PDA

View Full Version : Cool heads required

Proggs
12-02-2014, 09:15 AM
As must be expected, results didn't help us last night. Of course not, we have to expect those around us to fight just as much as we expect 'us' to.

We will drop into the bottom 4 again at some point, we have to ignore that and just keep the big picture in mind. It's about what, 7 wins? Over the rest of the season and not in the next 7 games. However WE need to pick up an extraordinary "Brstol" result too!! Why not? Beating Brentford IS do-able!

Next 4, Stevenage is the big 'to win' and if we could collect a couple of draws too that'd be a good 'work rate'.

It is going to be squeky and it IS going to have to be done by us, no favours happening.

5 from 12?

AlexLeicester
12-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Proggs is right, survival is in our hands.

What gives me some cause for optimism is the introduction of Ikpeazu. Inman, Pogba, Aneke and Ikpeazu, with Moore ready and willing, is a formidable front line.
We will make mistakes, but there is enough skill and vigour to get us through - discipline, injuries etc. permitting.

Scanners123
12-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Dead right AL, the front four youd should scare any team in this league. It might have been the elevation of the stand behind the goal at Bradford on Saturday, but during the second half Brad and Chuks were rampant, and reminded me of the JPT match away at Coventry last year. The forwards were that good! Easy to say we conceded 3, but two of those goals would have been contenders for goal of the month, if the League Show had such a thing. We wont be conceding them that often at this level COYR

somersetcrewe
17-02-2014, 01:24 PM
[quote="Proggs" result too!!
[/quote]

Been thinking about this.
I think Bristol City will escape, too good (and big!) to go down IMHO and their result at Brisbane Rd was perhaps not *that* extraordinary after all, what with that being the O's 3rd straight defeat. Their keeper crisis hasn't helped either.

I was going to say the same about Sheff Utd too, but with them now in the FA Cup quarters and, let's be honest, with a great chance of a semi, league games are starting to stack up. Remember how we fared after the Everton replay earlier this century?? - and that was only the 5TH round!!

Add Crawley into the mix - HOW MANY games in hand??? I doubt their squad is big enough enough to cope with Sat-Tues-Sat (with perhaps the odd Thursday thrown in) until the end of the season!! I fear for them - in an evil (>:)) way!!

And then there's Stevenage and Shrewsbury - the former finally finding league football

Proggs
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Defo cool heads. Gulp

grestyraider7
02-03-2014, 11:28 AM
All massive games now.. but Shrewsbury and Bristol City away are whoppers.. fingers crossed for today...Come on Coventry!!

itwasin
02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Crewe. A. have used up all there Life Lines Relegation is now a Certainty,they have missed chance after chance to climb up the table,and its more like Snakes and Ladders back where we were months ago.The next 2 games be lucky to get One Point! So its the Last Chance Saloon,but when you have a team that plays at home and dont turn up for the first 75min there is No Chance.

somersetcrewe
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Crewe. A. have used up all there Life Lines Relegation is now a Certainty ... ...

Entitled to your opinion, of course you are ... ... but, jeez! change the record!
Bet you're a barrel of laughs down your local!!

NEVTHEDEV
03-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Crewe. A. have used up all there Life Lines Relegation is now a Certainty ... ...

Entitled to your opinion, of course you are ... ... but, jeez! change the record!
Bet you're a barrel of laughs down your local!![/quote]
Yes seen him in the corner,answers to,Billy No Mates. :( :s :blue:

itwasin
03-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Not my own opinion , Opinion of many who are not Dreamers we say as it is! We hope we are Wrong but as you know we are always right!!

somersetcrewe
03-03-2014, 08:26 AM
... but as you know we are always right!!

And no doubt you'll be back on to tell us so if you are!!
So I must remember to do likewise when you're not!!

somersetcrewe
03-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Come on Coventry!!

Judging by that comment, gr7, you'd be disappointed with that 0-0?
Well, for me, that was the perfect result.
Keeps Cov within reach (3 pts), and they still have to come to our place. Try as they might, they continue to struggle to release themselves from the shackles of the -10!

And it keeps Shrews at arm's length too. Could be a HUGE game at their place on Good Friday. Could be a bumper crowd too if it remains a pivotal fixture!!!

alexmick
03-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Come on Coventry!!

Judging by that comment, gr7, you'd be disappointed with that 0-0?
Well, for me, that was the perfect result.
Keeps Cov within reach (3 pts), and they still have to come to our place. Try as they might, they continue to struggle to release themselves from the shackles of the -10!

And it keeps Shrews at arm's length too. Could be a HUGE game at their place on Good Friday. Could be a bumper crowd too if it remains a pivotal fixture!!![/quote]

That is the perfect result for the Alex, although as we have said many times, we cannot rely on others to help us out. Draws between fellow strugglers are just about right, as long as we get the required results against Oldham, Notts, Coventry, Bristol and Shrewsbury. Bristol did us no favours on Saturday and that Ryan Lowe fellow cannot stop scoring for fellow strugglers Tranmere. 17 goals for the season now and le