What's your favourite flavour?XD

MillerforScotland
12-02-2014, 10:02 AM
My second question is:
Can Novo XL ?

Piglet_Phoenix
12-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Really strange signing this one.

"Javier Clemente branded Novo a "coward", and of "showing no commitment to the club at time of need", and tore up Novo's contract".

By all accounts he's lost his pace and has been struggling in a Conference North standard division.

Never the best technically, prone to mood swings.

Bizarre and desperate times.

MillerforScotland
12-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I agree with many of your points Piglet and Novo may well be past it. However, tier two football in Scotland, while not being brilliant quality, is well above the level you quoted. I would say one or two clubs could make it into the top half of league two/bottom of league one in England. The remainder would be league two/Conf. standard.

Piglet_Phoenix
12-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Nonsense, any Conference side would walk away with the title at Scottish tier two level.

Any Scottish team put in the Conference from that level would be comfortably relegated.

Scottish football on the whole is almost unwatchable the standard is so poor. It's a real fifth rate footballing nation these days.

Markovitch
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
He can't get in a team that is 9 points below Cowdenbeath. I guess we should reserve judgement until he plays but it doesn't look good, and he has a contract until the end of the season

sandpit
12-02-2014, 03:06 PM
If he is fit,fire him in there and give it a go joe,you never know he might be the missing link.;)

MillerforScotland
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
While I agree with your assessment of Scottish Football in general, there are lower league clubs like Dunfermline, QoS, Falkirk, Dundee, even Morton and obviously, "Sevco" who would easily cope with league two and possibly survive league one.
The problem is a lot of powerful clubs with tradition and ceowd potential hit the buffers once too often and the three top divisions are a strange mix of decent sized clubs and village teams.
But even Alloa, who would fall into the village team category, have been well organised and very well managed recently.(at least till Paul Harley left) He looks as though he will have a decent career in management.

Markovitch
12-02-2014, 04:24 PM
When Rory Loy, who was not good enough for us, is playing for Falkirk who are second in that division you have to wonder about the decision making process. Smacks a wee bit of desperation. Hope he is on a pay as you play contract

MillerforScotland
12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Remember who deemed Rory "not good enough"
and then consider some of those who HAVE been deemed "good enough".
I.e. old mother Edwards.
I rest my case;D

blueexile85
12-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Rory was more than good enough, even after so long out, when he eventually came back he looked hungry and popped up with a few goals and Man of the match. I was baffled when we let him go. what a waste

Piglet_Phoenix
12-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Loy's got 13 goals from 22 appearances this season.

Novo makes him look like the Scottish tier two equivalent of Pele.

pacirv
12-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Surely O'riorden would have been a better bet.
As already pointed out in letting Loy and Wells go the club have shot themselves in the foot especially in Wells case as we could have been 3 million quid better off and maybe even debt free.
Since the present board took over the club had been in a steady decline and will only get worse as long as they are running the club.

MillerforScotland
12-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Ah, but remember, these guys are merely "custodians" ;D
Quite a clever bit of terminology that, I've always thought.
Could It be interpreted in more than one way? :?

dancingbear
12-02-2014, 06:32 PM
You dont really think we could possibly have been AŁ3 million quid better off if we`d kept Wells do you???.

ipickonpeople
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
He played 30+ games in the Spanish segunda division last season and before you start criticising that standard, there are very good teams at that level who'd wipe the floor with teams in our league.

Piglet_Phoenix
12-02-2014, 10:27 PM
He only scored 6 goals in 34 appearances last season, his team were relegated and he was released.

He was that highly thought of in Spain that he ended up signing for Morton.

ipickonpeople
13-02-2014, 12:07 PM
I doubt many League 1 forwards would score 6 goals in a season at that level.

Piglet_Phoenix
13-02-2014, 04:20 PM
That's poppycock to be fair.

You have an inflated opinion of the standard of the Segunda. Clearly the standard is lower than the second tier in England, so you're probably looking at an equivalent to the English third tier. Towards the bottom of the Segunda - almost fourth tier equivalent.

Effectively, Novo was booted out of a Spanish third tier club after not being good enough. So that's the equivalent of a League Two striker being released from his club after only scoring six times in a season in this country.

While I'm not saying there are no fourth rate strikers in League One, the top strikers in our league would be stars in the Segunda.

Wukkie
13-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd rather we signed Riordan also but Novo will will probably ended up with as many goals as Guy even if he's paid off after two months.

ipickonpeople
14-02-2014, 12:27 AM
What in gods would make you think the segunda is equivalent of league 1?

Have you actually watched any of the teams perform?
Do you really think Barcelona and Real Madrid's B teams would struggle in The league 1 like they do in the segunda? Have you seen the standard of players that come from that level? Take Villarreal as an example last season.

You're either on drugs, on a wind up or just one of these ignorant people who think everything else in Europe is of an inferior standard to English football. I'm actually staggered by your ignorance.

Not worth discussing this any further.

Piglet_Phoenix
14-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Your ignorance is shining through with the Villarreal example.

You always get the odd team relegated from the top flight who will spend the odd season in the Segunda before bouncing back easily at the first attempt (Deportivo will do it easily this season for example). One team doesn't demonstrate the standard of the entire division, it's ludicrous to even suggest it.

What is pertinent however, is that Villareal have released 14 players and signed 8 since promotion - which shows the massive gulf on standard between first and second tiers in Spain.

You also have an inflated opinion of the standard of "B" teams in Spain. The equivalent would be to put Premier League youth teams in the Championship in this country - most would be easily relegated. Most would probably struggle in League One to be fair.

Spanish football, on the whole, is generally inferior to English football. I don't think any sensible person would deny that. Take away the top three teams in that Spanish top flight and

dalmationblue
16-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Carlisle seems to be suffering from the grasping at straws illness...;D