PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth to Brechin City!

ectolichtie
12-02-2014, 06:18 PM
We cannot compete with the smallest team in the league, discuss

ClashCityRocker
12-02-2014, 07:19 PM
According to media reports, Gary Kenneth is not yet match fit - but was indeed offered terms with Arbroath.

Arbroath has a population almost 3 times the size of Brechin with gates also much bigger than Brechin's.

Would be good to know the reasoning behind this - very much doubt if Brechin have a budget to offer anymore than the average wages of players at this level.

Bellevue
12-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe he took a look at the league table.

Mr_Refhater
12-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Just what they needed too, a centre back! F**k sake!!! We're in desperate need of one and bloody f**king Brechin beat us in the race!

Maybe they'll now be desperate to offload to us - for free, solely out of sympathy (the bast**ds!) - one of either Gerry 'I can't keep my erect arm out of the air' McLauchlan or Ewan 'I can't keep my erect arm out of the road of the ball' Moyes...

housecaptain
12-02-2014, 08:57 PM
If Kenneth has signed for B.C. then I think they must have out-bid us in some way or another.
Considering where we are in the league and staring relegation in the face I think we should
have pushed the boat out a little to secure his services as it would have been money well spent if he kept us in league 1.Only time will tell.
I remember we signed C. McGlashan for that reason
circa;1998 and it was money well spent albeit in
somewhat different circumstances.:(

ClashCityRocker
12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Gary Kenneth is hoping to return to full time football next season, perhaps he didin't want to risk playing for Arbroath in the event of being relegated and his reputation taking a knock.

On the other, if Arbroath avoid relegation ( and I think we will), he could have gained credit for helping Arbroath avoid the play offs etc.

As it happens, Brechin looks like the "easy option", they are sitting slightly better in the league, have less pressure and might be the right fit to put him back in the shop window.

However, Arbroath can still catch Brechin - this is still very possible and may yet happen.

Interesting to note that this post was started by Ectolichtie who only a few weeks ago was not in favour of Arbroath signing Gary Kenneth - so probably not much of a disappointment to Ectolichtie.

Overall, having watched Brechin a few times this season, Arbroath have a much stronger squad than Brechin.

Just unfortunate that both Steve Doris and Erwin had injuries - they are both badly mi

Lichtielegend
13-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Overall, having watched Brechin a few times this season, Arbroath have a much stronger squad than Brechin.

So we have a much stronger squad than Brechin. You also stated on another thread that Sheerin should absolutely stay.

With a stronger squad and the right man in charge, why are we 14 points behind Brechin in the table?

davedinburgh
13-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Dont worry we have not missed out He was touted around not so long ago as the NEXT BEST THING and I have had it on good authourity from sources in the West who had him watched quote - "HE'S A DUMPLING "

Football is of course a game of opinions

ClashCityRocker
13-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Due to a combination of bad luck, injuries and a few signings which were not the correct fit for the squad we are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Having both Erwin and Doris on loan was fantastic, but both are now out injured.

Bobby Linn has been outstanding and Cook and Banjo have both made good contributions.

Errors were made signing players who were too slow and lacked pace to play up front at this level - but hopefully the new signings will score goals.

Would have been good to have Kenneth at Gayfield, but the likes of Bobby Linn and Steve Doris are much better players - there is no doubt about that.

Having seen Brechin a few times this season, I thought they were terrible and I expect Arbroath to beat them next time round.

C'mon the 'broath.

AFC1320
13-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I have it on good authority he is a Big-headed **** so maybe a good thing we missed out on him.

Why would you go to a minor smaller club with a laughable ground and squint pitch apart from the are further up the league than us!!

ectolichtie
13-02-2014, 05:52 PM
[quote="ClashCityRocker"]Gary Kenneth is hoping to return to full time football next season, perhaps he didin't want to risk playing for Arbroath in the event of being relegated and his reputation taking a knock.

On the other, if Arbroath avoid relegation ( and I think we will), he could have gained credit for helping Arbroath avoid the play offs etc.

As it happens, Brechin looks like the "easy option", they are sitting slightly better in the league, have less pressure and might be the right fit to put him back in the shop window.

However, Arbroath can still catch Brechin - this is still very possible and may yet happen.

Interesting to note that this post was started by Ectolichtie who only a few weeks ago was not in favour of Arbroath signing Gary Kenneth - so probably not much of a disappointment to Ectolichtie.

Just unfortunate that both Steve

ClashCityRocker
13-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I don't think Brechin have better funds or some secret benefactor - if they did, then surely they would have a better squad of players ?

Think he opted for Brechin due to them having a slight chance of making the play offs for promotion ( but they can still yet get pulled into the relegation battle ).

Results aside, Arbroath did very well this season bringing Bobby Linn, Erwin and Steve Doris to Gayfield - all of these players are much better than Gary Kenneth.

Lichtielegend
13-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't think Brechin have better funds or some secret benefactor - if they did, then surely they would have a better squad of players ?

They are still 14 points clear of us (nearly double our tally), they've obviously got some advantage over us.

You can try and pin our shortcomings on injuries etc but Brechin have lost key players too (Trouten in particular) yet have still been able to get results.

There's only 3 possible reasons for me that explains why Brechin are comfortably better than us right now, better players, better management or both.

maroonie
13-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Having seen Brechin a few times this season, I thought they were terrible and I expect Arbroath to beat them next time round.

C'mon the 'broath.
****ty were fu#### awful last time we played them but they were still better than us on the day. As for the strength of squads, the benches tell the truth. Brechin had quite a few players on their bench capable of changing the game, while we had virtually no one on ours who could do likewise. I can only surmise that they either have business people backing them financially or their manager is spending his budget more wisely. Hope the boss has got his squad right now and Dr Goals does the biz for us as it seems PS is going to still try to outscore the opposition. Might be some high scoring games to come now. C'mon lichties.

timlichtie
13-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Apparently we offered at least as much but our league position worked against us.

We've now got a pretty good squad including the defence if they are all fit. It's just a shame that we have so much to catch up.

Stranraer will be a good test as they will have one eye on the cup replay. They'll be praying for a waterlogged Stair Park and a postponement.

Mr_Refhater
13-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Stranraer will be a good test as they will have one eye on the cup replay. They'll be praying for a waterlogged Stair Park and a postponement.

Here's hoping their wish doesn't come to fruition, as were planning on being there! Are you going Tim?

timlichtie
13-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Hoping to make it. I keep thinking we're due a big performance!

smokie_bacon_crisps
19-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Brechin have sent Ewan Moyes out on Loan to Cove Rangers.

I'll miss him putting his hands up for offside everytime we get the ball...not! - view external link (http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/moyes-heads-to-brechin/)

Mr_Refhater
20-02-2014, 12:43 AM
Brechin have sent Ewan Moyes out on Loan to Cove Rangers.

I'll miss him putting his hands up for offside everytime we get the ball...not!

And here's me thinking that they would offer him to us? Gerry McLauchlan will just take up that baton, now that Moyes has gone SBC!

Glad I'm no Moyes though as I dinnae fancy that trip every week, although he maybe lives near by? A real come down for Moyes Cove Rangers don't you think? He must be cursing the day the Hedgetrimmers got their man Kenneth, who I've recently heard described as a 'dumpling'. Albeit from a Dundee fan! XD

smokie_bacon_crisps
01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Phew!

I think we dodged a bullet!

ectolichtie
01-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I knew I was right about him, he was dreadful

timlichtie
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
We would be "sick as parrots" if we had spent big on him.

Sumo!

fatwull
03-03-2014, 08:56 AM
So why were we trying to sign a dumpling?