PDA

View Full Version : Scottish independence

av4ever
12-02-2014, 10:40 AM
I must this Alex Salmond wants his cake and eat it.

wants independence but wants to keep the pound.

I say if you want to make the leap and go it alone get on with it but don't expect England to hold your hand when it suits - view external link (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/iainmartin1/100259291/westminster-dynamites-alex-salmonds-currency-union-causing-scottish-nation)

scotty86
16-02-2014, 11:36 AM
I think Alex Salmond has had his fair share of cake over the years

What about the Scottish people that work in England but want Scottish independence :?

birminghamborn
16-02-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm all for it if we can finally convince them that we don't want Rangers or even Celtic anywhwere near the Premiership.

bongosdad
16-02-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm hoping the Welsh go independent and then build the great wall of Wales across the border. It would attract tourists and create jobs.
I would then declare war on england.
Did you know it was the Welsh that built Stonehenge.

Exiledvillan
17-02-2014, 07:00 AM
I'm hoping the Welsh go independent and then build the great wall of Wales across the border. It would attract tourists and create jobs.

As with all of your ramblings this last statement lacks evidence/proof. Back in the day there were no countries just tribes. Indeed the stones have been sourced to South Wales but there is no credible evidence as to how the Stones were transported or by who.

Independence for Wales? XD Wales couldnt survive, sad but true. Being half Welsh and have a Welsh daughter , I have no anti-Welsh agenda.

As for Scotland, having worked up there and witnessed the hate, I would be delighted to be rid of em. Independent must mean exactly that. No currency twinning, no tax breaks and no Scottish M.P.'s in Westminster.

bongosdad
17-02-2014, 10:19 PM

As with all of your ramblings this last statement lacks evidence/proof. Back in the day there were no countries just tribes. Indeed the stones have been sourced to South Wales but there is no credible evidence as to how the Stones were transported or by who.

Independence for Wales? XD Wales couldnt survive, sad but true. Being half Welsh and have a Welsh daughter , I have no anti-Welsh agenda.

As for Scotland, having worked up there and witnessed the hate, I would be delighted to be rid of em. Independent must mean exactly that. No currency twinning, no tax breaks and no Scottish M.P.'s in Westminster.[/quote]

I watched a program on stonehenge and yo