PDA

View Full Version : W.M LEE'S HERO...STUART GRAY

OWLEE
11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I cannot overstate how well we played at Reading. Arriving with painful memories of six and five goal drubbings in the past, I suppose I watched initially with limited expectation. However, the game show-cased how much Gray has achieved in transforming the club in a short period of time. I'm not getting carried away, realistically there is no play-off spot to chase and there will be disappointments ahead, (maybe even as soon as v Wigan tonight) - BUT GRAY HAS GOT THE TEAM PLAYING FREE-FLOWING FOOTBALL - a very, very rare feature of the past four**** years. In Maguire and Lee we have two footballers of genuine talent and they spread the ball about and make things happen. Jones signed both of them, seldom picked Maguire and Lee looked like a hapless schoolboy, easily brushed off the ball and a bit of a liability. Llera has defied his critics and looks quite solid again and Semedo's battling qualities are suddenly effective again. Gray must be a brilliant coach and motivator because he ha

aussieowl
12-02-2014, 01:56 AM
yer jinxed us yer ****** *** ****

Katchouro
12-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Did I hear teary eyed Jose Semedo compare Gray to Mourinho? XD

Back down to earth with an East German orchestrated bump last night. I think you'll stay up but expect you to be sucked back in the relegation skirmish. Barnsley have let you off the hook appointing Wilson and as predicted by me as far back as September Yeovil and Charlton will be joining the relegation party.

aussieowl
12-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Did I hear teary eyed Jose Semedo compare Gray to Mourinho? XD

Back down to earth with an East German orchestrated bump last night. I think you'll stay up but expect you to be sucked back in the relegation skirmish. Barnsley have let you off the hook appointing Wilson and as predicted by me as far back as September Yeovil and Charlton will be joining the relegation party.

Please don't say you'll think we'll stay up...that scares me..;)

braggyowl
12-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah, me too...Get back on here you B'stard and say we're going down! XD

Have you noticed tho' Katch only makes a post when we lose one..One defeat in 12 katch...I bet you've been sat at your little keyboard, slavering all over the screen, itching to make a post then BANG Wednesday score again and it leaves you all sad and lonely...btw is your match still on to neet, that farmers field...Er, I mean pitch of yours is a proper mess...Matches the rest of the ground tho' eh mate. >;)

Rotherhamowl10
12-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Last night could have been a different game had we taken our chances at 0-0. Due to injuries we had a make shift back 4 that on paper, was probably the weakest back 4 we've had all season. Llera doesn't fill me with confidence, but I've got to say he hasna€™t done a bad job since his return to the squad. The new lad looked very nervous and let the ball go over his head on numerous occasions - with no help from Llera - but it is still early days for him. I think I would have stuck with Semedo at the back, he was solid at Reading.

Other than our shaky defence, I thought we more than matched Wigan. I can't help but criticise Nuhiu though, I think I am faster over 10 yards with a bag of cement on my back. I could overlook his lack of pace if he offered us an aerial threat, but the two Wigan CB won absolutely everything we threw at them last night. My mind was made up on Nuhiu when he missed a one-on-one and then the free header - what a different game it could have been if either had gon