PDA

View Full Version : Why Bolton Wanderers Should Appoint Neil Warnock...

campo21
08-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Bolton Wanderers, should they sack current manager Dougie Freedman, can look no further for a replacement than former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock, who has been out of work since leaving Leeds United in April 2013, having previously led unfancied Queen's Park Rangers to the Premiership in 2011.

Spending the majority of career in and around the Second Division (known today as The Championship), Warnock has a virtually unmatched CV in terms of getting the most out of average teams.

Beginning with his time at Scarborough, Warnock won the Football Conference title in 1987, before moving to Notts County in 1989. There he really began to make his, earning successive promotions to reach the First Division (now Premier League) for the 1991-92 season. Impressive given that Notts County had done nowt for ages before Warnock arrived at the club.

Along the way, Warnock turned down lucrative offers to manage Chelsea and Sunderland in order to stay at County. He left the club aft

campo21
08-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Just read this post before how can he be any worse than freedman.

dunc_bwfc
08-02-2014, 11:48 PM
he couldnt be any worse campo & would kick a few butts thats for sure & his cv is quite respectable so you wouldnt get any moans or groans from me if he replaced dougie but in a ideal world that we had the funds to get rid & appoint a new manager it would have had to be tony pulis for me that we should have dived in for as soon as he left stoke

campo21
09-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Pulis would have been the better option dunc but i can't see him leaving palace for a while and he would be out of our price range.

klassnic
09-02-2014, 03:29 AM
great idea with warnock but sadly we have major problems in the club to iron out first.

Bwfc can't afford to let DF go or sack him against the rest of his contract that he currently has. Financially it don't make no sense but to keep him on until his renewal which should be never !

What gartside and Eddie should do is look at the whole squad and bring back all the loaned out players so they can bring in warnock as director of football.

he will decide and not Gartside who stays and who goes because DF will be working to gartsides ego.

Warnock won't put up with that and knows more than gatside will ever know about football players or the game.

Then if Df feels under pressure from Warnock looking over his shoulder he will resign because warnock calls a spade a spade

so we would have no more sacked mgt fees to pay
out on contracts.

But the only thing that will stop warnock coming to bolton or even being manager is his fees, plus budget of moneys on the table for what he wants to sp

campo21
09-02-2014, 03:54 PM
We can't afford not to do it klassers.

JimmyJazz64
09-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Neil Warnock would be a great appointment but it would cost a shed load of money to tempt him out of the South West and his Talksport commitments and we ain't got it

klassnic
12-02-2014, 02:51 AM
The only way we could get the likes of neil warnock in is to get his fee's or contract paid for with a sponsor to come into the club and either pay him direct and to take on the responsability of keep paying him if the club decides to sack him, plus to pay his add ons like win bonuses etc.

The only way we could get a sponsor is to have a chairman who has really good relationships with sponsors.

Unfortunately our chairman has burned his bridges with sport agents galore and other business excutives in other bsiness areas.

Also a sponsor would want guarentees from the club that Warnock would have funds to spend from the owner with a personal guarentee to that effect and to have given a 3 year sponsorship deal to fund Warnock then in the clauses the sponsor would want to have a piece of the club.

And on top of that a sponsor would ask for BWFC to guarentee either to take over warnocks contract after the 3 years and maybe if bolton did sack him within 3 years then they may want bolton t

Colburn_Claret
12-02-2014, 05:48 PM
I didn't realise that things were that bad.

You should try to sign Joey Barton and El Hadj Diouff, along with Gartside and Warnock you'd have the most hated team in the country.

Warnock is an arse. He's always the first rat to leave the sinking ship, then he has first shout at blaming everybody but himself.

IMHO it's not getting a new manager that should be a priority, but getting rid of Gartside. They say love is blind, well anyone who likes the way he has run your club down must be blind.

Good luck for the rest of the season by the way.

Quicknick
12-02-2014, 09:09 PM
At least you all realise you won't be getting Sean Dyche! ;D

eric1953
13-02-2014, 11:40 AM
I would keep that quiet Nick, only an idiot would come to the Reebok the state our club is in.

But someone shortly will be after yerman.

I'll bet your chairman is absolutely pissing his sides following the spat with Gartside during the Coyle affair.

Revenge is just as sweet and all that.

garyp1803
13-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I would keep that quiet Nick, only an idiot would come to the Reebok the state our club is in.

But someone shortly will be after yerman.

I'll bet your chairman is absolutely pissing his sides following the spat with Gartside during the Coyle affair.

Revenge is just as sweet and all that.
Eric, I read an article the other day, apparently we interviewed Sean Dyche for the Bolton job before we hired Dougie. >:(

JimmyJazz64
13-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I wish all the best to Sean Dyche. He was sh@t on by Watford's new owners. If Burnley don't get promoted this season you can guarantee that someone in the Prem will be after him. From what I've seen/heard of him wouldn't surprise me if he told them to **** off!! Seems to be a bloke with a great deal of integrity