PDA

View Full Version : Match of the day 2 last neet...

braggyowl
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM
...Mark Lawrenson's comment on the pigs beating Fulham...

"They (Fulham) lost to Sheffield United...It doesn't get any worse than that"..XD XD XD

Really surprised it hasn't been picked up by an oinker and splashed all over their board with the usual "never liked that tosser anyway he knows eff all"..XD XD

Mark Lawrenson...A secret owl maybe. B)

hirstyboywonder
10-02-2014, 04:16 PM
...Mark Lawrenson's comment on the pigs beating Fulham...

"They (Fulham) lost to Sheffield United...It doesn't get any worse than that"..XD XD XD

Really surprised it hasn't been picked up by an oinker and splashed all over their board with the usual "never liked that tosser anyway he knows eff all"..XD XD

Mark Lawrenson...A secret owl maybe. B)

Agree mate, blunts mad are usually the first to pick up on anything when someone has a bad word to say about them.
Radio Sheffield Wednesday, The Sheffield Wednesday Star, the BBC, everyone is against them.
Every time portly journalist Martin Samuel mentions their they are on him, all quick to state his vendetta against them.
Surely they realise that he's happy regardless of what they think of him as the more papers his stories sell or the more hits they get on their website the better it his for him and his paper.

braggyowl
10-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Too true Hirsty. Seen the one about Martin Samuel..Truth hurts em.

I also noticed the thread about us where some of the pigs hope we go out of business rather than see us both have Derby games one day in the Prem..ffs some of em really do your head in...Sad horrible B'tards.

hirstyboywonder
10-02-2014, 05:00 PM

I also noticed the thread about us where some of the pigs hope we go out of business rather than see us both have Derby games one day in the Prem..ffs some of em really do your head in...Sad horrible B'tards.

I must admit, one season in the PL together would be my choice with them then getting relegated but I would never want them to go out of business, the rivalry is all part of football and is enjoyable.

I wouldn't want to be a 1-team city like Leeds - who do they have banter with? You don't Leeds fans on here or on owlstalk unless we are playing them, do they still think Man ure are their big rivals?

In truth if they thought about it, the ones who have wished us to go out of business on that thread wouldn't really want us to - what would they have to talk about if we did?

banno
10-02-2014, 08:08 PM

I must admit, one season in the PL together would be my choice with them then getting relegated but I would never want them to go out of business, the rivalry is all part of football and is enjoyable.

I wouldn't want to be a 1-team city like Leeds - who do they have banter with? You don't Leeds fans on here or on owlstalk unless we are playing them, do they still think Man ure are their big rivals?

In truth if they thought about it, the ones who have wished us to go out of business on that thread wouldn't really want us to - what would they have to talk about if we did?[/quote]

i've got to be hons

braggyowl
11-02-2014, 11:57 AM
XD XD XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
11-02-2014, 12:34 PM
There was an article written about the rivalry the other day. It's main point was that as long as one Sheffield team were doing better than the other, it was seen as a success and nothing more mattered.

I partly agree, but I don't believe 'nothing more matters'.

helmut_rooster
11-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Cannot believe I missed that, I normally cannot stand Lawrenson but he's defo gone up in my estimatation after that XD

braggyowl
11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Lawro is now officially a Wednesdayite. :star:

mahatmafoot
11-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Have to agree with him. It doesn't get any worse that a Premier League team getting beat by a team in the botton 2 of Division 1. No problem. As for Fatty Samuels, now that's a different barrel of fat.

braggyowl
11-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Come on Mahat...What's Samuel's said that wasn't true.

mahatmafoot
12-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Okay, if you lot played 2 ILLEGAL players and won sending Wet Sham down. Don't you think you would have been fined and relegated in their place.Samuels is a Shammer and can't accept this. Pretty much every other journalist did.
Tou can't beat a tem that had Mooro and his mates and Mr Slyboy Brooking.
This ain't sour grapes, just fact.

braggyowl
13-02-2014, 06:31 AM
Fair enough Mahat but at the end of the day you blew it.
Being ten points clear at one stage...You weren't good enough to stay in the Prem no matter how many illegal players played on the last day.

mahatmafoot
13-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Think about it. If Wet sham hadn't played their 2 inelligibles including a world class Teves we would have finished being safe. Still you're right. It was Warnocks lack of top flight experience and not knowing how to end the season to ensure safety. One top league season in 20 years and one top half of the top division in nearly 40 years says it all.
That's why I have total respect for the guys who go watch Accrington, Bury Rochdale every week with no real chance of doing anything.