PDA

View Full Version : Any storm damage at Gresty Road?

AlexLeicester
12-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Just read that the railway station has had to be closed and evacuated because of danger to passengers and workers.
Is the hallowed ground, my own stadium of dreams, OK?
Don't want the Brentford game called off.

VindePays2009
12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Don't normally disagree with you, AlexL, but if Saturday's game is already shaping up to a postponement (Bees are not playing the Blades tonight, I see), then this may be no bad thing.

I hate to see games called off, but Brentford are the only team in the division (as they were last season) who seem impossible to take even a single point off. I think that few on this site would disagree.

So let's postpone the inevitable gubbing until some time in April when, hopefully, it'll be a nothing event, and rest up for our fab four to rip into Vale and Stevenage.

(And even that presupposes that Zoko will have a bad day at the office, whereas he doesn't usually.)

AlexLeicester
12-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but I need to see some football. :-D

Even my little, local village side's games have been called off every time I have been down since Christmas. Two drops of rain and they put the shutters up ... which means I end up spending Saturday afternoon in the club bar. Wipes out Saturday night completely. :-(

alexmick
12-02-2014, 08:03 PM
I cannot believe that the game at Sjoke is being played tonight. A500 closed, grid-locked roads, people travelling to the game still stuck in traffic, buildings & trees down. I would put human safety ahead of a sporting activity every time.

Manchester and Everton postponed because of the weather and police intervention.

PAULCAFC
12-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I'll be amazed if this game goes ahead now.

ChalkDust
13-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Looking like it will be windy Friday in to Saturday but forecast for heavy rain won't do the pitch any favours.

somersetcrewe
13-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Significant perhaps that BBC Radio 5-live choose Crewe station this morning as a base for their breakfast programme?
My money's on a P-P for Saturday! :/

Alexmaverick
16-02-2014, 07:29 PM
No real damage at G.R. but over in The Potteries it's believed John Rudges 'syrup' flew off and landed in the Trent. XD