PDA

View Full Version : The Final Run-In.

Woking88
09-02-2014, 07:31 PM
With the possible exception of Preston spoiling the party, it looks like a three-team race for the two automatic promotion slots.

All three teams involved, Brentford, Wolves and Orient, have 17 matches to play. Brentford have 8 at home and 9 away. Wolves have 7 at home and 10 away. Orient have 10 at home and 7 away. Brentford have 2 games at home and 2 away against other teams in the current top six, for wolves it is 2 and 2 and for Orient 2 at home and 1 away.

WOLVES

15 FebSatNotts. Co.H

22 FebSatBrentfordA
1 MarSatPort ValeH
8 MarSatWalsall A
11 MarTuesSwindon T.A
15 MarSatShrewsburyH
18 MarTuesCrawley TownA
22 MarSatSheffield U.A
25 MarTuesColchester U.H
29 MarSatM K DonsA
5 AprSatPeterboro' U.H
12 AprSatCrewe A.A
18 AprFriRotherham U.H
21 AprMonLeyton OrientA
26 AprSatCoventry CityA
3 MaySatCarlisle Utd.H

Stevenage T.A

BRENTFORD

12 FebWedSheff. Utd.A
15 FebSatCrewe A.A

22 FebSatWolves H
1 MarSatCarlisle Utd.A
8 MarSatBradfordH
11 MarTuesTranmere R.H
15 Mar

MichiganWolf
09-02-2014, 08:21 PM
We've got 8 matches in the month of March. Alot of congestion in there. Luckily, our promotion rivals have 7 so they'll be tested as well. Hopefully we are gearing up for that. We have 9 games left against the top half (3 home, 6 away), Brentford 7 (3 home, 4 away), Orient 8 (4 home, 4 away).

Seems to me that our away form will decide where we finish. Our destiny is in our hands. With matches still leeft against Brentford and Orient, we will decide where we finish. Not results elsewhere. Wolves need to adopt this attitude and not keep our eyes elsewhere. One match at a time, one win at a time.

darren62
10-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Sorry to say this but IMO that bad run has cost us the chance to go up in the top two cos the run in for us is worse than the other two.

Hope I'm wrong and Brentford or Leyton Orient slip up but I don't think they will.

IMO if we are to go up in the top two we can't afford to drop points in any more than three of our remaining games, especially those against the other two teams.

Mr.D
10-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Last time we went up we didn't win for 10 games in a row before Christmas and still finished top.

But with 17 games to play I would hardly call it the final run in.

Woking88
10-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Last time we went up we didn't win for 10 games in a row before Christmas and still finished top.

But with 17 games to play I would hardly call it the final run in.

Well, it goes from now to the end. That seems pretty final to me! ;D

Mr.D
10-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Well putting it that way after the first whistle at the start of the season we must obviously be on our final run in. :/

Woking88
10-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Well putting it that way after the first whistle at the start of the season we must obviously be on our final run in. :/

Yep - it certainly is. Even from our first League kick-off! :D

nortonwolf
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
We need to get something out of the games against Brentford and Orient. The game at Brentford is the one for me that could influence both teams run ins. Overall I'd say we've got the hardest run in... the games against Walsall, Rotherham and MK Dons are all difficult... Should be interesting!

Woking88
10-02-2014, 01:37 PM
We need to get something out of the games against Brentford and Orient. The game at Brentford is the one for me that could influence both teams run ins. Overall I'd say we've got the hardest run in... the games against Walsall, Rotherham and MK Dons are all difficult... Should be interesting!

I totally agree, Norton. I think we could help the team a lot at MK Dons if we can get the targeted 10K supporters there.

Robus
10-02-2014, 04:27 PM

I totally agree, Norton. I think we could help the team a lot at MK Dons if we can get the targeted 10K supporters there.[/quote]

I think we must do better than get something from the games against Brentford and Orient. We've got beat them, at least one of them. Maybe we'll get lucky and one or both will stumble against lesser opposition. But if not, it'll be up to us to take the points away from them. I fear another season in this league if we fail to win automatic promotion.

wolves71
10-02-2014, 05:20 PM
With games being called off due to waterlogged pitch, i think the month of March will be a defining one. How wolves do in the head to heads with Brentford and Leyton Orient could also go a long way to deciding where our destiny lies. I just hope and starting with Notts.County that the winning run Wolves are on that it continues.

grabut
10-02-2014, 06:51 PM
We must be positive and go all out for a win home or away. When we got promoted we weren't scared to lose and when we avoided relegation, we were in a far worse position than Blues but they were too scared to lose and ended up relegated.
Its going to be close and we wont win em all, lets just win more than the others.

Woking88
08-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Latest situation:-

WOLVES

11 Mar..Tues..Swindon T...A
15 Mar..Sat...Shrewsbury...H
18 Mar..Tues..Crawley Town...A
22 Mar..Sat...Sheffield U...A
25 Mar..Tues..Colchester U...H
29 Mar..Sat...M K Dons...A
1 Apr...Tues..Stevenage T...A
5 Apr...Sat...Peterboro' U...H
12 Apr..Sat...Crewe A...A
18 Apr..Fri...Rotherham U...H
21 Apr..Mon...Leyton Orient...A
26 Apr..Sat...Coventry City...A
3 May...Sat...Carlisle Utd...H

BRENTFORD

11 Mar..Tues..Tranmere R...H
15 Mar..Sat...Leyton Orient...A
22 Mar..Sat...Coventry C...H
25 Mar..Tues..Rotherham...A
29 Mar..Sat...Oldham Ath...A
1 Apr...Tues..Sheff. Utd...A
5 Apr...Sat...Notts. Co...H
8 Apr...Tues..Crawley T...H
12 Apr..Sat...Swindon T...A
18 Apr..Fri...Preston N E...H
21 Apr..Mon...MK Dons...A
26 Apr..Sat...Colchester U...A
3 May...Sat...Stevenage T...H

LEYTON ORIENT

11 Mar..Tues..Port Vale...A
15 Mar..Sat...Brentford...H
22 Mar..Sat...Walsall...A
25 Mar..Tues..Oldham A...H
29 Mar..Sat...Bradford...H
5 Apr...Sat...Sheff. Utd...A
12 Apr..Sat...

Woking88
08-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Swindon's results since the beginning of February:-

League One Swindon 1-2 MK Dons Sat 8 Mar

League One Crewe 1-1 Swindon Sat 1 Mar

February 2014

League One Swindon 1-1 CrawleyTue 25 Feb

League One Leyton Orient 2-0 Swindon Sat 22 Feb

Football League Trophy - Southern Area Final
Swindon 1-1 Peterborough (agg 3-3)
Peterborough United win 4-3 on penalties
Mon 17 Feb

League One Swindon 0-0 Colchester Fri 14 Feb

League One Port Vale 2-3 Swindon Sat 8 Feb

Football League Trophy - Southern Area Final
Peterborough 2-2 Swindon Wed 5 Feb

League One Swindon 0-1 Oldham Sat 1 Feb

When I go to watch the Wolves v Shrewsbury match, I really hope it is to see if we can get our 10th successive win! :s

Woking88
27-03-2014, 08:26 PM
So we now have:-

WOLVES

BRENTFORD

LEYTON ORIENT

12 Apr..Sat...Gillingham...H
18 Apr..Fri...Crawley T...A
21 Apr..Mon...Wolves...H
26 Apr..Sat...Tranmere R...H
3 May...Sat...M K Dons...A

It's looking like Wolves and Brentford for the automatic places. Both run-ins look equally hard. We need six wins to pass the 100 points mark. Exciting and nail-biting times! :)

wolves71
27-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Looking back at the previous fixtures listed, who'd have predicted only one point from the Crawley and Shrewsbury games, i wouldn't.

Woking88
27-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Looking back at the previous fixtures listed, who'd have predicted only one point from the Crawley and Shrewsbury games, i wouldn't.

Agreed Gav. But six points from the Swindon and Brentford away matches certainly impressed me!

Deeley
27-03-2014, 09:51 PM
So we now have:-

WOLVES

BRENTFORD

LEYTON ORIENT

21 Apr..Mon...Wolves...H

It's looking like Wolves and Brentford for the automatic places. Both run-ins look equally hard. We need six wins to pass the 100 points mark. Exciting and nail-biting times! :)

Or 15 points to

Woking88
29-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but after today, is that now 11 ignoring goal difference and probably 10 with goal difference?

Deeley
29-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Absolutely, Wokes, your maths (or math, for our American friends) are spot-on! ;D ;D

Woking88
29-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Absolutely, Wokes, your maths (or math, for our American friends) are spot-on! ;D ;D

Thanks for the confirmation, our Norm! :)

PremierWolf
30-03-2014, 06:11 AM
I am never one to go early ;D but I have a bottle of champers on ice.:D

shiregreenmillers
30-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Don't Forget About rotherham united boys and girls ;) ;)

gardsPNE
30-03-2014, 07:35 PM
or us North Enders. Both Millers and us are now pushing Brentford and Orient so 2nd slot is not guaranteed. Looks like Wolves are almost there now just a couple more wins and the chasing pack "with crossed fingers" for Brentford to drop points in their next few games before we go down to Brentford for our showdown with them and Wolves v Millers on what I consider to be a very fateful day on 18th April ;D :D

By the way what a great following at MK Dons 8800, wow!!!!

Dudleywolf
30-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Don't Forget About rotherham united boys and girls ;) ;)

You gave us a good game at the NYS, so much so that we took your best player (loanee) off you and went on to improve 100% as a team. Having looked at the fixtures, my assessment is this :-

Orient have blown it- play-offs - finish on about 84 points.

Brentford - see them losing at Sheff Utd and they have some awkward games, crawley, swindon, preston, a fully fit MK Dons and I see them getting about 90 points.

Preston dont have enough games or points left to do it IMHO,I see them finishing on 87 points.

Rotherham, sheff utd is key for you guys, lose and its the play-offs, you will lose to us, so I will say 88 and third place but beat sheff and you could go up.

As for us, I think we will win the next 3 to be on 95 points, home and hosed. If Rotherham drop points we would go up at crewe, otherwise it will be at home to Rotherham ! If we do manage to win the next t

shiregreenmillers
30-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I Think Wolves will beat rotherham 3.0 ;D
I am sure all rotherham fan will be hoping that i am right ;) ;)

Dudleywolf
30-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I Think Wolves will beat rotherham 3.0 ;D
I am sure all rotherham fan will be hoping that i am right ;) ;)

Whatever !

Will be will be !

gardsPNE
31-03-2014, 09:52 AM
I hear what your saying Dudley and I dont think you will be a millions miles out. We are just hoping Brentford are going to continue extending their mini wobble and them alongside the Millers have quite a tough run in. In my opinion we have the more straight forward and with us playing Brentford it could indeed be a crucial "6 pointer" and we desperately need Brentford to lose their games in hand ie the Blades on Tues as a starter for ten. Unfortunately for Orient the wheels are well and truly coming off.

Your game with Rotherham will be a very close game which I am going to struggle to call. Rotherham alongside yourselves have been the best two teams we have played.

Woking88
05-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Barring incredible happenings in the goal-difference department, it looks like another two wins will see us with an automatic promotion place! :)

Dudleywolf
05-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Barring incredible happenings in the goal-difference department, it looks like another two wins will see us with an automatic promotion place! :)

One win, Rotherham at home would probably be enough, a draw at crewe and beat Rotherham definately would be !

Dewsbury1980miller
06-04-2014, 08:15 AM

One win, Rotherham at home would probably be enough, a draw at crewe and beat Rotherham definately would be ![/quote]

You lot seem to think a win at home to us is a formality. Have you seen our away record???

Evewolf65
06-04-2014, 08:17 AM

One win, Rotherham at home would probably be enough, a draw at crewe and beat Rotherham definately would be ![/quote]

You lot seem to think a win at home to us is a formality. Have you seen our away record???[/quote]

Have you seen our Home record!! ;)

Dewsbury1980miller
06-04-2014, 08:46 AM

You lot seem to think a win at home to us is a formality. Have you seen our away record???[/quote]

Have you seen our Home record!! ;)[/quote]

Good point lol!

3 - 3 it is then!

Att: 29,999.. ;)

abbobrom
06-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Just to remind everybody that Rotherham are the only team to score more than two goals against us this season. Dicko scored two of them, where is he now?

Woking88
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
A reminder of that Rotherham game:- - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25376419)

Dewsbury1980miller
06-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Wonder if the ref will give you guys a way back in if things arn't going to plan..

Evewolf65
06-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Wonder if the ref will give you guys a way back in if things arn't going to plan..

What yer tryin to say mate!?;) XD

wolves71
06-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Read this Dewsbury, some thoughts on the game at your place. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pqyeb5a)

Woking88
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm curious, Dewsbury1980miller, you don't appear to have posted on the Millers board since 21 March. Do you only visit other boards these days?

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Wokes, Subway doesn't post on our board very often, but I don't see you asking him the same question.

Woking88
06-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Gaz, I'm not particularly interested what happens on other sites, but I am interested in what happens on here.

It just seems odd, with the high volume of posting on the Miller's site that he has not joined in there, but chosen to come on here.
He has been reasonably civil whilst on here, so no complaint, just curiousity! :)

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Gaz, I'm not particularly interested what happens on other sites, but I am interested in what happens on here.

It just seems odd, with the high volume of posting on the Miller's site that he has not joined in there, but chosen to come on here.
He has been reasonably civil whilst on here, so no complaint, just curiousity! :)In this post alone you have contradicted yourself. I'll leave you to work that one out.

Woking88
06-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Some interesting comments following this article:- - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/kdzg56e)

Woking88
06-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Posted 06 Apr 2014 20:55
re: The Final Run-In.
'Woking88' wrote at 20:46 on 06 Apr:

He has been reasonably civil whilst on here, so no complaint, just curiousity! :)

In this post alone you have contradicted yourself. I'll leave you to work that one out.

Am I supposed to care? I am merely asking a question. What are you trying to imply?

PS - you missed the word particularly. Without that, I would agree with you! :D

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 08:51 PM

In this post alone you have contradicted yourself. I'll leave you to work that one out.

Am I supposed to care? I am merely asking a question. What are you trying to imply?

PS - you missed the word particularly. Without that, I would agree with you! :DOh dear I've misread or misunderstood one of you posts again, I won't sleep tonight because of it... :zzz: :zzz:

Woking88
06-04-2014, 08:58 PM

PS - you missed the word particularly. Without that, I would agree with you! :DOh dear I've misread or misunderstood one of you posts again, I won't sleep tonight because of it... :zzz: :zzz:[/quote]

You started it pal. I just asked a question and you seemed to want to turn it into World War III - what's that al

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 09:42 PM

PS - you missed the word particularly. Without that, I would agree with you! :DOh dear I've misread or misunderstood one of you posts again, I won't sleep tonight because of it... :zzz: :zzz:[/quote]

You started it pal. I just asked a question and you seemed to want

Woking88
06-04-2014, 10:03 PM

You started it pal. I jus

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 10:15 PM

PS - you missed the word particularly. Without that, I would agree with you! :DOh dear I've misread or misunderstood one of you posts again, I won't sleep tonight because of it... :

Woking88
06-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Who was going to do that then, Gaz?

Revive the thread and have a look - another one for you to read properly and understand what was being said!

Mr.D
06-04-2014, 10:40 PM

Revive the thread and have a look - another one for you to read properly and understand what was being said!So why did everybody read that comment the same way I did? Your problem is you never know when your wrong. I'm going to do what a lot have decided to do on here and not reply to your posts.

Afteral you are the Wolvesmad version of ***ybaggie. XD

Woking88
06-04-2014, 10:51 PM

Revive the thread and have a look - another one for you to read properly and understand what was being said!So why did everybody read that comment the same way I did? Your problem is you never know when your wrong. I'm going to do what a lot have decided to do on here and not reply to your posts.

Afteral you are the Wolvesmad version of ***ybaggie. XD[/quote]

I know they didn't, the ones that did were egged on by you!
Thank god - a result at last! Who the hell is ***ybaggie?

Dewsbury1980miller
07-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Just with our game coming up I thought I'd stick my two peneth in.

Really lookin forward to this one but got a small matter of two big derby games 1st. Takin 5000 tmoro to the blunts. Yeah I know it's not 9000 like you guys took to MK & it's local but still a good effort. If we get 6 points we'll be coming down to you on 18 unbeaten which will equal our record so it'll give us extra incentive not to lose!

Just hope all fans behave because to be honest out of all the 80 odd grounds I've visited watching the millers, the hostility at yours is right up there with the worst. Not gonna end well if someone gets a last minute winner! :s

Woking88
07-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Really lookin forward to this one but got a small matter of two big derby games 1st. Takin 5000 tmoro to the blunts. Yeah I know it's not 9000 like you guys took to MK & it's local but still a good effort. If we get 6 points we'll be coming down to you on 18 unbeaten which will equal our record so it'll give us extra incentive not to lose!

Just hope all fans behave because to be honest out of all the 80 odd grounds I've visited watching the millers, the hostility at yours is right up there with the worst. Not gonna end well if someone gets a last minute winner! :s

I will certainly be following the Blades match tomorrow, along with Brentford v Crawley.

Dewsbury1980miller
07-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Really want Crawley to win but they've gone into freefall since beating your lot so can only see a home win. We simply have to win or it's playoffs for us. Still be superb & having seen all teams in there won't be fearing anyone!

wolves71
07-04-2014, 05:59 PM

No hostility has ever stopped me attending away games and never will, past experiences or not, don't judge us all on a small minority. Enjoyed my visit earlier in the season for the 3-3 between our sides.

Woking88
08-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Apart from Chelsea v Paris SG on ITV and Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid on SS2, there is a full set of Championship matches and three very interesting League One matches tonight. Those being:

Brentford v Crawley
Peterborough v Gillingham
Sheffield United v Rotherham

You shouldn't need me to spell out what the results of the Brentford and Rotherham matches could mean to our sealing automatic promotion and their effects on our final position.
I will be watching the Chelsea game and following the others via various computer sources probably accompanied with a pint of Spitfire - beats working! :D

Woking88
08-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Not long now! :D

Woking88
08-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Brentford 1 Crawley 0
Peterborough 2 Gillingham 0
Sheff Utd 1 Rotherham 0

It looks like 3 points against Crewe should see us promoted as it would take some real upsets in the goal difference department to make it otherwise! :D

Woking88
09-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Now:-

WOLVES

BRENTFORD

ROTHERHAM

11 Apr..Fri..Bradford...H
18 Apr..Fri..Wolves...A
21 Apr..Mon..Port Vale...H
26 Apr..Sat..MK Dons..H
.3 May..Sat.. Swindon T...A

ORIENT

21 Apr..Mon...Wolves...H

I would sooner be where we are than any of the other places! :D

Woking88
09-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Rotherham v Bradford is live on Sky Sports 2 on Friday night, kick-off is at 7:52pm.

The kick-offs on Saturday are all at 3:07pm. Can anyone tell me why the kick-offs are all 7 minutes later than usual, I have obviously missed something here?

wolves71
09-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Rotherham v Bradford is live on Sky Sports 2 on Friday night, kick-off is at 7:52pm.

The kick-offs on Saturday are all at 3:07pm. Can anyone tell me why the kick-offs are all 7 minutes later than usual, I have obviously missed something here?

25 years since the Hillsborough disaster, hence the games kicking off at seven minutes late.

Evewolf65
09-04-2014, 06:02 PM

Hillsborough Tribute the game in 1989 was stopped at 3.07 PM.

Woking88
09-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks for that, guys.

Woking88
12-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Two more wins and a draw now needed for the 100 points that will guarantee us the champions crown! :)

wolves71
20-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Sometimes fate happens during a football season and this season and our final three fixtures seem to have done that. Against Leyton Orient, Coventry and Carlisle United, all games ended in a draw.

Woking88
20-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Sometimes fate happens during a football season and this season and our final three fixtures seem to have done that. Against Leyton Orient, Coventry and Carlisle United, all games ended in a draw.

I think that we are better equipped to see them off now though, Gav.

Woking88
21-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, we've done it with two games to spare. Now we have two games left to get the three points needed to secure the record points total for the Division.

One would like to think that we can get two victories out of the last two games, but I won't be taking anything for granted!

wolves71
21-04-2014, 05:48 PM

I think that we are better equipped to see them off now though, Gav.[/quote]

One down, two to go. Orient proved a big test today, but i think as with the Rotherham game, Wolves would have been a lot tighter as team if promotion was still to be achieved.

Woking88
28-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I suspect that they will be well and truly focussed on Saturday!