PDA

View Full Version : resting players for the cup

tricky1972
12-02-2014, 01:39 PM
With 2 huge league games in less than a week, who do we rest for the cup game?

My team for the sheff u game...

DeVries, Halford, Collins, Hobbs, Harding, Moussi, Majewski, Mackie, Paterson, Henderson, Derbyshire

Team for Leicester...

Darlow, Halford, Lascelles, Hobbs, Fox, Moussi, Jara, Reid, Paterson, Mackie, Cox

trentend40
12-02-2014, 02:19 PM
where does all this who do we rest come from
when we was winning European cups league cups ect u had a squad of about 16 players and one sub, unless injured the same players would play week in week out , and that was on waterlogged pitches snow anything really , heavey leather ball , god talk about wrapping them in cotton wool

so im afraid id say pick the best players ,

they get paid enough , and that goes for all the leagues not just on about forest

tricky1972
12-02-2014, 03:30 PM
when we was winning European cups league cups ect u had a squad of about 16 players and one sub, unless injured the same players would play week in week out , and that was on waterlogged pitches snow anything really , heavey leather ball , god talk about wrapping them in cotton wool

they get paid enough , and that goes for all the leagues not just on about forest

And when that's what everyone did, that was fine. Now teams rotate players in larger squads, that becomes the imperative.

Whatever your view on how things should be, doesn't change how they are. We will make 4+ changes between Sunday and Wednesday, and that would be more if we had fewer injuries.

The league is number one priority, so key players will be rested in the cup.

ruddyforest
12-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Think Devries, Harding and collins will all come in for Sunday. May play Djebbour again to up fitness levels as I can't see him starting v Leicester (too risky). Also Abdoun to play on Sunday too.

Not sure if Moussi will be fit as he injured his calf last night.

Other considerations - The Blunts will be fresh after having their game tonight cancelled AND will it be on (after tonights cancellation)???!

Romanis
12-02-2014, 07:17 PM

I accept where you're coming from and honestly for many a long time, I had the same view. Those of us brought up with football in the 70s and 80s even earlier, sometimes wonder why these millionaires are moaning or becoming soft.

But then you gotta look at the difference in games now and then. Say we take that 1978 team with all the players and put them in today's game, how will they fare?

I think they'd struggle to be honest, the game's more intense now, defenders have gr

KeeptheCityGround
13-02-2014, 06:53 AM

I accept where you're coming from and honestly for many a long time, I had the same view. Those of us brought up with football in the 70s and 80s even earlier, sometimes wonder why these millionaires are moaning or becoming soft.

But then you gotta look at the difference in games now and then. Say we take that 1978 team with all the players and put them in today's game, how will they fare?

I think they'd struggle to be honest, t