PDA

View Full Version : The dancer

essexred52
11-02-2014, 10:14 PM
I just love the way paterson dances around defences and scores, takes the p$$$ the geezer, I remember UPRams taking the p$$$ out of us for buying him, Polish was joking about what's he worth but I'm really concerned that other teams are looking at him, Paterson is proper premier class and we are glad to have him,

Bourne1865
11-02-2014, 10:21 PM
We have a few Premiership class players in the team such as Darlow, Lansbury, Abdoun, Reidy and Patterson. Maybe even Hobbs, Lascelles and Jara.

Romanis
11-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Agreed the lad's got talent.

Talking about dancers, perhaps TES and his coach Tricky can learn a thing or 2 watching the boy play. ;D

Polish_ForestMad
11-02-2014, 11:16 PM
I just love the way paterson dances around defences and scores, takes the p$$$ the geezer, I remember UPRams taking the p$$$ out of us for buying him, Polish was joking about what's he worth but I'm really concerned that other teams are looking at him, Paterson is proper premier class and we are glad to have him,
Was I joking?if Hughes is worth A?15million surley Paterson is worth A?10 million.o yea I forgot it was derby fans making the price and rumours up.
they do go over the top with there players.look at johnny russel,cracking signing awesome player,prem clubs were after him.yet they laughed at Henderson,who's scored more so far uptherams? XD XD XD XD

HOODIE
11-02-2014, 11:52 PM
I have to concede that as much as it hurts to say it but this lad is a real talent, could become a top player. He makes the game look easy sometimes.

Damn you!!!!!

triz
12-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Ah yes the derby fans all said Sir Will was worth 15 mill, except the one's that didn't. The very high, larger percentage that didn't, which includes me. Patterson, good player btw.

Oh and with regards russell, terrible luck with injuries this year but i think he'll go on to be a top top player, and i never say that lightly

KeeptheCityGround
12-02-2014, 07:58 AM
His 2nd goal reminded me of Collymore in his pomp.

This lad has to play every game now till the end of the season. He's a match winner wether scoring goals or assisting them.

Doesn't Billy waste a lot of money eh *********gas? 1m steel is Paterson.

KeeptheCityGround
12-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Was I joking?if Hughes is worth A?15million surley Paterson is worth A?10 million.o yea I forgot it was derby fans making the price and rumours up.
they do go over the top with there players.look at johnny russel,cracking signing awesome player,prem clubs were after him.yet they laughed at Henderson,who's scored more so far uptherams? XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Def agree polish. Hughes is a tidy tica taka keep the ball moving player. Patterson is a match winner. We all know which brings the most money. But saying that, both teams should be looking to build teams around these

joebaker
12-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Both Will and Pato still learning as is Lascelles .We shouldn't put to much pressure on them they are not world beaters yet . Russell is a goal scorer and whats the chances of seeing them all play each other at Wembley Triz ? Fair play to Gravel voice at Burnley small squad loses top scorer to QPR and remains 2nd

ruddyforest
12-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Agree with all of those mate except Abdoun. Jury still out for me. His style may be better suited to prem style footy (i.e more time on the ball and not getting clattered by Kevin Davies types) but I am not sure he is PREM class yet ;D

ruddyforest
12-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Paterson is indeed a match winner. He offers something different to the team. raw talent, pace trickery, dribbling skills, assists and goals. i have to say I have been much more impressed with Pato than Abdoun this season. Hopefully he will settle in to English football and our style now he has had time to adjust... having his mate Djebbour at the club may help him kick on now too...

Romanis
12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I dare say that Paterson in a nutshell has solved all our supposed problems with mis-firing strikers.

Just look at him, let's ignore the taking on defenders and crossing lets just look at something he does time and again - he goes for goal as when the opportunity presents itself.

He gets pass a defender or two and realises the goal is in sight, does he try to look around for another player to pass, does he try to get a better footing? No - he shoots and that has brought 7 goals in 9 games.

I think it's rubbed a bit off on Mackie who's now trying for goal himself when before he would look to be unselfish and make a pass.

Previously we had Lansbury and Cohen who would not shy from taking a crack, but now that falls entirely with Reid with some degree of success. I just hope the strikers, Cox, Mackie, Derbyshire and Rafik will take Paterson's cue and try for goal. Henderson's okay, he's been doing it.

rodred
12-02-2014, 07:38 PM
We have a few Premiership class players in the team such as Darlow, Lansbury, Abdoun, Reidy and Patterson. Maybe even Hobbs, Lascelles and Jara.

They are all useful players for a promotion push, and I am optimistic if we continue with the positive attitude of last night we stand a chance of promotion, but if we get promtion some of these players will have alot to prove if only based on the fact that several have previously failed at Premiership level and have not been snapped up by Premier League teams:-

Lansbury - ok seems to have improved and a key player based on form. Worth a shot
Abdoun - Nothing to suggest that he is a Prem player and to me a disappointment with too many misplaced passes. A mistake considering the cost.
Reid - Premiership quality. I hope that at his age he steers clear of injury - without both him and Lansbury (already having lost one of them) there would be a creative void.
Patterson - Promising but would

Romanis
12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I think the term Premiership class has been bandied around too much. Well Boro, Wigan, Reading and QPR to some have players of Premiership class.

I think the better term is having Championship class players who've played in the Prem.

Some players can clearly only perform in either division not both. I think Reading found that out last season.

We have some players who can obviously perform at Premiership level but there's still some who haven't really come to grips with Championship football. Players like Majeswki, Cox, Derbyshire maybe Abdoun as well, must really shine when given a chance.

If we are gonna get out of this division we need to be firing on all cylinders. As a whole, we're doing alright, but good form can so easily turn in this division.

Billy wants to wait until next Monday before going for on loan players, and whom we get if any, might be the deciding factor. And yes, it has be first and foremost Championship class players - Dorrans might fit the bill in thi

general_red
12-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Anyone on here old enough will remember a certain Duncan McKenzie , Jamie Paterson reminds me a lot of him

Romanis
12-02-2014, 09:30 PM
[quote="general_red"]Anyone on here old enough will remember a certain Duncan McKenzie , Jamie Paterson reminds me a lot of him[/quote

I'm too young to remember McKenzie, but he reminds me a bit of Tony Wood**** - our Young Player of the Year in 1978. Always eager, always willing, nippy and quick.

BigusDikus
13-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Why did I think this post was about TES? :s

i961pie
13-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Anyone on here old enough will remember a certain Duncan McKenzie , Jamie Paterson reminds me a lot of him

I remember him but he did it at the highest level with you, Leeds and Everton. Patterson as a long way to go but I get your point.

general_red
13-02-2014, 01:57 PM
McKenzie did it in the old 2nd division for us before moving on ill always remember him ripping Man City apart in the FA cup with a 4-1 win , a bit like Patterson ripping West Ham apart in our 5-0 win