PDA

View Full Version : Missing posters can someone fill me in

av4ever
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Okay I've been missing more or less for a couple of years so can I ask where have some of the bigtime posters gone.

Brendan
leftside
bobyborg
villa john
jmg
statside not as often as used to
lmv suppose the wedding is a distraction :P
scotty...as above :P
bushy
thejshow

and some others I cant recall right now.

yubbywelch
11-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Website
Clubs form
Life
Other posters

MissWinnie
11-02-2014, 11:14 PM
It would be really good to see a bit more of them if they could manage it, though, wouldn't it Yubby. They're missed. :heart:

littlemissvillain
12-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Okay I've been missing more or less for a couple of years so can I ask where have some of the bigtime posters gone.

Brendan
leftside
bobyborg
villa john
jmg
statside not as often as used to
lmv suppose the wedding is a distraction :P
scotty...as above :P
bushy
thejshow

and some others I cant recall right now.

Ok so...

Brendan - still pops on now and then
Lefty - ditto
Boby - not been on for a while but came over last year and we met up. Top bloke and a beautiful wife
VJ - splits his time between uk and Oz. think he is due back soon
Jmg - not heard from him for a while
Me - I'm here and read more than post as tend to go on my phone more and it's too much like hard work typing!!!!
Scotty - I'm working him too hard to pay for a house!!! Lol
Bushy - more on Facebook than here
The jshow - no idea...

MissWinnie
12-02-2014, 12:28 AM
See! You can remember how to do it L! :P :D

I think I read somewhere that J is busy running a night club.

yubbywelch
12-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Spot on sis.

at least your back Dad

av4ever
12-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks lmv

Hopefully we might get a few back when the facebook novelty dissappears.

Son ...thanks :P and lets have less of your cheek this time ;)

birminghamborn
12-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I very briefly met JMG when I was with Villajohn who introduced me at some away game, very quiet lad.

yubbywelch
13-02-2014, 06:58 AM
A bit like me BB.
;)

ozfan
13-02-2014, 10:39 AM
BobbyB still posts on the football board fairly regularly. Caught up with VJ in Sydney at xmas.He's more into twittering these days. JMG posts on FB now and again. Everyone else on the list still posts now and again.

The vanished.

Robbie Cabbage
Stinna
Alias
Dion Dublin
Pistol Pete
Villian Dreamer
SaitanMar
Sellyoak Villa
VillaDave
Floggle

av4ever
13-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Floggle is freer without a doubt.

some think freer is leftside but he writes in crayon so it cant be him ;D

MissWinnie
13-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Cool re meeting VJ in Sydney, Oz. B) If I'd have known you two were hooking up, I'd have got you to say 'hi' from me. I assume he is good? Apart from deserting us for Twitter, that is? :D

Alias was around at the beginning of the season as I was trying to help him find his way onto our Fantasy League. I don't think my directions could have been very clear (could never tell my left from right :D ) as he seemed to disappear from sight during the process. Hope he didn't end up in the Kiama blow hole! :s

xchurchVilla
13-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Bembo - miss the musical insight!

birminghamborn
13-02-2014, 09:56 PM
BobbyB still posts on the football board fairly regularly. Caught up with VJ in Sydney at xmas.He's more into twittering these days. JMG posts on FB now and again. Everyone else on the list still posts now and again.

The vanished.

Robbie Cabbage
Stinna
Alias
Dion Dublin
Pistol Pete
Villian Dreamer
SaitanMar
Sellyoak Villa
VillaDave
Floggle

Alias has been on here in the last few weeks, Top bloke.

VillaDave was very funny, but was never a Villa fan, but who cares.

Robbie Cabbage now there is a from the past.

And my old school mate Chico Hamilton has also got lost somewhere in cyberspace.

ozfan
14-02-2014, 12:16 AM

Yes come to think of it I haven't seen a post from him for a while. Hopefully he's busy with art exhibitions.

ozfan
14-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Floggle is freer without a doubt.

some think freer is leftside but he writes in crayon so it cant be him ;D

No way mate. Freer is not floggy. Different styles. Floggy had the quick one liners that made me laugh. Freer is more long-winded >;)

ozfan
14-02-2014, 12:27 AM

The vanished.

Robbie Cabbage
Stinna
Alias
Dion Dublin
Pistol Pete
Villian Dreamer
SaitanMar
Sellyoak Villa
VillaDave
Floggle

And my old school mate Chico Hamilton has also got lost somewhere in cyberspace.[/quote]

Yes, Chico. I know there are others as well. Villa Dave was the funniest poster we've had.

ozfan
14-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Cool re meeting VJ in Sydney, Oz. B) If I'd have known you two were hooking up, I'd have got you to say 'hi' from me. I assume he is good? Apart from deserting us for Twitter, that is? :D

Alias was around at the beginning of the season as I was trying to help him find his way onto our Fantasy League. I don't think my directions could have been very clear (could never tell my left from right :D ) as he seemed to disappear from sight during the process. Hope he didn't end up in the Kiama blow hole! :s

Yes he's good, Win. J and E are coming to NZ in June for a faw days to stay at the Hotel Mad and Demented. :D

MissWinnie
15-02-2014, 09:40 AM

Yes come to think of it I haven't seen a post from him for a while. Hopefully he's busy with art exhibitions.[/quote]

I just checked out his Art Facebook link that he posted on the Art thread. Yes, looks likes he's been busy with his artwork. Oz, check out the tiger he painted at the beginning of January. Just brilliant. A very talented guy. I'd have left a like or a comment for him if I was on Facebook ...

Hope link works. Remember there were always problems with it.

Edit. It's added the extra http and it won't let me edit, but hopefully you can find it. - view external link (https://facebook.com/BembridgeArtAndDesign)

MissWinnie
15-02-2014, 09:56 AM

Yes he's good, Win. J and E are coming to NZ in June for a faw days to stay at the Hotel Mad and Demented. :D[/quote]

:D I believe he stayed there once before, didn't he? He told me if you could get past the kooky owner serving up toast and marmalade in a ripped singlet, he could thoroughly recommend it. I said I didn't think it would be a problem. ;D :D

dazzyo-villa
15-02-2014, 12:51 PM

The vanished.

Robbie Cabbage
Stinna
Alias
Dion Dublin
Pistol Pete
Villian Dreamer
SaitanMar
Sellyoak Villa
VillaDave
Floggle

And my old school mate Chico Hamilton has also got lost somewhere in cyberspace.[/quote]

Yes, Chico. I know there are others as well. Villa Dave was the funniest poster we've had.[/quote]

I remember villa Dave from when I first joined years ago, great poster but I never got the impression he wasn't a villa fan as bb makes ou

dazzyo-villa
15-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Add Blackpool villain to the list as my old mate ain't on much at all of late if at all.. :blue:

bongosdad
15-02-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't post much these days either :blue:

birminghamborn
15-02-2014, 10:34 PM

Yes he's good, Win. J and E are coming to NZ in June for a faw days to stay at the Hotel Mad and Demented. :D[/quote]

Getting to know VillaJohn from on here is one of the big plus points of posting on this site.

And John's best Villa mate Pete I went to school with at St Thomas Aquinas, just a very small world sometimes.

MissWinnie
16-02-2014, 08:50 AM
BB, I think VJ was only posting on here for my first 7-8 months on the board, but he was definitely someone who made an impression as an all round good guy. I chose him to speak to, when I did my first ever post on here, as I knew I'd be 'safe' with him. Obviously, you were my second choice, BB. :P :D

I see LMV said Bushy's on Facebook a lot. I don't do Facebook, but perhaps someone could tell him you posted a piccie of Nigella to tempt him back. He was always nagging Yubby to make her a mascot. I think Olivia Wilde was the other one.

MissWinnie
16-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Add Blackpool villain to the list as my old mate ain't on much at all of late if at all.. :blue:

Dazzy, yes, I don't think Blackpool has posted since the upgrade. I think before that he'd had a break due to problems getting on here. Hope he's not had the same problems as you and Yubbs. Always enjoy his laconic style.

scotty86
16-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Reliability of the board

Speed of the board

Number of adverts

Quality of posts

Just a few of the reasons why I don't post much now

PS Even while posting this post I've had to re-type as it didn't send

av4ever
18-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Scotty some days it's slow like yesterday was rubbish but today its been like a starfighter from the gagulan system which is real fast :D

anyway where is statsey these days I see the match report and thats it :?

stateside
19-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Like LMV I am using my phone more and after reading two posts my phone gets hot and I get kicked off the site, so typing is a waste of time unless it is short and sweet.

My internet at home is intermittent coupled with the issues since they changed servers makes it too slow.

I just read what's eye catching basically and barely even bother with this side of the board because I know the phone's just going to kick me off.

bembo86
02-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Finally been able to get back on the board with my internet fixed and a new account.

Looking at some of the posts, it seems i haven't missed much?

yubbywelch
03-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Bambi welcome back.

MissWinnie
03-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Hey Bembo!

Really nice to see you back. Just trying to think what you missed ... Well, Scotty and LMV announced their engagement :heart: , Freer and Bongo are still in relationship counselling, Arran's still got a huge crush on Paul Lambert, Yubby got locked out of here for several months and grew a dodgy beard, oh, and I won the prediction comp before turning to drink. Apart from that, then, no you didn't miss much. :)

Just had a little nose at your FB page by the way. Loving your latest work, especially the veil lady ...

yubbywelch
04-09-2014, 07:20 AM
And Oz and Winnie are internet dating.