PDA

View Full Version : Hull match thread

ozsaint1976
11-02-2014, 10:02 AM
I haven't had the pleasure before but seeing as it is nearly time for bed here and nobody has posted yet, its my turn :P

Tonight will be a tough away game against an unpredictable Hull with some new player coming into the side after the transfer window has closed. Hopefully Saints tried and tested pressing game will be enough for the three points. As I have predicted I think it is about time our forward line fired, all at the same time and our defence makes a return to its early season standard. I have predicted a big win for Saints. All finger crossed. See you for the game, 6.00am Sydney time.

PapaLazarou
11-02-2014, 12:43 PM
The 2nd of 3 very important games in just over a week for Saints..

The new strike pairing of Long and Jelavic seems to have hit the ground running and given Hull a boost. If Fonte and Yoshida can keep those two under wraps, then this is a game we should have enough to win - and at least Hull should try and play a little football (which will suit us), unlike the anti-footballing tactics of Stoke last weekend..

tumbles
11-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Shane Long is the biggest threat to me, he falls over at the slightest touch and will be looking to do that in the penalty area yet again, im really hoping that both Yoshi and Fonte will be on their game tonight, because if theyre not, its going to blow my prediction out of the water.

COYS B)

harvey_7
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I've always liked Hull as a club & I also like their manager Steve Bruce who's a genuine nice bloke, will be a very tough game tonight but I think we have enough about us to get the 3 points.

COYS

Dirtyweasel
11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I've yet to look, but presume there'll be a feed or two for tonight's game?

Brockley_Jack
11-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I've yet to look, but presume there'll be a feed or two for tonight's game?

Wiziwig for me. Open to other suggestions though if anyone finds a really good one.

Pentridge
11-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Good win tonight, job jobbed.

Dirtyweasel
11-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Hull should have no complaints. Outclassed from start to finish, and lucky that we only scored the one.

As Pents says - job, jobbed O:)

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
11-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Hull set up today for the draw - they were difficult to break down so credit to Saints for a very organised and impressive performance!
COYS

kernow
12-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Effectively, if not yet mathematically , safe from relegation, and it's not yet mid February. Nice bit of bed blocking there.

Hope we kick on now and don't rest on laurels.

Good result last night. O:)

JoePublic
12-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Hull City Supporter.

No complaints. Both sides had chances and we did set ourselves up to take a draw on the basis of "if we can't win, don't lose".

It was the Saints high tempo and work rate that was the extra man and you have a few class players so all in all a good solid performance and deserved 3 points which is always nice for a long journey home.

Good luck

ozsaint1976
12-02-2014, 09:11 AM
My prediction was 6-0 but I'll take 1-0 and three points any day, Job done well done lads. O:)

PapaLazarou
12-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Very pleased with the win - exactly what was needed after the recent Sunderland and Stoke games.

All in all, a solid performance - a pity we didn't take a few more chances, our play probably deserved it.

Always good to read honest reports on Saints from opposition fans - thanks JoePublic - and certainly some on Not606's Hull forum are especially glowing (likewise Steve Bruce's post-match interview, it has to be said)..

One player who is probably deserving of a special mention from last night is Maya Yoshida - thought he had an excellent game, and certainly one of his better performances in a Saints shirt..

Roll on Saturday's cup game at Sunderland..