PDA

View Full Version : Death of Roversmad??? ...

champs95
10-02-2014, 07:01 PM
...other than in the summer when there is nothing to talk about, it can get quiet on here. But in in all the years of posting, it's noticeable this place is dying.

I wonder what it is?
Lack of posters?
The fact we aren't doing well anymore? As in, when we where a Prem club, doing well, it was rammed this board...
Saxo? ...:D ...joking Saxo!!

Just curious to what has seen such a drop, in what was a thriving board not long ago.

accyrover
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't post on here as much anymore. Mainly because it's mostly people droning on about that same **** and having pointless arguments.

DarwenBlue1969
10-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I don't post on here as much anymore. Mainly because it's mostly people droning on about that same **** and having pointless arguments.

No it isn't. XD

jordan12rhodes
10-02-2014, 10:02 PM
as soon as the SAXO PREDICTION LEAGUE was ended, the board starting to drift away.. ;D

alfinyalcabo
10-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Things have dropped off since you left the premier league.. maybe they will pick up again when you are promoted. :)

flyingclub1875
10-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Ditto

Davhor
11-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Things have dropped off since you left the premier league.. maybe they will pick up again when you are promoted. :)

Meaaaaaow! ;D

Howie5o
11-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Things have dropped off since WE left the premier league.. maybe they will pick up again if WE get promoted. :)

Yes Alf im sure they will if you do get promoted ...i thought it was a mistake in the paper when i saw your attendance for the Millwall game ...:P

duncandisorderley
11-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Things have dropped off since WE left the premier league.. maybe they will pick up again if WE get promoted. :)

Yes Alf im sure they will if you do get promoted ...i thought it was a mistake in the paper when i saw your attendance for the Millwall game ...:P[/quote]

Gutted that we missed out on them extra points 'cos we didn't fill the stadium ;D

champs95
11-02-2014, 06:08 PM

Yes Alf im sure they will if you do get promoted ...i thought it was a mistake in the paper when i saw your attendance for the Millwall game ...:P[/quote]

Gutted that we missed out on them extra points 'cos we didn't fill the stadium ;D[/quote]

Look, this season, your doing alot better than us. So we resort to a pointless discussion about attendances, as we'd rather not be talking about how well your doing. Im shocked you dont know the rules of this game? You've been playing it with us for the past 35 years. :D

DarwenBlue1969
11-02-2014, 07:12 PM

Gutted that we missed out on them extra points 'cos we didn't fill the stadium ;D[/quote]

Look, this season, your doing alot better than us. So we resort to a pointless discussion about attendances, as we'd rather not be talking about how well your doing. Im shocked you dont know the rules of this game? You've been playing it with us for the past 35 years. :D[/quote]

Quality. :star: XD XD XD

AucklandRover
11-02-2014, 08:56 PM

Look, this season, your doing alot better than us. So we resort to a pointless discussion about attendances, as we'd rather not be talking about how well your doing. Im shocked you dont know the rules of this game? You've been playing it with us for the past 35 years. :D[/quote]

Quality. :star: XD XD XD[/quote]

Totally agree with DarwenBlue. Excellent.

needle
11-02-2014, 09:08 PM
"Look, this season, your doing alot better than us. So we resort to a pointless discussion about attendances, as we'd rather not be talking about how well your doing. Im shocked you dont know the rules of this game? You've been playing it with us for the past 35 years. :D "
Only difference is Champs , we`re telling the truth ;-)

claret1978
11-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Ive said it b4, win, lose,draw. our next game btw us. hopefully you & bolton fans will finally realise you are only an averge champ side now, nothing special. We are all the same, been along time. your poor neighbours are the same. you both have no money.like us

Font_of_knowledge
12-02-2014, 07:46 AM
I think one of the reasons for the slow down on here was the blanket banning of Clarets about 3 years ago. I'm not saying some didn't deserve to go, but others were fine and not abusive. At one point the mod(s) on here we're banning willy nilly. The Clarets banter on here would obviously attract more of your supporters too. By the way, Preston's MAD board died when they banned most of the Clarets posting on their too. Again, only a minority were abusive. Burnley's is the busiest board on FootyMAD so it stands to reason you'd get a lot posting on others boards on this system.

Another being you've not been doing so well. We've had 3 poor years and our board seemed to quieten down a bit as it was depressing, but has obviously picked up massively this season.

DanRrr
12-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Ive said it b4, win, lose,draw. our next game btw us. hopefully you & bolton fans will finally realise you are only an averge champ side now,

Have you been living in a cave in Jupiter for the last 3 years? We realsised that 15 minutes after Jerome Anderson started offering 'free advice' and our clueless owners took it. That was 4 seasons back now!

nelson61
12-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Maybe if everybody (me included) took a step back and ease up on the personal stuff it may become good fun and good talk about footy again.

test
12-02-2014, 02:24 PM
It seems that every interesting thread soon gets reduced to personal insults and not worth reading. I am not interested in trading infantile rants nor am I interested in reading them and that is why I only post infrequently.
As for Burnley having the biggest board on Footie Mad I agree it is true but then they don't have another like we do . They also talk about non football topics like the price hike in dungarees.
Sorry chaps, I just couldn't resist that one. ;D

yorkyclaret
12-02-2014, 04:15 PM
QUOTE ''Ive said it b4, win, lose,draw. our next game btw us. hopefully you & bolton fans will finally realise you are only an averge champ side now, nothing special. We are all the same, been along time. your poor neighbours are the same. you both have no money.like us''

I Can't agree that we are all the same, two of the three have unmanageable levels of debt, when the bank decides that enough is enough, what then? Administration? Liquidation? On the other hand we are on our last year of parachute payments, if we don't get up this season, hard times are looming especially with the FFP rules. If the QPRs of this world get transfer embargoes who is going to pay over the odds for our players who arn't good enough to attract the Premier League clubs? The ones that do get buyers will go cheaper due to supply and demand when the big spenders can't buy.

I do however agree with Test, if people want to show themselves up with childish calling that is their right, but I for one w

blue_bruce
12-02-2014, 05:00 PM

Actually, they started dropping off before that. Initially, Venkys' ridiculousness sparked a lot of angry posting. But after a while it sapped our will to live, and it became very hard to post about something. That point came before we left the Premier League. And the only thing that did get posted about was hating Kean and Venkys.

champs95
12-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Actually, they started dropping off before that. Initially, Venkys' ridiculousness sparked a lot of angry posting. But after a while it sapped our will to live, and it became very hard to post about something. That point came before we left the Premier League. And the only thing that did get posted about was hating Kean and Venkys.[/quote]

I agree Bruce. It was that spell after Venky's came in, and especially while Kean was here, that saw a major drop off in regular posters.
Every post ended Kean & Venkys out!!!!
Expected, understandable, but got very boring.

champs95
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
[quote="yorkyclaret"]QUOTE ''Ive said it b4, win, lose,draw. our next game btw us. hopefully you & bolton fans will finally realise you are only an averge champ side now, nothing special. We are all the same, been along time. your poor neighbours are the same. you both have no money.like us''

I Can't agree that we are all the same, two of the three have unmanageable levels of debt, when the bank decides that enough is enough, what then? Administration? Liquidation? On the other hand we are on our last year of parachute payments, if we don't get up this season, hard times are looming especially with the FFP rules. If the QPRs of this world get transfer embargoes who is going to pay over the odds for our players who arn't good enough to attract the Premier League clubs? The ones that do get buyers will go cheaper due to supply and demand when the big spenders can't buy.

I do however agree with Test, if people want to show themselves up with childish n

dunn0709
13-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Is it not simply that people have moved to the other site?

The burnley lot always go on about how popular their board is, but like already said, it's all they've got. Most clubs have other more popular messageboards. Just look at Sunderland that made their own board and totally killed the footymad one.

I get the impression a lot of the older posters have moved to the other one but aren't saying anything cos they can't be arsed with the grief they would get from a few people, but I could be wrong. And if they don't post on it, surely they are reading it.

On another note, after having to put up with SK's image at the top of the screen for god knows how long, I now log on today to see Sean Dyche's stupid ginger mug smirking back at me in the top right hand corner. >:)

And on yet another note I see the newest member to Roversmad at bottom of page is "alwayaclaret60". Says it all really.

blueandwhitehalves1
13-02-2014, 06:21 PM
In a word, relegation.

Our match-going fans has dropped by about 40%, I'd say our forum fans will have dropped even further (being of the generally more fickle persuasion than ST holders). Brfcs has hoovered up most of whats left now, how many non-PL clubs our size have more than 1 really active board?

Thats the initial problem, but then I think it starts a bit of a downward spiral. Less posters means less posts which means people getting bored and starting more in-joke threads about each other. These are of little to no interest to new or occasional posters, who are further discouraged from posting, and so on.

Same deal with the Dingles. As much as I hate to say it, they were good for activity on here. But they have no interest unless there's a sizeable number of Rovers fans to wind up. Less Rovers fans = less Burnley fans = less activity = less Rovers fans and so on.

champs95
13-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Reading the comments, it seems to be a bit of a mix.
The last 2 make some good points.
Most clubs have just one site. BRFC's is the busier.
I didnt realise CM was Burnleys only fan site. That explains why that board is so busy.

All in all, just seems a shame this is getting less & less used. Another good point, this site needs to be busy with Rovers fans, for any banter to happen. Even that is on the decline.

I don't like the idea new posters are not included. And it may even apear a bit like a clique.
I accept I am most likely guilty of that, as any other longer term member.
I shall take that fully onboard, and hopefully this board will improve.
Both Dunn & B&W halves, your both good posters, so dont be strangers. If you see something your not keen on, get it posted.
Hopefully we can try get this place a bit busier.

Leisure
13-02-2014, 08:38 PM
'I didnt realise CM was Burnleys only fan site' - it's not, try The Longside.

alfinyalcabo
13-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Top site Leisure,do you post on there?

dunn0709
13-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Top site Leisure,do you post on there?[/quote]

Really Alf?! Dunno why but I actually went and had a look.

It seems to hav about half dozen people on. They family members or something. They would be better off shouting to each other through the house.

And phuck me is it slow, the servers made of wood? Actually had to shut it down as was slowing my whole computer and was worried poker site would crash.

It makes this site seem both busy and fast, and that takes some doing. Kinda like some-one making Jordan look like a virgin, or Piers Morgan humble.

champs95
13-02-2014, 09:46 PM

It seems to hav about half dozen people on. They family members or something. They would be better off shouting to each other through the house.

And phuck me is it slow, the servers made of wood? Actually had to shut it down as was slowing my whole computer and was worried poker site would crash.

It makes this site seem both busy and fast, and that takes some doing. Kinda like some-one making Jordan look like a virgin, or Piers Morgan humble.[/quote]

XD XD XD
Yeah I had a quick look aswell Dunny.

Leisure, I said footy sites, your not surely counting that are you?
Or are there 10,000 'locked out' that I didn't see? ;D

dunn0709
13-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Maybe we're missing something Champs, perhaps you need a spectrum or an amstrad to be compatible with that site and really unleash it's potential. :D

Can't believe he actually listed it as some kind of brag - yeah, you lot better check this one out.

I would of just kept quiet if I was him. ;D

alfinyalcabo
13-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Quality not quantity lads.. XD

champs95
13-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I've cracked out my Atari ST to see if I can get some more speed!!

They win this round hands down ...:blue:

alfinyalcabo
13-02-2014, 10:17 PM

It makes this site seem both busy and fast, and that takes some doing. Kinda like some-one making Jordan look like a virgin, or Piers Morgan humble.[/quote]

XD XD XD @ Dunny

Font_of_knowledge
14-02-2014, 05:41 AM
As for Burnley having the biggest board on Footie Mad I agree it is true but then they don't have another like we do.

I really don't see what point you're making above, as I wasn't criticising you not being as busy a FootyMAD board as us. I was explaining why you get a lot of Burnley fans on other MAD boards due to the numbers, and how easy it is to click around using the team drop down.

Burnley do have a couple of other forums, although they're really quiet in comparison. Rovers have Roverstalk and BRFC, and other clubs have other boards, but Clarets Mad is as popular as several clubs boards put together, but in one place. This make it easier as you only have to find one board to talk about Burnley really, as good as The Longside and NoNayNever are to the few who use them.

EDIT: Burnley used to have an official forum but that died with the over zealous moderation. You couldn't criticise the club/players in anyway as it was deleted

DanRrr
14-02-2014, 09:32 AM
It's really a combination of things.

1. Venkys
2. The whole Kean thing created a bit of animosity.
3. Leading to arguments amoungst posters
4. Posters signing up to be abusive, leading to a deteriation in conversations
5. Disagreement by posters on this board of how to handle the situation in terms of protesting during games, boycotting etc
6. Many of the best posters not going anymore, leading to there not being much to talk about on the football front.

But there is no doubt that this board is a shadow of its former self. Although I actually think it's better than it was a year ago, when it really hit rock bottom.

bigmoon
16-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I can only speak for myself with this:

1. I am a boycotter, so no home games means I have nothing to say about them.
2. I was so upset with the Kean/Venky's thing that I came on here and was extremely negative, even I got fed up of reading my tosh
3. My computer has died and I have to either use the moosus's or the works, meaning I have less time to peruse the interweb
4. My PS4
5. Hard core drug/alcohol/substance misuse problem - Only joking.

I do try and pop on when I am on the interweb, but with the baby on the way I can only see the time reducing even more.

Howie5o
16-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Basically most people on here had got so used to moaning about everything to do with Blackburn for the last three years ..now theres nowt to really moan about ..people seem lost on what to actually post ..

Sooner we have a game the better ..:)

DanRrr
16-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Spot on Howie. The sooner we play again, the sooner we'll have something to moan about again ;D

Howie5o
16-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Spot on Howie. The sooner we play again, the sooner we'll have something to moan about again ;D[/quote]

XD XD XD ...;D

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Basically most people on here had got so used to moaning about everything to do with Blackburn for the last three years ..now theres nowt to really moan about ..people seem lost on what to actually post ..

Nowt to moan about? Reading's result yesterday pretty much confirmed that there's nobody rubbish enough to allow us to sneak into the play-offs this season. Which in my opinion has set the seal on it happening again for a long time. Venkys have p*ssed up the wall the AŁ32m advantage we had over the majority of this league the last 2 seasons by hiring mediocre to garbage rookie managers.

We're in the home straight on our transition from 2000-2010 Rovers to 1970-1990 Rovers. There's a lot to moan about in my opinion unless you're able to opt for selective amnesia. The problem is moaning about it has never done any good and its too late now even if it suddenly did.

Its definitely not a satisfi

CaspertheClaret
17-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Read through this thread and some good points raised.

I used to post occasionally on here for a bit of banter and giggles going back about 4 or 5 years. There used to be a good crossover of decent posters from BFC/BRFC who made it worth a read.

I used to post a lot on CM and the Longside but very rarely do now (apart from match day thread) although read them both daily. The main reason I think this is for me is mainstream social media.
I tend to use fb and twitter far more nowadays rather than footie boards.

poltergeist
17-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Read through this thread and some good points raised.

I used to post occasionally on here for a bit of banter and giggles going back about 4 or 5 years. There used to be a good crossover of decent posters from BFC/BRFC who made it worth a read.

I used to post a lot on CM and the Longside but very rarely do now (apart from match day thread) although read them both daily. The main reason I think this is for me is mainstream social media.
I tend to use fb and twitter far more nowadays rather than footie boards.

Nice to meet you Haunted/Ghost, I wondered how long it would take :O

CaspertheClaret
17-02-2014, 08:12 PM
:D

You too, although your sort tend to start chucking stuff around when you don't get your own way ;D

poltergeist
17-02-2014, 08:23 PM
:D

You too, although your sort tend to start chucking stuff around when you don't get your own way ;D

XD XD Im glad you appeared now we can get in the spirit of things when the rest of the board realise that it me who is genuine,,you must have read previous posts to come up with that username. ;D

AucklandRover
17-02-2014, 09:55 PM

Nowt to moan about? Reading's result yesterday pretty much confirmed that there's nobody rubbish enough to allow us to sneak into the play-offs this season. Which in my opinion has set the seal on it happening again for a long time. Venkys have p*ssed up the wall the Ai32m advantage we had over the majority of this league the last 2 seasons by hiring mediocre to garbage rookie managers.

We're in the home straight on our transition from 2000-2010 Rovers to 1970-1990 Rovers. There's a lot to moan about in my opinion unless you're able to opt for selective amnesia. The problem is moaning about it has never done any good and its too late n

blueandwhitehalves1
18-02-2014, 05:48 PM
B&WH - that's a bit bleak! Look at your glass: it's half-full. ;)
1) We're not in the relegation-zone.
2) Bowyer doesn't speak Keanish.
3) Some of the dead flesh has been cut away.
4) Venky-gibberish has been minimised.
5) Most of our recent signings look solid. (We need more than "solid" in the long run, but we aren't going to be getting "top quality" hammering on Ewood's gates at the moment).
6) The play-offs are still possible.
7) We have a lot of decent youngsters getting league-experience on loan.
8)The ghostly one has disappeared (or been reborn with a new character).
9) MHR has become a grandad.
Etc.

Why aren't you whistling a happy tune?

Well each to their own. I admire the fans who can stay positive and wouldn't wanna talk them out of it. Just feel like issuing the occasional reminder that not everyone is dancing in the streets at our laboured and massively unconvincing attempt to make the play-offs.

I saw last sea