PDA

View Full Version : Life in the old Tyke yet

pass_and_move
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM
NOT! We are destined for league 1 this season chaps. It's just one of them horrible seasons which you'll know all about after your last Championship campaign.

I haven't seen owt of Donny apart from that shambles of a game at Oakwell earlier in the season. What a load of defensive crap. You showed us too much respect and I suspect the highlight was John Ryans appearance at half time and booing Mvoto. I was expecting much the same at your place between two poor teams until recently, maybe you've turned the corner? A few decent results lately for you. We must win to have any chance of clawing you back into the dogfight. Anything but a victory for us will see you uncatchable from our point of view. I shall not be going on Sat as one visit to your stadium was one too many. No offence but it's ****e.

SilverTop60
10-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I would rather have the Keepmoat and be in the Championship than have the Oakwell and be in League One. At least you can be so very proud of your stadium if not your team. I suppose when you are doing so badly you have to look for someone to lash out at so you waste your time on the Donny forum.

The Owls have proved that with desire and hard work it is possible to drag yourself from the bottom 3 and so far Donny have done the same. Not long ago the Owls looked to be in a desperate situation as well. The loss of Sharpie so soon, and Wellens suspended does nothing to help our chances of staying safe.

I would be quite happy to see Millwall, Charlton and Yeovil go down and Donny, Sheff Wed and Barnsley stay up. We can only hope our teams step up to the mark and we’re still all in the Championship next season. A few wins for Barnsley can make a big difference to their league position when all teams have played the same number of games. I am sure Donny can soon be dragged back down if w

pass_and_move
10-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Aye it's a bit of a bodyblow for your losin all them key players. I agree that it'd be nice for the Yorkshire clubs to survive but i honestly feel our time is up. People keep sayin that a few wins will sort this out but when you've only won 4 out of 28, it is highly unlikely that a run of wins is going to happen.

I weren't having a pop at your, just stating that i didn't like the Keepmoat and the football on show in our previous encounter this season. I aint too proud of Oakwell either for the record, whatever league we are in.

lifelongrover
10-02-2014, 11:24 PM
It would be nice to have all Yorkshire clubs in the chapmen ship even Rotherham if we must :D

pass_and_move
12-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Changed mi mind nar. Am theer Setdy XD

lifelongrover
15-02-2014, 12:43 AM
What more do. We want than to play you every. Year owls Leeds Huddersfield And them cocky millers

lifelongrover
15-02-2014, 11:00 AM
I didn't ought to post messengers when I've had a drink

SilverTop60
15-02-2014, 05:08 PM
I was hoping for a better run of form in these few games against Barnsley and Yeovil. If we can only draw at home against Barnsley we probably won't win too easy (if at all) when we go to Yeovil. Clearly we have found our level struggling to keep above the drop zone. We have far tougher games ahead and the concern about staying up is not easing any.

Barnsley_Miller
15-02-2014, 08:33 PM
I didn't ought to post messengers when I've had a drink

No you didnt ought to but we all know you Gypos like a drink or two ;)

You wont be playing the Mighty millers next Season, we will be like ships that pass in the night ;)

UTM

tarnmad
15-02-2014, 10:58 PM
could not make a decent team out of all the Yorkshire clubs lets be honest

vespabri
15-02-2014, 11:02 PM
And by the way Oakwell is 10 times better than keepafloat.
UTM

pass_and_move
16-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Well i reckon 2 each was a fair result. 2 poor teams and we really needed a victory but didn't deserve it.

SilverTop60
22-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Your win over Millwall is at least another 3 points in your pocket. I did say not to give up. Just a few more points and you can be out of the hole.

scriptman
16-03-2014, 09:29 AM
as one visit to your stadium was one too many. No offence but it's ****e.

Do you think so? Explain why?

The Keepmoat Stadium is ascetically wanting but I don't base my match day experiences on how charming the stadium looks. My main concern is the team performance, followed by comfort, safety, and amenities. Where does the Keepmoat fall short in these?

Now let's look at Oakwell... crap parking, zero comfort, and invariably we are met with the Barnsley youths who resemble Elmer Fudd when leaving the stadium.

The Keepmoat is bland, uninspiring, and uniformed in design. But because of this I know that almost every seat offers generous leg room, comfort, and good viewing. Maybe I am at an age now whereby comfort is a priority, but one thing for sure, I would never swap the Keepmoat for Oakwell in a million years.