PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Deuchar signs on until the end of the season

smokie_bacon_crisps
10-02-2014, 10:11 PM
The gaffer just announced on twitter!

A good signing in my opinion! Gives us a different option and comes with a great track record and ***** experience.

Wilbo87
11-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Good news to have more options upfront. It is ashame though that Dayle Roberton may be pushed down the pecking order as he has looked good for the Senior team and the reserves. With the options of Deuchar, MacIntosh, McManus and Robertson who gets the nod upfront when we only usually play 1 striker up top?

Even though this might be a good signing I think a centre defender should have been the priority. Take Marvin Andrews from Forfar since Malky has kept him out of the first team. Big Marv has the arial ability which our team needs when defending set peices. Garry Kenneth would be a good shout too. Sign him on the basis that if a full time club comes along and wants to sign him he can go. These players will add good experience at the back.

Bellevue
11-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Not too sure about another 30 odd year old signing. He may have lots of experience but so did Steven Milne and Graham Bayne but neither did very well. It's fine having experienced strikers but they need someone to create chances and at the moment the only player who fits that bill is Bobby Linn.
Hope he doesn't get injured or miss any matches.

Have to agree with the many posts that we need a strong central defender. Would have thought that would have been a priority rather than another striker.

smokie_bacon_crisps
11-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm sure the management team are still trying to bring in defence cover but there isn't an amazon style shop with "add to basket". Good Central Defenders are very hard to come by.

I think the difference maybe that Deuchar was prolific throughout his career and I think is quite tall and physical which we now don't have.

I'm not sure how the loan rules work, but with a change of management up the road at Dens Park it's maybe best to have another player just in case Leighton gets recalled.

ClashCityRocker
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Rumour is that Gary Kenneth has twice been offered to sign for Arbroath and has declined both times - stating that he wants to play full time football.

Kenneth is training with Dundee United and playing some closed door games - but he is not match fit.

He also can't play as a trialist and if he signed for Arbroath would be unable to move to United until end of season ( he would struggle to make the 1st team at United with both Rankin and Gould playing in defence ).

Sheerin is trying to sort out the defence, but it's not easy recruiting the right player.

Hopefully Deuchar will still have some speed as the previous strikers aged over 32 years were short of pace and struggled to find the net ( stating the obvious there ) !!!

glasgowlichtie
11-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Do we still have Steven Doris also or is he back with Dundee ?

If not we have some strike force, even without him its severely improved. Heres hoping that can shoot us to survival.

football merchandise (http://www.footballmerchdirect.com)

stan3600
11-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Maybe Sheerin's master plan is to play Deuchar at centre half! :-)

Lichtielegend
11-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Can't say I'm enthused with this.

Has Jim Hamilton written all over it.

timlichtie
11-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Definitely worth a try. PS has had plenty of time to assess him so he must see potential. We also have plenty of attacking options now with McManus and McIntosh plus Robertson improving all the time.

I'm looking forward to an attacking display on Saturday (and maybe some defending too)!

ClashCityRocker
12-02-2014, 02:08 PM
We have a really good hard working midfield unit who will provide the forwards with plenty of service.

Previous strikers signed by the club over the age of 32 have fell short of having the speed and pace to play up front ( often called "target men" ).

Having lost Erwin, we have since struggled with the attacking options available , hopefully the new signings will find the back of the net.

AFC1320
12-02-2014, 06:42 PM
This is a "no-brainer" as far as I am concerned, no transfer fee involved as he is a free agent and probably "pay as you play deal".

A proven goal-scorer all his life and still only 33 who can pass on his experience to our youngsters, also another dimension for our forward line.

Well done to all.

ectolichtie
12-02-2014, 07:11 PM
am really not sure about this, but hope am proved wrong