PDA

View Full Version : feeder club...

rathnewsaint
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
are we every going to be anything but a feeder club for that french tw@t as now he's looking at chambers ffs >:( i know i know its only the mirror but jesus are we ever going to keep our young lads and develop a real team for the prem top 10 even 6,
shaw,prowse,chambers,gallagher,lallana,isgrove,to a few that are all on the top 6 radar... is there any point to develop these youngsters then just sell them on. i for one am getting sick of wenger (god i hate him)and the so called bigger clubs feel they have a god given right to reep the rewards and hard work of our academy

rant over O:)

BileysThere
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
are we every going to be anything but a feeder club for that french tw@t as now he's looking at chambers ffs >:( i know i know its only the mirror but jesus are we ever going to keep our young lads and develop a real team for the prem top 10 even 6,
shaw,prowse,chambers,gallagher,lallana,isgrove,to a few that are all on the top 6 radar... is there any point to develop these youngsters then just sell them on. i for one am getting sick of wenger (god i hate him)and the so called bigger clubs feel they have a god given right to reep the rewards and hard work of our academy

rant over O:)

I think that really you should just be proud of your academy and the talent it produces, SFC have never been a big club but has always competed with decent teams so you're halfway there.

proclaimer
09-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Shaw signed when he could have gone. Lallana stayed even when we went into L1 and despite papers saying there would be a stampede for the door in January it didn't happen. Somewhere along the line we may lose one or two but that doesn't make us a feeder club.

What is really wrong here is that there is scant protection for clubs who develop young talent before they are 18 and, as bad as that might be for us, it is much worse for clubs below the Prem. About time the FA grew some balls and shut that loophole. imo.