PDA

View Full Version : The FL show gripe!

PAULCAFC
09-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Maybe a minor point but has SD ever appeared on it post match after any match highlights? Wembley obviously but how many times has Darren Ferguson appeared? Lost count! And Nigel Clough? And one or two others, think there's an element of bias on it! (Gerraway!)XD

Fifty_Year_Fan
09-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I like the FL show and we should be glad it exists as the media (particularly Sky) tend to concentrate just on the the top clubs of the Premier and neglect the Football League clubs.

However I agree that they only tend to show manager interviews of the well knowns or those at big clubs. Hence Clough, Jacket, Grayson, Ferguson and Evans seem to be on every week. I dont think SD has ever been on it, except for the Wembly appearances.

I have even known home games where the Alex have won, they have still shown the losing manager (because he is a 'name') but have not shown SD, it also annoys me.

AlexLeicester
10-02-2014, 08:00 AM
I think Steve Davis would rather do his talking to the people who matter - his squad and the fans of the Alex.
He just strikes me as being a solid bloke with little egotism and lots of passion, neither of which look good under the glare of a TV camera.

Contrast SD with that bloke down the A500 who, when he wants to speak to the Chairman does so in print; or that half-wit Evans; or Di Canio. No: I'd rather Steve keeps out of the limelight.

somersetcrewe
10-02-2014, 09:28 AM
To be honest, is it such a big deal?
Interviews these days are pretty boring, rarely do we hear anything we don't already know.
Personally I like the FLS as a package - better (and cheaper! ;D) than anything Sky produce!!

alexmick
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
My wife and I often comment on the unfair way that the Alex are always represented on the FL show. I would like to see Steve giving his thoughts once in a way and not only that, more analysis of certain aspects of our play (great goals on Saturday / entertaining football from both teams, which led to the commentator suggesting it was a great advert for L1 football). Considering we were bottom at Xmas, they make absolutely no mention about our rise out of the relegation places. They do mention Coventry, Notts. County and Sheffield and Gillingham all of the time. Even lowly Trnamere (and their manager are given ample air time). Totally biased programme. Bring back Late Kick Off.

PAULCAFC
10-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Late kick off usually appears with about half a dozen games of the season to go.

bonehead
11-02-2014, 03:59 PM
think we get a raw deal on the football league show - north west news and radio joke

often SD is on radio joke about 10 to 7

leaving no time for most people to ring in and comment

you get better highlights on the sky website - usually a good 3 minutes of goals and chances

and why they bother with steve carrage (Joke) beats me - could get more of the matches in without him - although i dont mind Leroy R as hes had more to do with lower leagues i think

alexmick
11-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Regarding the Late Kick Off show on BBC1, this programme used to begin around about January / February time and feature until the end of the season. It was not aired last season, obviously as part of the cuts.

The FLS does not show enough of the highlights from the lower leagues and as the previous poster rightly says, that Claridge fellow is poor. I prefer Leroy R. every time. He does know what he is on about and speaks very eloquently.

gruff1
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM
TBH, I would rather they cut all the interviews and showed another 30 seconds of highlights per match.

PAULCAFC
16-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Can't believe it, SD was on it last night!:O

somersetcrewe
17-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Indeed he was - but hardly worth the wait was it!!!
Gruff has it right!

NEVTHEDEV
23-02-2014, 04:06 AM
The Alex actually got praised on the show today,theres a novelty.
Noticed on the Vile sites,a lot of them were saying the Alex,played up to the ref,and wasting time.
Toots played for the penalty,but the way I saw it he carried on after being fouled,and it was the ref who gave the pen.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
They even had a go at Bakes,for punching the air.

grestyraider7
23-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Sky sports news showed a quite awkward looking interview after the Vale game with Steve, Harry and Joe Davis all being interviewed together, drawing on their family connection.

The moron doing the interview insisted on calling us Crewe Alexander.

bonehead
24-02-2014, 04:01 PM
the sky sports video on our page shows loads of goal chances against vale

really done a good job

NEVTHEDEV
24-02-2014, 10:23 PM
the sky sports video on our page shows loads of goal chances against vale

really done a good job
Even though he calls Toots.`Tool` :D