PDA

View Full Version : Water Water Everywhre

bluechimes
11-02-2014, 08:38 AM
But not a drop to drink :D

Just about holding our own XD XD XD up here.

Not very nice for those living near the Thames
We are not that far from places being regulalry featured on the news now like Chertsey/Shepperton/Wraysbury/Datchet now all in accesible by car. Roads closed off so not even able to go over the Thames at the various bridges.

Was supposed to do a Gig in Wraysbury on wednesday now cancelled. Even if allowed we wouldn't get far on the Boat as impossible to get through the Bridge Arches.

Stayed in Taunton then Exeter last week before the game . The Minder did a walk over the Quantocks and had a panoramic view of what he described as an Inland Sea with trees house Roofs and Fences etc sticking out.

Global Warming Climate change ? Must be something in it :( :( :( :(

BC

:D

BlueAdder
11-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Wettest winter for 250 years. Did they have global warming back then?

lovedeanblue
11-02-2014, 09:47 AM
First of all can I say all those affected by flooding have my deepest sympathy. I remember when it happened to 125 of us on an SSN one Friday evening in the 70s, that was bad enough. Stormy weather forecast yet again for tomorrow and the end of the week. Fingers x for Saturday, we don't want another Tuesday game at FP for sure :blue:

midhurstblue
11-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Wettest winter for 250 years. Did they have global warming back then?

A very good question. As global warming is blamed for the present floods it must have been here then.

geoffp
11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I wonder if Hampshire CCC have a Blotter we could borrow for Saturday? The Somerset one seemed to work for Exeter

kendaldaz
11-02-2014, 10:23 PM
sad to see all them poor peoples homes under water,some since xmas,can only imagine what there going through,horrible

lovedeanblue
12-02-2014, 07:20 PM
I wonder if Hampshire CCC have a Blotter we could borrow for Saturday? The Somerset one seemed to work for Exeter There is a lot of rain forecasted before Saturday morning so yes a Blotter may come in handy. :O