not reply to anything! ;D >;) :O

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Woody, you could play them at their own game and just not reply to anything! ;D >;) :O

Why didn't I think of that!XD

wolves71
09-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Everton has started the better of the two sides at white Hart Lane, Osman has had four decent chances in the opening eight minutes.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Everton the better side in the first half, both Baines and Colenan getting forward on numerous occasions. Osman and Mirallas causing no end of problems. Spurs only had two chances of note, Eriksen free-kick that only just went over the bar and a ball in from the left from Danny Rose, but Adebayor only just failed to get on the end of it. Enjoyable for the neutral.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Goals that count and Adebayor makes it 1-0 Spurs, a good ball to the Spurs forward from Walker, showed his strength and beats Howard down to his right.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Only the one goal in the game but enjoyable all the same. As soon as Everton took off Pienaar the game opened up. Adebayor has come to life again and fair play to Sherwood for sticking with him.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
0-1 Fulham, Holtby floated ball and Sidewll gets on the end of it.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Fulham should be 0-2 up, Richardson puts his effort high over the bar after he was played in by Tankoviv, Man.Utd caught out by Fulham's counter attack.

MichiganWolf
09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
This would be a huge win for Fulham. United, situation keeps getting worse and worse. Who would have thought that 2/3 through the season that they'd be just as close to the drop zone as they are to the top of the table?

wolves71
09-02-2014, 05:01 PM
This would be a huge win for Fulham. United, situation keeps getting worse and worse. Who would have thought that 2/3 through the season that they'd be just as close to the drop zone as they are to the top of the table?

I would have laughed at you if at the start of the season this would be the case now, but Fergie retiring, Moyes coming in and the old guard near to the exit door haven't helped. Moyes did well and was good for Everton, but anyone coming in replacing Fergie is a big act to follow. Teams aren't afraid to play Man.Utd anymore, Old Trafford used to be a Fortress, but it's not anymore.

WOODLANDSWOLF
09-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Managed to get on line on the plane from Edmonton. Dosen't look like I can stream the game though. Pi$$er!:blue:

Still, great result so far!

wolves71
09-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Managed to get on line on the plane from Edmonton. Dosen't look like I can stream the game though. Pi$$er!:blue:

Virtually one way traffic throughout woody in favour of Man.Utd but can't get the ball past Stekelenburg in the Fulham goal.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Man.Utd have turned the game around now 2-1 up, Van Persie from inside the six yard box and Carrick curling effort on the edge of the Fulham 18 yard area.

WOODLANDSWOLF
09-02-2014, 05:40 PM

Virtually one way traffic throughout woody in favour of Man.Utd but can't get the ball past Stekelenburg in the Fulham goal.[/quote]

Equalizer! Should have kept my nose out of it!:( :-(

WOODLANDSWOLF
09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Man.Utd have turned the game around now 2-1 up, Van Persie from inside the six yard box and Carrick curling effort on the edge of the Fulham 18 yard area.

Barstewards, Baarstewards, Barstewards!!!>:( >:-(

MichiganWolf
09-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Wow. What a finish at Old Trafford! United fans are used to being on the other end of comebacks and late goals. Must be gutted now that the show is on the other foot! But that's been the story all season.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Barstewards, Baarstewards, Barstewards!!!>:( >:-([/quote]

All square now, Darren Bent heads in after De Gea's save from Richardson falls to Darren Bent, you can hear a pin drop now ;D

WOODLANDSWOLF
09-02-2014, 05:57 PM
A Fulham equalizer in Fergie time.XD X-D

You couldn't bloody make it up could you. Just hope I can catch the highlights from this game on the TV at home tonight.

Can't wait to get onto the Red Cafe site either for a few laughs. Bloody love it.

MichiganWolf
09-02-2014, 06:01 PM

I would have laughed at you if at the start of the season this would be the case now, but Fergie retiring, Moyes coming in and the old guard near to the exit door haven't helped. Moyes did well and was good for Everton, but anyone coming in replacing Fergie is a big act to follow. Teams aren't afraid to play Man.Utd anymore, Old Trafford used to be a Fortress, but it's not anymore.[/quote]

Hard to follow a legend, let alone the most decorated manager in English history.

WOODLANDSWOLF
09-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Quote from the match thread on the "Red Cafe".

"don't try and tell me there were 5 mins worth of injury time lol. Crazy."

XD X-D XD X-D

Oh dear, my aching sides, I don't think I can take much more of this!

Who are the b uggers playing next week. Can't freaking wait.

wolves71
09-02-2014, 06:13 PM

I would have laughed at you if at the start of the season this would be the case now, but Fergie retiring, Moyes coming in and the old guard near to the exit door haven't helped. Moyes did well and was good for Everton, but anyone coming in replacing Fergie is a big act to follow. Teams aren't afraid to play Man.Utd anymore, Old Trafford used to be a Fortress, but it's not anymore.[/quote]

Hard to follow a legend, let alone the most decorated manager in English history.[/quote]

Exactly, even Fergie had a difficult start, but looking back to then and to how he finished up and his trophy haul, he is one hell of a man

MichiganWolf
09-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Exactly, even Fergie had a difficult start, but looking back to then and to how he finished up and his trophy haul, he is one hell of a man to replace.

Odd thing is, if Fergie's first few seasons were replicated today, he probably wouldn't have made it past his first three seasons at Old Trafford. In the 5 seasons prior to his arrival, United finished in the top 4 every season, won two FA Cups, second in the League Cup and won a Charity Sheild. He finished 11th twice in his first three seasons, sanchwiched around a 2nd place finish, and only had one lengthy cup run (6th round) in that span. Don't know if they'll have the same patience with Moyes!

wolves71
10-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Exactly, even Fergie had a difficult start, but looking back to then and to how he finished up and his trophy haul, he is one hell of a man to replace.

Odd thing is, if Fergie's first few seasons were replicated today, he probably wouldn't have made it past his first three seasons at Old Trafford. In the 5 seasons prior to his arrival, United finished in the top 4 every season, won two FA Cups, second in the League Cup and won a Charity Sheild. He finished 11th twice in his first three seasons, sanchwiched around a 2nd place finish, and only had one lengthy cup run (6th round) in that span. Don't know if they'll have the same patience with Moyes![/quote]

Since Fergie's early days, premier league was set up, Sky Sports and the media have a big say in the game. I think Moyes will see out this season, but next season will be where he's really judged.

wolves71
10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Just about to watch Derby v QPR, Doyle again starts up top and alongside Andy Johnson.

wolves71
10-02-2014, 08:10 PM
1-0 Derby, Eustace header after poor punch away from Rob Green. Bamford should really have scored in the opening minute for Derby when clear on goal, but took too long waiting for the ball to drop.

wolves71
10-02-2014, 08:19 PM
A bit of a battle between Barton and Chris Martin, at least two confrontations so far :)

wolves71
10-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Rob Green lucky not to suffer a Peter Enckelman moment, back pass to him and virtually misses it and almost goes in. Not really seen a lot of Doyle in the first half, a few flick ons and holding the ball up, virtually living off scraps.

wolves71
10-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Finished 1-0 Derby, a battle and half at times with Barton involved in every bit of controversy. Who'd be a ref at times with Barton in his ear all the time.