PDA

View Full Version : Crowd yesterday

Tam_o_Terregles
09-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Just read the match report on OS. Shocked when I read that 1818 was the best home league gate since first game of the season.
Yikes!
Chatting to a couple of fans at the game we reckoned the average age of spectator was in bus pass territory.
Wonder what the strategy is for getting future supporters through the door.
Good to see Arena and cafe set up yesterday and plastic main pitch will also bring in revenue but it is sad to see such a small core support.

palmylad
09-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Average attendances this season

Dundee - 4320
Falkirk - 3146
Raith Rovers - 1873
Morton - 1765
QUEENS - 1699 ( 1658 last season )
Hamilton - 1206
Livingston - 1169
Dumbarton - 927
Alloa - 813
Cowdenbeath - 587

Palmyman
09-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Tam agree it is pretty poor and it is a struggle to attract youngsters to today's games. Only 10 years ago 2003 - 04 Queens average was 2,360 - next week's visit of the 'Dee will put the average up though with their great away support.

arrol1919
09-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Thought it was a decent crowd yesterday despite the weather condition .

Great support down from Falkirk also

arrol1919
12-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Thought it was a decent crowd yesterday despite the weather condition .

Great support down from Falkirk also

Just read on the P&B site that 346 Falkirk fans made the journey on Saturday which was nearly twice what they brought the first time

JRSLEFTPEG
12-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Nearly 1500 home fans on a horrible day like that wasn't too bad then. As previously said , I am expecting a good crowd and atmosphere on Saturday.

wull2001
12-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Has this been one of worst seasons ever in terms of weather. Its seems to have been wet just about every match this season

jardi
13-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Hope to God its half decent on Saturday, although I suspect that at best it will be cold, damp and windy!

Dundee will bring a good crowd with them, but a sunny, dry day would entice some home punters away from their fires.

Truthhurts
30-12-2019, 12:32 AM
We are at Hamilton Accies level of crowds now unfortunately!!!

Francis_begbie_HFC
30-12-2019, 01:32 AM
We are at Hamilton Accies level of crowds now unfortunately!!!

yes and minus hamiltons youth system and wealth ,iv always said the hamilton root is the way to go for queens ,build a top youth system and bring them through after a few hard years we would start reaping the rewards ,with youths coming through bound to the club on 5 year contracts so it takes hard cash for clubs to take them ,worked great for hamilton with mccarthy and mcarthur amoung others .

nunez
30-12-2019, 11:05 AM
yes and minus hamiltons youth system and wealth ,iv always said the hamilton root is the way to go for queens ,build a top youth system and bring them through after a few hard years we would start reaping the rewards ,with youths coming through bound to the club on 5 year contracts so it takes hard cash for clubs to take them ,worked great for hamilton with mccarthy and mcarthur amoung others .

The crowds aren’t helped with ‘supporters’ like you who’ve turned their backs on the club and don’t attend matches anymore.

Ftivano1
30-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Wee bit of a hangover so did not realise at first glance that this subject started by Tam of Terregles was referring to a game nearly SIX years ago !

scooby_blue
30-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Wee bit of a hangover so did not realise at first glance that this subject started by Tam of Terregles was referring to a game nearly SIX years ago !

People on here know to ignore anything truthurts the troll writes. He must live a sad lonely life.

Truthhurts
30-12-2019, 02:48 PM
This old post is meant to show the dramatic decline in supporters of Queen of the South FC. The marketing at the club is dismal, there are no positive vibes whatsoever from within the boardroom. Plenty of “happy-clappers” around though!

scooby_blue
30-12-2019, 03:59 PM
This old post is meant to show the dramatic decline in supporters of Queen of the South FC. The marketing at the club is dismal, there are no positive vibes whatsoever from within the boardroom. Plenty of “happy-clappers” around though!

And your constant negativity and trouble making really helps matters.

jardi
30-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Totally agree, Scooby Blue, - still waiting for Truthhurts to join me in a litter picking session on the bypass!

He does make a valid point that the marketing could be better, - which is the equivalent of saying the transport system in D&G could be better.

Of-course it could be better Truthhurts, - but rather than point out the bleeding obvious why not offer to assist with the marketing?

Criticism is so easy, especially when sitting on the fence pointing fingers at other people, - but actually doing something about it is an entirely different matter.

You yourself, may not be the person who can improve the marketing, - but there will be people out there who might be, - have a chat with them and gauge their thinking then if successful approach the BOD with some options.

Francis_begbie_HFC
30-12-2019, 04:47 PM

exactly ftivano1 six years ago this was getting spoke about and whats changed ? iv realised years of throwing gate money at hewitson and co hasnt got queens anywhere ,hopefully a takeover bid might happen soon and hopefully someone that has the clout to rekindle the stay away fans interest to come back .

jardi
30-12-2019, 05:08 PM
God, why do we bother!

aloreburn
31-12-2019, 08:28 AM
exactly ftivano1 six years ago this was getting spoke about and whats changed ? iv realised years of throwing gate money at hewitson and co hasnt got queens anywhere ,hopefully a takeover bid might happen soon and hopefully someone that has the clout to rekindle the stay away fans interest to come back .

Please explain this ridiculous statement

Francis_begbie_HFC
31-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Please explain this ridiculous statement

well aloreburn the statement is pretty obvious even to the uneducated lol ,first posted 6 years ago about declining support ,whats changed in those six years to light a spark in the stay away fans hearts and eyes ???? .and ask yourself putting yourself in the stay away fans shues whats needed to make the change doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out what will get them back does it .

aloreburn
31-12-2019, 05:00 PM
The last six seasons has seen us retain our Championship status since winning the league in 2012/13
We’ve had 2 top 4 finishes
Queens didn’t increase admission prices like other clubs and remain one of the cheapest in the league
Junior Blues are still only charged £18 a season
Completed refurbished the former Tesco site which is now brining in money we never had before
Upgraded the pitch into a 4G one
Fixed the Terregles Street End which had laid idle for over 20 years
Built new changing rooms that now join Palmerston to the Ice Bowl
Installed new toilets and more changing rooms at the Portland Road End
Taken over the running of the KGV and Lochmaben Community Centre
and signed a player called Stephen Dobbie who has now scored 105 goals since his return.

All the above won’t of been possible without our current BOD’s

jardi
31-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Thank you Aloreburn, it's so easy to criticise and so easy to forget or overlook the many positives.

aloreburn
31-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Oh and Queens average attendance was up from 1452 in season 2017/18 to 1656 in 2018/19.

aloreburn
31-12-2019, 05:22 PM
Thank you Aloreburn, it's so easy to criticise and so easy to forget or overlook the many positives.

And some overlook ALL positives using every excuse in the book not to attend.

Spikefaethesouth
31-12-2019, 10:09 PM
The last six seasons has seen us retain our Championship status since winning the league in 2012/13
Queens didn’t increase admission prices like other clubs and remain one of the cheapest in the league
Completed refurbished the former Tesco site which is now brining in money we never had before
and signed a player called Stephen Dobbie who has now scored 105 goals since his return.

Well said Sir although we will be classified as being happy clappers by the ignorant brigade no doubt.

Truthhurts
01-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Applauded! 😐

jardi
01-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Precisely the point inferred Truthhurts.

Truthhurts
01-01-2020, 11:06 PM
Exactly! 😊

Francis_begbie_HFC
02-01-2020, 02:09 AM

all good work by the board to be applauded and needed ,now how further forward has that got queens ? we still have dwindling crowds ,one of the smallest budgets in the league ,thread bare squad 3 or 4 decent players injured and we are in serious bother even with all the work our bod has done do yous think thats enough to attract the stay away fans ? answer to that has to be a resounding no ,i suppose the question is do the fiathful want the stay away fans to come back ?are thay now content to see queens stay as we are or not ? stay away fans aint coming buck uuntil thay see a big rise in fortunes on the park simple as that .

Truthhurts
02-01-2020, 09:14 AM
I’m afraid it is self preservation in the BOD part. They simply don’t have the finances to take the club forward. They need to open up and let some money people on board. 60 years without top flight football is an absolute disgrace for a central belt based team. This is why most people laugh and joke about the club unfortunately!

Spikefaethesouth
02-01-2020, 09:49 AM
I’m afraid it is self preservation in the BOD part. They simply don’t have the finances to take the club forward. They need to open up and let some money people on board. 60 years without top flight football is an absolute disgrace for a central belt based team. This is why most people laugh and joke about the club unfortunately!

Has there been some cataclysmic event that has suddenly thrust Dumfries into Scotland's central belt over the festive period? Wow missed that!!

Baw Heid
02-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Has there been some cataclysmic event that has suddenly thrust Dumfries into Scotland's central belt over the festive period? Wow missed that!!

May be referring to the team being based in Hamilton for training Does raise a point about Dunfries almost being an away game. I think we should at least train one day a week in Dumfries, at least

aloreburn
02-01-2020, 11:35 AM
May be referring to the team being based in Hamilton for training Does raise a point about Dunfries almost being an away game. I think we should at least train one day a week in Dumfries, at least

I think it’s irrelevant where we training to be honest.

Truthhurts
02-01-2020, 02:59 PM
If we trained one day per week at Palmerston, it would help the players get more accustomed to the pitch. Playing a home game every two weeks under match duress will not help the players understand how every bounce responds all over the park.

jardi
02-01-2020, 03:42 PM
Now Truthhurts, you have said something that is very sensible and logical, and I have to agree with you wholeheartedly.

It wouldn't make financial sense to train in Dumfries all the time or even much of the time, - but it would be a bloody good idea to have a full training session at Palmerston every other Thursday, - to give the players the advantage over the opposition with regards to the pace and bounce of the ball.

So on average through the season, playing home then away, - that would be just 2 sessions per month at Palmerston, - but I think it would pay dividends and be worth the hour's drive down for the session.

Truthhurts
02-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Now to continue my positive start to 2020; here is something I would try to implement if I was involved with Queens.

Do we have anyone within the club that has a hearty and vibrant personality? If we could get such a person to bring together all the music teachers at our local schools, getting them orchestrating and portraying Queens songs; just imagine if they could all congregate together on the covered terrace for selected home games!

This could be achieved, and with the sheer volume of joyous noise this would generate, perhaps many of them will want be to do this on a regular basis.. the children would bring paying family members, helping the club attract a bigger fan base.

jardi
02-01-2020, 06:18 PM
A great idea Truthhurts!

Francis_begbie_HFC
03-01-2020, 01:34 AM
nooo thats a top idea ,surprised at jardi seeing this also ,like this idea alot ,need someone that as the ear of the schools to get ibvolved in negotiations .

Spikefaethesouth
03-01-2020, 11:29 AM
A great idea Truthhurts!

Didn't you propose something very similar early last year Jardi? What sort of response did you get then?

jardi
03-01-2020, 02:38 PM
No takers, - but that's irrelevant, - the point is it's an excellent idea which needs someone to nurture and take on board.

The problem is that the BOD like many of us have more than enough on our plate, and so it needs someone who has recently retired with a lot of time on their hands to take it forward.

The problem is finding the right person.

Francis_begbie_HFC
03-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Now to continue my positive start to 2020; here is something I would try to implement if I was involved with Queens.

Do we have anyone within the club that has a hearty and vibrant personality? If we could get such a person to bring together all the music teachers at our local schools, getting them orchestrating and portraying Queens songs; just imagine if they could all congregate together on the covered terrace for selected home games!

This could be achieved, and with the sheer volume of joyous noise this would generate, perhaps many of them will want be to do this on a regular basis.. the children would bring paying family members, helping the club attract a bigger fan base.

it is a top idea truthhurts but the part where the kids bring along a full paying parent is where it hits the snag ,jim thomson used to hand out free tickets to every kid at locharbriggs school when my daughter was there ,most the kids wanted to go yes but the big snag was there parents didnt want to go and pay 16 quid as it was at the time so thay brought it up at the next parent meeting as there was complaints about the kids getting the tickets and it got voted to stop giving the kids the tickets ,so theres the prob with that ,take the paying family member part out of it im sure most of the kids would be allowed to go by themselfs ,my daughter went herself at the time anyways i was there i suppose as her parent but i was in the pub for 12 and never seen her and her pals until 5pm .after match .

arrol1919
03-01-2020, 07:58 PM
I sincerely hope some of these so called Queens fans let bygones be bygones and start attended Palmerston again starting from tomorrow against league leaders Dundee Utd. Refusing to go only makes our financial situation worse. It’s time people moved on and realised how lucky we are to have a well established championship football team playing in our town.
It certainly beats playing the likes of Albion Rovers , Stenhousemuir , Forfar etc like we did for far too long years ago.

Truthhurts
03-01-2020, 09:30 PM
That’s exactly the problem today though! Beating the likes of Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Forfar frequently, made people want to go to games. Nowadays, we can hardly string two victories together, so it becomes monotonous on a regular bases, unfortunately!

Bagapapa
03-01-2020, 11:55 PM
That’s exactly the problem today though! Beating the likes of Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Forfar frequently, made people want to go to games. Nowadays, we can hardly string two victories together, so it becomes monotonous on a regular bases, unfortunately!.

In a nutshell.

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-01-2020, 01:06 AM
That’s exactly the problem today though! Beating the likes of Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Forfar frequently, made people want to go to games. Nowadays, we can hardly string two victories together, so it becomes monotonous on a regular bases, unfortunately!

defo in a nutshell ,people are disheartened before the first ball is kicked ,knowing that we will be operating through a season in a decent league with one of the smallest budgets ,smallest squads and scraping wins here and there isnt what the stay away fans want to see ,monotonous is the best word for it .people dont want to go into a season knowing that escaping relegation is a decent job done .

arrol1919
04-01-2020, 09:37 AM
defo in a nutshell ,people are disheartened before the first ball is kicked ,knowing that we will be operating through a season in a decent league with one of the smallest budgets ,smallest squads and scraping wins here and there isnt what the stay away fans want to see ,monotonous is the best word for it .people dont want to go into a season knowing that escaping relegation is a decent job done .

We’ve regularly beaten teams like Rangers , Hibernian , Dundee United , Dundee , Falkirk in the last decade. Give me those victories over the small team victories of the 80’s and 90’s any day.

Too many so called Queens fans using every excuse in the book not to attend. Absolutely pathetic

arrol1919
04-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Completely incorrect as crowds back then were half what they are now.

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Completely incorrect as crowds back then were half what they are now.

arrol1919 surely seeing queens challenge at the top end of the league as one of the favourites is the only way your going to see most start filtering back ,yes we had great wins v rangers ,hibs ,hearts ,dundee utd ,but the story is we have hovered
about mid table most years since being in this league had the odd flirt with playoffs and a odd flirt with relegation ,the result of this is called stagnation ,and the way alot of queens fans talk about taking further steps backwards to part time instead of looking forward ,do you think that sparks a fire in the stay away fans bellies arrol ?,its all doom and gloom talk ,only unbridled success in the higher leagues will bring them back now and we all know what it will take to achieve it .

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-01-2020, 02:33 PM
oh and the 80s and 90s you were paying 2 quid in 80s adult and fiver for adult in 90s and 90 p for under 16s up until 95 ,and loads of complimentary tickets back then big difference in gate prices back then .

scooby_blue
04-01-2020, 09:27 PM
oh and the 80s and 90s you were paying 2 quid in 80s adult and fiver for adult in 90s and 90 p for under 16s up until 95 ,and loads of complimentary tickets back then big difference in gate prices back then .

You really are as thick as mince Mr Douglas.

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-01-2020, 11:17 PM

and out comes the muppet show ,what prices were you paying in the 80s scooby blue lol or were you still in nappies .

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-01-2020, 11:22 PM

and iv not said anything that aint true mr hide behind keyboard lol .

Francis_begbie_HFC
05-01-2020, 01:38 AM
and yes crowds were poor around 88 /93 season ,prob at there worst home supports in our history ,but that was due to multiple factors ,ie harkness ,poor poor form ,worst league positions in our history , most fans not turning up in protest ,i take it scooby blue and his crew cant see the similarities from those horrible years and now ,simple facts are queens need to tempt the fans back that stay away not expect them just to turn up and go through the motions ,i suggest mr scooby blue your the thick as mince person as you put it blinded ,the people who care about the club most are the people who complain about mediocrity we want better for our club .,the ones who just put up and clap are the ones who need to wake up .

johnny_dumfries
05-01-2020, 11:53 AM
Queens have been punching above their weight for a good few seasons now and we should be extremely grateful that we’ve a BOD’s who’ve decided to keep us a full time professional football club despite huge financial losses.

ALBERTZ_11
05-01-2020, 12:13 PM
So yesterday we had 1347 home fans in the 2041 attendance...

scooby_blue
05-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Queens have been punching above their weight for a good few seasons now and we should be extremely grateful that we’ve a BOD’s who’ve decided to keep us a full time professional football club despite huge financial losses.

Exactly Johnny yet some ‘supporters’ think we need to spend even more money that we’ve not got which will put the future of the club in doubt. We should feel lucky with what we’ve got and enjoy regular championship football while we can.

scooby_blue
05-01-2020, 12:17 PM

No sh|t Sherlock Holmes

ALBERTZ_11
05-01-2020, 12:21 PM
No sh|t Sherlock Holmes

Yessss

Ftivano1
05-01-2020, 03:39 PM
1984 - 85 the average home attendance at Palmy over the season was 599 the lowest on record !

Truthhurts
05-01-2020, 03:50 PM
and yes crowds were poor in the 80’s, simple facts are queens need to tempt the fans back that stay away not expect them just to turn up and go through the motions .
The other problem is that between the BOD and “the wee coonter”, there is nobody with any personality or marketing acumen at the cub ☹️

Francis_begbie_HFC
05-01-2020, 05:38 PM
The other problem is that between the BOD and “the wee coonter”, there is nobody with any personality or marketing acumen at the cub ☹️

agree with that truthhurts ,no one on the board have a standout personality ,last one that did fit that bill would have been davy rae ,norman blount before him ,we need a man on the board that has the talk to rally the fans .

lcfc57
05-01-2020, 06:29 PM
2401 I think was more like it so 1700 home fans

Francis_begbie_HFC
06-01-2020, 02:44 PM

johnny this punching above our weight crap boils my blood mun ,queens are operating at home support crowds of just over 1100 a week ,if this is punching above our weight what kinda crowds do you expect we were punching at our so called weight between 500 and 1000 id bet ,most queens fans are wanting to see the dumfries public come along and give there support ,do you expect these people to turn up at palmerstone and pay 18 quid with whats currently on offer and reading your post ,if anything it strengthens the stay away fans fears and keeps them away .

johnny_dumfries
06-01-2020, 03:13 PM
johnny this punching above our weight crap boils my blood mun ,queens are operating at home support crowds of just over 1100 a week ,if this is punching above our weight what kinda crowds do you expect we were punching at our so called weight between 500 and 1000 id bet ,most queens fans are wanting to see the dumfries public come along and give there support ,do you expect these people to turn up at palmerstone and pay 18 quid with whats currently on offer and reading your post ,if anything it strengthens the stay away fans fears and keeps them away .

We do unbelievably well for a club with our crowds and size of budget. You should be thankful we’re in the championship and not in one of the leagues below.

johnny_dumfries
06-01-2020, 03:13 PM

Absolutely this.

Francis_begbie_HFC
06-01-2020, 03:51 PM
We do unbelievably well for a club with our crowds and size of budget. You should be thankful we’re in the championship and not in one of the leagues below.

yep johnny i am thankful we are in the championship ,but i think this when we first got up to chamionship was a big thing now it seems we have stagnated is my point ,you can see this by the interest being shown by the dumfries public the big question is do queens want to attract these fans and keep them interested ,atm from my point of view it doesnt look like thay care ,there just willing to bob along keeping the club afloat ,theres only 1 outcome for this eventually relegation ,then if we dont bounce straight back it then becomes part time ,which makes it that bit harder and the crowds start dropping like dead flies ,before you can catch your breath over a couple of short seasons the investment then needed to bring queens back will be well out of reach for our BOD ,thats the hard reality ,im not just out to moan or cause trouble or look for arguments ,i care for the club thats why i get mad seeing it stagnate and lose fans ,its the fans who just accept it are the fans i see as not caring about the club enough .i dont see these stay away fans paying to see queens ,change at the top is needed hewitson and co have had ump**** seasons to move the club forward and yes thay have done alot of spade work with the foundations ,but throwing gate money at them season apon season now seems like folly as its only the diehards that now do it ,and it s going to take persuading the stay away fans to come back to give queens the platform of large crowds to achieve going up ,but it will take investment first and a decent team playing well week in week out on the park before these fans start to see progress ,if it wasnt for dobbie queens would be defo in the lower leagues ,the BOD have relied on dobs to keep us going which shouldnt be ,once dobbie hangs up his boots i reckon there needs to be major invetment asap .

Francis_begbie_HFC
06-01-2020, 04:12 PM
the thing is we currently aint that far away atol from whats needed to challenge at the top end ,we have a decent 1st 11 ,we just lack squad depth quality atm .

ALBERTZ_11
06-01-2020, 06:53 PM

The attendance was 2041. The official website has the attendance as 2401 which is incorrect. No way was there that many home fans 1700.

Spikefaethesouth
06-01-2020, 07:44 PM
The attendance was 2041. The official website has the attendance as 2401 which is incorrect. No way was there that many home fans 1700.

Were you actually there Albertz for once? I thought that there was easily 1700 home fans in attendance.

aloreburn
06-01-2020, 08:04 PM

Were you there ?

ALBERTZ_11
09-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Were you there ?

No I wasn't......still don't reckon there was 1700 home fans.