PDA

View Full Version : MOM AWARD

nithvalley
08-02-2014, 08:23 PM
McKenna, surely not !

Why was he not subbed immediately he was booked ?

Northfield53
08-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Why sub him when he gets booked.
If you did that he would never finish a game.
He is a important player for us that we missed when he was out with injury.

BIGGEORGE
08-02-2014, 09:00 PM
McKenna, surely not !

I agree I personally would not have given the MOM to McKenna but it is about opinions and the people who are making the decision are not necessary all regular football fans but people who are sponsoring the club. Also most of the people who sponsor the matches enter the shirt draw, have an advertising hoarding, buy halftime raffle tickets and buy tickets for the bottle of whisky.

Mustafa_Sheet
08-02-2014, 09:45 PM
McKenna, surely not !

I agree I personally would not have given the MOM to McKenna but it is about opinions and the people who are making the decision are not necessary all regular football fans but people who are sponsoring the club. Also most of the people who sponsor the matches enter the shirt draw, have an advertising hoarding, buy halftime raffle tickets and buy tickets for the bottle of whisky.[/quote]

A woosh moment I suspect!!

fatfan
09-02-2014, 03:30 PM
NV I dont know where you are coming from with that comment. Yes he was booked but does that merit him being subbed. Why not sub Durnin after he got booked. Imo comments like that are crazy. The man has a better disciplinary record than a number of players at the club and is the one player who has the aggression every decent team needs in the center of the pitch and his record has shown he has never went over the score in that respect. I have to admit I was surprised when he got mom, but he had a decent game. I thought that award should have went to Durnin as he never put a foot wrong the whole match and even at that I struggled to pick him from the rest as they were all good on the day.

nithvalley
09-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Ask Jardi !

Your comments are spot on and I agree with you 100%.

jardi
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Like a salmon rising for a fly, I shall take the bait one last time:

McKenna, as you all know, would be the first on my team sheet every week. However, he is a lose cannon and liable to be red carded once he loses the plot, therefore IMHO he should be subbed when he gets a yellow card.

Yet again, McKenna received another pointless yellow card yesterday, and it is time quite frankly, that he (like Russell) grew up!

McKenna was not man of the match yesterday, but in the 20 minutes he was on the park I would have given MOM to Gavin Reilly.

Yesterday's referee Ian Brines was excellent by the way, and he would not have given a second yellow, unless McKenna had done something really stupid, so under the circumstances, I think McIntyre probably made the right decision to leave him on the park.

Brines probably should have red carded Durnan for his cynical challenge.

Brines did not see the 3 hand ball incidents, as he was directly behind the offending player. Thus he could not

fatfan
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
NV. I can only apologise. I didn't realise the sarcasm in your comment. Thought you were being serious about it

Palmyman
09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Jardi do keep up pal there is a thread on the board and a photo of referee Brines getting his tea in the main stand cafe at half time ;D

mainstandman59
09-02-2014, 09:40 PM
[quote="jardi"]Like a salmon rising for a fly, I shall take the bait one last time:

McKenna, as you all know, would be the first on my team sheet every week. However, he is a lose cannon and liable to be red carded once he loses the plot, therefore IMHO he should be subbed when he gets a yellow card.

Yet again, McKenna received another pointless yellow card yesterday, and it is time quite frankly, that he (like Russell) grew up!

McKenna was not man of the match yesterday, but in the 20 minutes he was on the park I would have given MOM to Gavin Reilly.

Yesterday's referee Ian Brines was excellent by the way, and he would not have given a second yellow, unless McKenna had done something really stupid, so under the circumstances, I think McIntyre probably made the right decision to leave him on the park.

Brines probably should have red carded Durnan for his cynical challenge.

Brines did not see the 3 hand ball incidents, as he was directly behi

mainstandman59
09-02-2014, 09:43 PM
McKenna, surely not !

Because he was playing well, and is a very important part of the team. Okay so he will now be suspended for the Falkirk game, but that will be his first suspension of the season after what 30+ games, no big deal.

jardi
10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Palmyman, I only realised there was a thread after replying to the MOM thread!

Doh!XD

jardi
10-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Mainstandsman, I bow to your superior knowledge of such matters. The important thing is that we are at last playing with 2 strikers which does several things: forces teams to play more in defence, allows Queens to dominate in midfield and strangely enough, allows us to score goals!

Jim McIntyre took a long time to come round to many fans way of thinking, but he has turned a team who were in dire straits and on the fringe of the relegation play off spot to one which is in danger of being promoted!

What would have happened if he'd continued with Alan Johnston's formation right from the start?

tube8
10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
What would have happened if he'd continued with Alan Johnston's formation right from the start?

4-4-2 © Alan Johnston !?! XD

We still aren't using it, if we had used it we might be worse off who knows.