PDA

View Full Version : The wolf at the door

dsmg
08-02-2014, 08:01 PM
If the teams below us win their games in hand we will be in the relegation zone. Frightening! I just knew we were gonna concede at the death again.Anyone see any cause for optimism? :s

17thMay08
08-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Plenty of optimism from me, if we work that hard as a team & press the opposition like we did today we'll end up mid table. The commitment from the team today was commendable & they didn't deserve that at the end

jon6_1999
08-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Optimistic that we wont go down. Frustrated that we are making such hard work of things.

I wish we would be a bit braver as a team and finish these games off by getting a second. You have to be a bit special to rely on winning games 1-0. Which we are clearly nowhere near.

The only time in my life time that we have looked comfortable at 1-0 is when we had James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidesson and diarra in front of them.

Still, sounds like we did a bit more today, and if Taylor or Holmes had found the net, we would be celebrating a much needed win tonight.

Still a bit concerned the players arent giving everything thats needed to win. Remember the likes of De Zeuuw and Stefanovic (limited players at that level) throwing themselves in front of everything to get a win.

17thMay08
08-02-2014, 10:00 PM
I can't think of one player who didn't give everything they've got today, it's no consolation, but they didn't deserve their deflected equaliser

Pompey_Gezz
09-02-2014, 09:30 AM
We played them off the pitch and were unlucky not to score another two or three, why would anyone think so negatively.

17thMay08
09-02-2014, 09:43 AM
PG, you're spot on & I didn't speak to anyone after the game who didn't think the same. However, there seems to be an undercurrent of Pompey supporters who are hell bent on destabilising anything & everything, including the ownership, all of which I find incredible. I'm even at the point where I'm desperate for Pompey to do well, just to to stick it to the trigger happy critics

gosport
09-02-2014, 10:15 AM
I also think we played well yesterday and should have won . the teams below might have games in hand but a lot of them are against each other . still not sure if we will stay up thou 50/50 I reckon

simondenmead
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Its great to hear such upbeat reports from people who are actually at the games. I don't count myself in that group. When I sit here on Sky Sports watching for very slow live updates and we are winning 1-0 then you see 90+4 equaliser you think ah f uck. But then to read that everyone gave 100% it seems like we should be fine.

PUP!

kernow
09-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Don't agree that you played them off the pitch but do agree that everyone in a blue shirt was energetic and well motivated.
Relegation ? Not on that performance.

Corkhead
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
The weather suited Stoke better than us.

Oh dear. The Champions League spot is in jeopardy because of a bit of wind and rain.

philfridge
09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Wasn't at match but have heard rumours Bradley was attacked by a frustrated supporter at the end of the game...anyone clarify that?

pompey_smell
09-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Good morning from your favourite Saints fan!

There are loads of reasons for optimism, stay positive!

The result wasn't a loss. Yes, it could have been a win, maybe, but it wasn't a loss.

You aren't in the relegation zone yet. Whilst there's a chance you might be there's also a chance that you won't.

If the club does get relegated you'll still be around to fight another day. Roll back a short time and it looked like you were going to cease to exist altogether.

More relegations mean there are more future promotions to look forward to!

If you do get relegated, well, at least a season ticket will be cheaper!

Lastly, you are Pompey fans! You have always soldiered on, even when things look bleak. Heads up guys and keep the faith!

PompeyScarf
09-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Its great to hear such upbeat reports from people who are actually at the games. I don't count myself in that group. When I sit here on Sky Sports watching for very slow live updates and we are winning 1-0 then you see 90+4 equaliser you think ah f uck. But then to read that everyone gave 100% it seems like we should be fine.

PUP!

Agreed. Followed on The News commentary and it sounded ten times better than Torquay. Shame we have to wait 6 days until the next game.

pompeygun
09-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Tks for all the reports, especially from kernow. A true football fan-nice one Mate.

SouthseaBubble
09-02-2014, 01:53 PM
No way will Pompey go down

Northampton are gone and there is at least one team worse than Pompey.

Mid table finish IMO

jon6_1999
09-02-2014, 02:03 PM
I can't think of one player who didn't give everything they've got today, it's no consolation, but they didn't deserve their deflected equaliser

Didn't go to the game, but Alan Knight said in real time (twice), youve got to go with the runners. The runner - equalised!

That's the difference between 1 and 3 points, and that is the giving everything to win a game we need to find.

Tough on us yesterday, and much improvement on last week, when we struggled to find 3 players who gave everything.

Jim
09-02-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here and say we were no way "miles better" than Exeter.

Carson kept us in it in the first half with a couple of great saves, especially that second one where their player was yards out and nailed on to score.

In the second half Taylor might have had that chance but apart from that there wasn't too much to get excited about from our point of view. Exeter had better chances than we did.

Barker is to blame for the "sit on this lead" mentality to a degree but does he really have the players at his disposal to create an effective counter-attacking side? Probably not, so it's his job to go and sign one or two players that can play the way he wants his team to.

It wasn't all negative and I still think we'll survive but it won't be comfortable and fans frustrations are starting to boil over. I don't want to think about the fallout should we lose to Wimbledon next week.

17thMay08
09-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I disagree with that Jim, until the last 10 mins, when Exeter lumped everything into our box, I thought we totally controlled the 2nd half, and I certainly wouldn't blame Barker for our forwards not converting their chances or not getting into goal scoring positions. But there you go, it's all about opinions.

Jim
09-02-2014, 03:31 PM
The second half maybe but the first half Exeter had a couple of great chances, and that Chorley backpass too.

It's definitely a game that has split opinion more than most this season. Might be down to the view, the away end at Exeter is worse than anything at Havant & Waterlooville and that is no exaggeration.

kendaldaz
09-02-2014, 03:42 PM
everyone,throughout the club needs to stick together and back each other,nobody said it was going to be easy after the club was saved,but slagging the ownership,players and so on won't help anyone,its frustrating as hell tossing points away,but im positive it hurts the manager and players as much as us fans,as the saying goes were all in this together and need each other,so come on and PLAY UP POMPEY