PDA

View Full Version : Once again Mr Davies is Happy with an Away Point

Romanis
09-02-2014, 12:02 AM
See link.

As usual he's quick to find something as the cause, today's it's nature! ;D

I get the feeling he's more concerned of making the play-offs than trying for the autos. It's as if he's confident he'll walk the play-offs.

Although some changes were enforced, he's always keen to tinker. Has he played the same side 3 matches in a row this season? Twice in a row? - view external link (http://www.clubcall.com/nottingham-forest/davies-happy-with-point-1708495.html)

dam617
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Someone should have asked him how many times we've been winning an away game and conceded an equaliser late on.
Bolton
Reading
Blackpool
So that's 9 points turned into 3 in a matter of minutes.
Is he **** 'happy with an away point'

walshynffc82
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
The main reason we concede so often is we start to time waste from as early as the 65/70 minute mark. I see it more away from home but even at home. We sit back and just encourage pressure on to us. Embarrassing sometimes. Don't get me wrong BD has many many qualities. However, his biggest flaw is the fact that he sets teams out to stop the opposition rather than to win and attack them.

dam617
09-02-2014, 12:09 PM
The main reason we concede so often is we start to time waste from as early as the 65/70 minute mark. I see it more away from home but even at home. We sit back and just encourage pressure on to us. Embarrassing sometimes. Don't get me wrong BD has many many qualities. However, his biggest flaw is the fact that he sets teams out to stop the opposition rather than to win and attack them.

Spot on.
I can never understand the time wasting tactic - refs aren't stupid and, dare I say it, we are reknowned for it.
If a team has a sniff of pinching more points in time added on they'll try a damn lot harder than they will in normal time.
If you're going to sit back and invite pressure you should never, ever concede with a free ****ing header from a free kick >:(

Bourne1865
09-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Bet he ain't really, he's just saying that because he probarbly thought he'd get away with the 1-0 win and then it backfired on him when we conceded with a few minutes to go. Which is a load of rubbish and is another two points dropped. When we go 1-0 up we should be finishing teams off not conceding near the death.

There is no excuse if we wanna go up!

Hells_Reject
09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Someone should have asked him how many times we've been winning an away game and conceded an equaliser late on.
Bolton
Reading
Blackpool
So that's 9 points turned into 3 in a matter of minutes.
Is he **** 'happy with an away point'

Shall we also ask him about the points gained where we sniggered leaving ground a la Leicester.

general_red
09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Obviously you went to the game with your comments Romanis so what did you think to the awful conditions and why they diddnt affect the game ?

dam617
09-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Eh? There's a big difference between riding our luck and doing a smash and grab at against a top team and sitting on a 1 goal lead against a team having a nightmare at the moment and ****ing it up.
Why bring Derbyshire on when we were getting slaughtered in midfield and leave Raddy on the bench?

Polish_ForestMad
09-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Eh? There's a big difference between riding our luck and doing a smash and grab at against a top team and sitting on a 1 goal lead against a team having a nightmare at the moment and ****ing it up.
Why bring Derbyshire on when we were getting slaughtered in midfield and leave Raddy on the bench?
did you watch the preston game?raddy changed everything when he came on didnt he?:? raddy came on and did sod all against preston when we were up against it,he is a flair player not a brake it up and stop there midfield player.
with the games we have had and have coming up with the injuries we have the players will be laggy and on a pitch like that it will take alot out of them.
you cant catch you breath with some of the negativity.

Elite_Pie
09-02-2014, 07:33 PM
with the games we have had and have coming up with the injuries we have the players will be laggy and on a pitch like that it will take alot out of them.

This isn't an anti-Forest post because it bugs me when Notts fans regularly mention it as well, but this has to be the most pathetic excuse around. Since when did an athlete become tired from running around for 90 minutes twice a week? How can playing on a Tuesday make you tired on a Saturday for f*cks sake?

Trickytreesreds
09-02-2014, 07:56 PM

This isn't an anti-Forest post because it bugs me when Notts fans regularly mention it as well, but this has to be the most pathetic excuse around. Since when did an athlete become tired from running around for 90 minutes twice a week? How can playing on a Tuesday make you tired on a Saturday for f*cks sake?[/quote]

As a rule of thumb I agree.
At the moment though, we have had this-

6 games in January and 7 in February.

eg- last 4 games- Thurs,Sun,Weds,Sat and again we go on Tues at Hudds. Bit much for anyone 5 games in 12 days.

Let's be honest here, we are a Champ club and even we are paying the price for the stupid International schedule, screwing up the program.

God knows what's going to happen with Qatar

Hells_Reject
10-02-2014, 06:43 AM

This isn't an anti-Forest post because it bugs me when Notts fans regularly mention it as well, but this has to be the most pathetic excuse around. Since when did an athlete become tired from running around for 90 minutes twice a week? How can playing on a Tuesday make you tired on a Saturday for f*cks sake?[/quote]

Where's that like button ?

KeeptheCityGround
10-02-2014, 06:43 AM

I totally agree with you.

Unfortunately over the past 10/15 years football fans have had it rammed down their throats by managers at top clubs i.e Mr Wenger that players need resting and rotating. Other managers and media have since made many fans think it's true and so pamper the big egos of players that are top athletes and disgracefully overpaid!!

Polish. I normally agree with what you say. But answer t

Hells_Reject
10-02-2014, 06:45 AM
You want to bring Raddy on to stabilise the midfield ? XD XD

KeeptheCityGround
10-02-2014, 06:52 AM
You want to bring Raddy on to stabilise the midfield ? XD XD[/quote]

Raddy should've been starting yesterday, we were playing the most out of form team in the league(lost 10 of last 12). At any level of football when you're playing a team like that it's ***** to get out the blocks and hit them hard. Get an early goal and their heads drop. We let them comfortably get a grip on the game and they grew in confidence.

Negative tactics at Blackpool, nothing more to it than that.

Romanis
10-02-2014, 06:45 PM

Raddy should've been starting yesterday, we were playing the most out of form team in the league(lost 10 of last 12). At any level of football when you're playing a team like that it's ***** to get out the blocks and hit them hard. Get an early goal and their heads drop. We let them comfortably get a grip on the game and they grew in confidence.

Negative tactics at Blackpool, nothing more to it than that.[/quote]

I agree, it's time Billy owns up to his shortcomings

Hells_Reject
10-02-2014, 07:48 PM

Raddy should be playing? He has been tripe for nigh on th

general_red
11-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Im still awaiting your answer to my question Romanis

KeeptheCityGround
12-02-2014, 08:39 AM

Raddy s

Romanis
12-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Im still awaiting your answer to my question Romanis

I've decided to let the Terriers game pass before answering you.

The answer lies in your question itself, does the bad weather and pitch affect only Forest? Do we have the bad weather following us only and not the opposition during the game, and do they play in in the good parts of the pitch only?

The difference in the 2 games, was the realisation that we gotta kill games off.

And that also involves the tactical nous of the manager. I'm not gonna go into a list but bring your mind back to our play-off semi-final against Blackpool, twice in both games we had the lead and in the 2nd leg momentum, and twice we surrendered it.

I'll say Billy's a good manager but he's far from being great and the sooner he admits his flaws and works on it, the better he and our team will become.

The bottomline is both of us support the same team, both want the best for the team, however occa

general_red
13-02-2014, 12:05 AM
yes your correct saying the weather affects both the teams but i would say on forests style of play it affected us more and yes we all want forest to kill teams off but it dont always work like that ,i mean look at watford they should have killed the game off at 2-0 and not let us come out 4-2 winners , but anyway as you say no one agrees all the time with each other and we all want the best for our team no matter what UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Reds

Romanis
13-02-2014, 07:44 PM
yes your correct saying the weather affects both the teams but i would say on forests style of play it affected us more and yes we all want forest to kill teams off but it dont always work like that ,i mean look at watford they should have killed the game off at 2-0 and not let us come out 4-2 winners , but anyway as you say no one agrees all the time with each other and we all want the best for our team no matter what UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Reds

No worries mate, feel free to give me my comeuppance whenever you feel the need to.

Forest fans must learn to stay grounded, I'm having a hard time leashing dear old Es***. XD XD