PDA

View Full Version : Sober reflection

duschko
10-02-2014, 03:05 PM
I left Valley Parade on Saturday not sure whether to laugh or cry. At half time 3 points looked there for the taking as Bradford had posed little threat. With a slow build-up, their only tactic was to aim at Hanson's head and they produced no shots on target. We looked very comfortable without playing particularly well and Uche's goal underlined our superiority. A horrendous error from their defender let him in and after a superfluous second touch, his lob seemed to take an age to drop under the bar.
How different ten minutes into the 2nd half when a far more energetic City side suddenly aroused the home fans and we had a game on our hands. Just when it seemed they must draw level we scored a wonderful second. Brilliant attacking work from Brad and Chuks led to the second Uche goal, the like of which we have seldom seen this season. Had we kept them out for another 15 minutes they could have folded but Grant unnecessarily lost possession in a bad area and the finish was academic. The

weymouthalex
10-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for that duschko. It’s good to see so many thoughtful and informative posts again for those of us who rarely get to a game. It seems we are playing with passion and flair once more and I am especially pleased to see Ben G doing well, as we have lost too many promising goalkeepers over the last few years. Perversely, the poor first half of the season, for whatever reason, has meant that we will probably keep SD for a lot longer, as he seems off the radar of other clubs at the moment.

lestiverton
11-02-2014, 11:09 AM
SD off the radar? I guess the manager's stock will be on the rise as the Alex move away from the threat of relegation. If he succeeds in keeping the club in League 1 then he'll be seen as a wonder worker who has steered a team through a very difficult period (Cornwall), kept his counsel, and turned around the club's fortunes. I'm sure many clubs will be following our progress and will be after SD if we avoid relegation.