PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog day

laticRMI
08-02-2014, 08:55 PM
I put this post on a few weeks ago after the Doncaster game. We struggled to beat Charlton in the meantime. We just don't have the players to play 'Uwe's way' ... he knows that himself, that's why he tinkers with the team selection every week.:/

'It's the players not the manager'

Today confirmed to me what I have felt all season. We have a bunch of players who simply don't have the qualities necessary to be consistent week in week out in this division. Being outplayed by a team who have not won for eight games, and who sit 3rd from bottom in the league, is extremely worrying. Given that DW has clearly vetoed any move in the transfer market for a top quality striker and a strong centre midfielder - where we are really lacking - Uwe has as much chance as his predecessor of getting us back in the top flight. I thought at the time that Owen Coyle was treated harshly by Whelan - probably because he wanted to move for players in the transfer market - and that Rosler will fare no better

Les_bradds_lad
08-02-2014, 09:06 PM
At least we'll stay up, and maybe have a bit of a cup run into the 5th round, but no Wembley this year, I'm afraid.

optimistic as usual - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25994223)

WhoRYa
09-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Today confirmed to me what I have felt all season. We have a bunch of players who simply don't have the qualities necessary to be consistent week in week out in this division.

I don't agree in the slightest.
How can a team get any sort of consistency when there are 4 or 5 changes from game to game?
And I don't think the changes have anything to do with him not knowing his best XI. He does it coz that's the way he believes it should be done - just search the internet & you can find numerous examples of him talking about it as well as Brentford fans discussing him doing it there.
Also, if he did it coz he didn't know his best XI then why does he seem to leave out those players who've been amongst the best the game before?

As for Coyle being harshly treated -my **** he was. He was garbage. Players out of position left, right & centre, tactically inept, non-existent fitness training, lack of scouting on the opposition & a squad of